It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Announces He is no Longer Self-Funding his Campaign

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
a reply to: BlueAjah

If Trump refused the campaign fundraising, he would be denying the RNC their biggest income, and he would surely be getting off to an even worse start with them.

Why should he care, he is anti-establishment right?

Trump said he would fund HIS campaign. He never said he would pay for the campaign after the nomination.

Source? Just because he is being nominated doesn't mean his campaign is over.

And as others have said (I'll find quotes later), it is understood that Trump is still never going to honor favors for these donations. He does not roll like that.

Why should I believe him? Plus, that's your opinion. As much as he flip-flops, how do you know he isn't just blowing hot air again?

When it comes to the CA$H, the only way to be "Anti Establishment" is to run Third Party, on nothing but individual donations, somehow make it to a convention, have no allegiance to a COMMITTEE (RNC or DNC)...take ZERO donations as a NOMINEE.....

Denounce all funding for your National party......and somehow make it to the top of a General Election.

Tell me when you figure out how to achieve that.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Indigo5

www.bloomberg.com...

According to Bloomberg this is going to be the most expensive campaign in history they project each candidate will spend more than 2 billion.

I'll take Bloomberg word for it.

What an utter waste.

$2B could go a LONG way to actually - oh, you know... perhaps help some of the folks these politicians so keenly use as political props.

But nah, a group of incredibly wealthy individuals can blow $2B on a campaign and somehow consider themselves "connected to the working class of America."

Give me a break.

Yea, screw those disabled vets and elderly that lost everything when the economy came crashing down. Let's blow Billions on attack ads on TV and lobster dinner party's with the filthy rich.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: BatheInTheFountain

If Trump refused the campaign fundraising, he would be denying the RNC their biggest income, and he would surely be getting off to an even worse start with them.

Trump said he would fund HIS campaign. He never said he would pay for the campaign after the nomination.

And as others have said (I'll find quotes later), it is understood that Trump is still never going to honor favors for these donations. He does not roll like that.

Why should I believe him? Plus, that's your opinion. As much as he flip-flops, how do you know he isn't just blowing hot air again?

When it comes to the CA$H, the only way to be "Anti Establishment" is to run Third Party, on nothing but individual donations, somehow make it to a convention, have no allegiance to a COMMITTEE (RNC or DNC)...take ZERO donations as a NOMINEE.....

Denounce all funding for your National party......and somehow make it to the top of a General Election.

That's Trumps words we're just waiting for him to back them up now.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Interesting, tell me the EXACT 'words' you have an issue with, an then show what he has 'lied' about or backtracked on.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Interesting, tell me the EXACT 'words' you have an issue with, an then show what he has 'lied' about or backtracked on.

Read the thread

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Complain complain complain if it's not one thing it's another.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Read the thread

Nope. You made an assertion. It's YOUR responsibility to quote the WORDS he said, that you have issue with.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The ONLY thing I can see where Turmp gets into territory of being a 'hypocrite' is the use of SuperPacs or Pacs.

He has consistently argued against them and scolded them.

But now as a "Nominee" it's a different game. And the RNC/GOP is involved at that level. They essentially take over the battle.

And they WILL NOT stop use of donor money or Pacs no matter HOW much 'morality' or grassroots talk you throw at them. It's virtually unavoidable. They don't even ANSWER to Trump at that point. Trump has to mostly answer to THEM.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Trump could have avoided this whole thing by running Independent in the FIRST place.

He could have still been a 35-40% Candidate in the General. And blown Ross Perot's number away.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   

“The first thing is obviously is the inside-the-beltway guys have no control over Donald Trump and I mean that in a good way. Most of those people are bought and paid for by special interests, by lobbyists, by major donors. Mr. Trump is funding his campaign on his own, he’s not taking donor money. He isn’t beholden to those people and can’t be accountable to those people who want special interests out of the government. He’s gonna do what’s right for the country.”

What's more, Trump's spending is a loan from him to the campaign. He can be repaid for his investment -- plus interest. Meaning that the extent to which he's self-funding over the long-term is subject to later revision. We'll also note that more than a quarter of what Trump has raised has come from individual donors. Some of that money is from people who bought Trump hats and other schwag. Some is people writing checks.

According to the Post analysis, he has provided loans or outright gifts to his campaign organization totaling nearly $25 million since he launched his drive for the GOP presidential nomination last spring. In truth, Trump doesn’t pay for everything himself. Supporters have kicked in about $9.5 million, including $2 million that made its way into Trump’s campaign coffers in February. Still, he is using his personal wealth to cover the lion’s share of the cost for now.

"We have said over and over, he's self-funding," Lewandowski said. "I don't know how can pay yourself back with money you're not raising."

"WE HAVE SAID OVER AND OVER," don't play coy.

According to the most recent contribution records from the Federal Election Commission (through Jan. 31, 2016), just under a third of Trump's campaign funds -- about $7.5 million -- has come from individual donors.

Look - there's nothing illegal, or even controversial here. Be honest - this is what politicians do. I don't know why ANYONE would act surprised.

However - it just absolutely floors me at vehemently people defend him at ever flip-flop he makes.

