It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tow Truck Driver Leaves Victim on Side of Road Because "Religion"?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

What I find rediculous is that he says if he knew about her disabilities he would still not tow her but would have waited with her until another driver arrived! Seriously!!! Why not just tow her and be done with it, instead of waiting 2 1/2 hours with her?

He's a d.ck and now he is back peddling from a mornic position and is too arrogant to admit he was a d.ck.

He has every right to tow who he wants that doesn't remove his right to be a d.ck though !!!!

People like that end up being a d.ck at times when it backfires on them. The day will come.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Maybe people should shut the hell up and do the jobs they're paid to do. Maybe they shouldn't take jobs where they might have to interact with others outside their religious views. I mean, their church can find them appropriate work, and help take care of the famfam, right? I mean, they don't want their sensibilities offended.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
What makes me laugh is the fact Americans think Jesus would have been a Republican voting, gun totting , war loving, poor heating , judgemental hate monger when in fact every written about him says the opposite.

He was a pacifist who accepted all and disavowed all worldly government!

He would spit on Republicand and Democrats.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think all you godless heathens need to shut up. Like it or not, this is a Christian nation, and Christians are the majority. We have Gawd on our side. Get over it!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
I think all you godless heathens need to shut up. Like it or not, this is a Christian nation, and Christians are the majority. We have Gawd on our side. Get over it!

HAHAHA

I think I think the US goverment would be top of Gods hit list!

Sure they might not be as bad as some nations. But the fact they invoke his same and claim they are doing gods and jesus will when they 100% are not.....well I would not want to awnser him for that......

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
If it's his truck and his business, oh well. His loss.

But that isn't good enough for the left. To them...he can not be allowed to express his opinion or decide how to act upon his beliefs. He must be made to pay or maybe be imprisoned. Definitely should lose his business. Fine him a few hundred thousand dollars and force him to conform.

Yeah...that is our society today. The left have the right so pissed off that they would make decisions like this, expressing their free speech while risking their business. But it is their right. But lets not forget the other side of this. Leftist supporters disrupting rallies by the right running for President. The left leaning teacher calling for "muscle" to remove a reporter at that school. The liberal news stations attacking the right's actions while ignoring the left's crimes.

If anything...the left takes these actions at a government or global level while the right is attacked about a two truck driver or a baker. A bit unbalanced don't you think?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
wonder if it was god that told the guy that the disable lady hadn't just bought the car and the bumper sticker was already put on??

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is f-ing mental! Seriously.

Has political extremism in the US really become so damn petty that people think it's perfectly fine to refuse service to people who vote differently to them?

I can guarantee that everyone in this thread cheering him on would suddenly change their minds and be screaming "freedom of opinion!" if the roles were reversed.

And they have the audacity to complain about other people being "special snowflakes".

This might be a good thing though, this story once again highlights how petty, ignorant and selfish many Conservatives are.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
To them...he can not be allowed to express his opinion or decide how to act upon his beliefs.

Once again, how can you not see the utter hypocrisy on your own words?

How is it an attack on his freedom of opinion, but not at all an attack on hers? Serving her would do nothing to him, nothing at all, refusing to serve her is more damaging to everyone involved in this ridiculous situation.

Seriously, the man needs to grow the f up and stop being such a ridiculous child.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
To them...he can not be allowed to express his opinion or decide how to act upon his beliefs.

Once again, how can you not see the utter hypocrisy on your own words?

How is it an attack on his freedom of opinion, but not at all an attack on hers? Serving her would do nothing to him, nothing at all, refusing to serve her is more damaging to everyone involved in this ridiculous situation.

Seriously, the man needs to grow the f up and stop being such a ridiculous child.

But Jeebus told him to not do business!!!!!!!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

While I agree it is stupid on his part, I support his right to decide he doesn't want to associate with another person for any reason. No person should ever be forced to do something they don't feel comfortable doing. This is an example of that. So was the baker who didn't want to make a gay wedding cake. So is the employee who decides not to take a job because he dislikes the boss or the boss refuse a job to an applicant because they don't like the applicant.

I also agree that he caused a problem. In a perfect world, he wouldn't have been called if it was known he would refuse service. Maybe the calling company (AAA?) should have a rule that you can't work for AAA if you refuse service to anyone.