God forbid we hold people to the standard of their word. Trump is a pathological liar, and this is proof. How anyone can see this as a redeeming quality or a trait/characteristic that's positive is beyond me. The man is playing people like the gullible flock they are.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   

So I'm taking from your post, your beef is that he has had SOME donations, from some individual donors?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've also heard Trump say verbatim in multiple speeches that he does NOT WANT donations. He has literally told entire crowds not to donate.

So when data is compiled about his 'funding' from some donors, does it mean donations, or actual USAGE?

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

All of that was when HE was running in the primaries.
At the time HE was running on his OWN behalf.

In the General Election, it is no longer just HIM on his own.
At that point, he is the Republican Nominee. He is the Republican party representative in the election.
It is then the PARTY in the election, not Trump on his own.

This is now a DIFFERENT election.
Trump never said he was going to pay for the General Election.

This does NOT mean that he is going to be beholden to special interest groups.

I'm not sure how many ways to explain it.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5
Not expecting it to move the needle any, Trump supporters are resilient to these flip-flops, but interested on how folks feel all the same?

This thread is just another circle spank for all the anti's to gather and spew the funk from their fingers onto the screen to feel good about a "gotcha" moment. So you feel a little like Katie Kourich?

Face it. Trump is taking the White House. And if he doesn't? Business as usual. So what. We'll all be here, 9 years from now arguing over the next run of candidates. That's life.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   

And so FAR, he HAS funded his own campaign.

We our now in the General Election/Nominee phase.

Not even a BILLIONAIRE who is mostly a Billionaire through ASSETS, could fund a campaign on his own in 2016.

Someone as rich as Bill Gates would be hard pressed to do it.

Cmon man, this is silly

Then maybe he shouldn't have said that he's really really rich, and a nice guy, and free from special interests, and that that means he would self fund his campaign.

originally posted by: onequestion
www.bloomberg.com...

According to Bloomberg this is going to be the most expensive campaign in history they project each candidate will spend more than 2 billion.

I'll take Bloomberg word for it.

All well and good until Trump said that it wasn't about the money, it was about someone with the resources being willing to stand up and do what's right for America.

He didn't follow through.

I had been leaning Trump over Hillary, if Trump can't even keep to his word after a couple months on literally his very first promise though (which was a big draw), it's Hillary all the way.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Third time posting...Strange that supporters who must have watched him say the same thing a 100 times engage in such reality denial..

Let's just start with his first announcement speech

"Because I don’t need anybody’s money. It’s nice. I don’t need anybody’s money. I’m using my own money. I’m not using lobbyists, I’m not using donors. I don’t care. I’m really rich. And by the way, I’m not even saying that to brag. That’s the kind of mindset, that’s the kind of thinking you need for this country."

www.nydailynews.com...

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Did he not always leave the door open to funding in the General Election?
Is this news or just more anti-Trump propaganda with no proper or balanced research?

This is from January this year:

Trump yet to decide on general Election campaign funding

As they say in the stock market - this news is already built into the price

edit on 6/5/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You are wasting your time. People have only heard what analysts have told them and have not listened to any specific interviews where Trump acknowledges he will likely need donors for the main election.

It's a semantics game at this point and nothing anyone posts up will satisfy someone already won over for the other side.

I am not taking up for the man, as I have heard him say what your quoted article has said for months. His own words can do it if people weren't so hell bent to say that he didn't say what he is sitting there and clearly saying.

It's pretty simple at this point for most folks. Don't like Trump, don't vote for him. If you feel that he has let you down personally, by all means... You should vote for someone else. But to tell folks that they have not heard what they have said they've heard... What can you do?

Not one single supporter has come in this thread and been shocked. They've heard him discsuss this at rally's and in interviews for quite some time. It is those that have not bothered to listen to anyone but pundits who are now surprised.

posted on May, 6 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: UKTruth

You are wasting your time. People have only heard what analysts have told them and have not listened to any specific interviews where Trump acknowledges he will likely need donors for the main election.

It's a semantics game at this point and nothing anyone posts up will satisfy someone already won over for the other side.

I am not taking up for the man, as I have heard him say what your quoted article has said for months. His own words can do it if people weren't so hell bent to say that he didn't say what he is sitting there and clearly saying.

It's pretty simple at this point for most folks. Don't like Trump, don't vote for him. If you feel that he has let you down personally, by all means... You should vote for someone else. But to tell folks that they have not heard what they have said they've heard... What can you do?

Not one single supporter has come in this thread and been shocked. They've heard him discsuss this at rally's and in interviews for quite some time. It is those that have not bothered to listen to anyone but pundits who are now surprised.

Yes, you are right. These people don't seem that interested in objectivity. Indeed, they are actively fighting against it to the point of pretending things did not happen if it makes them look silly.

It's still quite amusing though and it's good to laugh.

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
Well. I am either voting for Sanders or no one.

With this news hitting the streets it makes me believe the only candidate I can trust is Bernie Sanders.

I change my vote to only Sanders. Trump just lost all respect from me for becoming a sell out.

Right, because federal reserve sanders is real trustworthy. Don't pretend that you would have voted for trump and this "news" somehow changed your mind.

So trump taking money is worse than a mumble mouth con artist who bailed out the federal reserve?

Do socialists pay attention to any bills or just blindly vote for what's trendy?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join