But in the end...I fully support any individuals to decide not to do business with another person for any reason...race, sex, gender, criminals, etc. If they are stupid enough to do so...then they can watch their business die.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

Don't you see yours? If the guy in the car hadn't decided to voice his views to others...this tow truck driver wouldn't have voiced his. It goes both ways. Your position is this...the driver has the right to express any opinion about anything, but the tow truck drive has no right to express his view about anything. THAT is what you are saying.

In general...if everyone would keep their opinions, views and beliefs to themselves we wouldn't have as many of these problems. You even see this with "prejudice" against gays. No one can be prejudice against you if you didn't inform them of your personal situation.

Maybe we should all just shut up.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

The left leaning teacher calling for "muscle" to remove a reporter at that school.

curious as to the story behind that one..

as far as protesting at political rally's, if one enters the political arena, I don't think it's that far fetched to expect something like that happening, as long as everyone's peaceful??

The liberal news stations attacking the right's actions while ignoring the left's crimes.

as opposed the right news station manufacturing all these crimes??

this little lady probably wasn't connected to any news station left or right, quite possibly never went to any political rallies, and it's even possible that she wasn't even the one who put the bumper sticker on her car.
but even if she had, so what??? it's her car and she can basically put whatever of decoration on it as she likes with just a few restrictions.. and none of those restrictions says anything about only republicans having the right to put stupid bumper stickers on their cars!
if it was your mother, your daughter, or your wife in that car, would you appreciate them being denied a assistance by someone who was enlisted by the police to assist them like this?

I love that he mentions the waffle house in this story, when I was going to church, that was our favorite meeting place after services. too bad a few of the waitresses at these waffle houses wouldn't be brave enough to to tell a few customers on sunday morning sorry, but I just can't serve religious bigots, I'm drawing a line in the sand!!!

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

But now, Shupe Max Towing's business is going to suffer. They'll probably only get repos and parking violations, you know, if they don't lose their state/city contracts after this.

One thing I find interesting is I can't seem to find Shupe Max Towing in Traveler's Rest SC anywhere. Neither Yelp or Google Maps shows it.

Wag the Dog possibly?

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Here you go...Liberal teacher tries to throw out reporter and calls for "muscle". She lost her job in the end.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

I don't see any difference between this guy and the many corporations boycotting NC for its bathroom law.

Actually, there might be a difference... I'm not sure this tow truck driver was incorporated and benefitting from the public benefits afforded them by their incorporation; as opposed to those government created and entitled entities known as corporations who are flexing their privilege against an entire state and its people... aka corporate bullying.

But, obviously, many people like that kind of bullying when it suits their purposes.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

so, we should ban all bumper stickers????
even the little fishie ones with the "Jesus Saves" on them?
maybe we should all just sew our mouths shut, lest we offend someone!

that danged bumper sticker or sign or whatever was in no way hurting the tow truck driver! it wasn't like it was going to jump out of the car and bite him!!!
but denying her assistance, well, that was endangering her. ya she had air conditioning in the car, but did she have enough gas to run the car for hours waiting for someone else? what if she had gotten tired or waiting and decided to try to walk to the next exit, stumbled and fell, broke a few bones and laid in a ditch on the side of the road for a few days?
no, the message she was giving out was quite simple, hey, I am a bernie supporter!! big fricking deal! I am still seeing bumper stickers from several elections ago! That's is all, no more, no less.. I choose to support bernie! wow, in some countries, a person might get executed for such a bumper sticker... in the US, they might only get left at the side of the road for fate to deliver whatever it decides!

what was his message..
oh, you support a leftist agenda, so I won't serve you...TILL YOU CHANGE YOUR VIEWS AND SUPPORT MINE! now sit on the side of the road and think about the error of your ways for a few hours.

who's trying to take who's freedoms away in this???

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

On the rest of your post. I'm 51 years old. I grew up with a simple understanding of life that you are allowed to be who you want to be, but you have to accept responsibility for that. I also grew up understanding that what is OK for me has to be OK for you. Equality, fairness and responsibility. Many don't know or understand those words today.

I had long hair in my teens, smoked pot, etc. I presented the appearance of a hard rock guitarist (which I was) that gets high. I didn't cry or complain when others then took that persona I presented and decided they didn't want to associate with me. I probably didn't want to associate with them either. I didn't file lawsuits nor demand acceptance of my unique personal choices.

Today people are different. They want everything and accept responsibility for nothing. This is such a case and I'll play this using some simple logic. When a problem arises between two people (lets say a fight), while both were wrong, it is typically the one that threw the first punch that is considered at fault. In this case, each person did something that ticked off the other person...right or wrong. The driver was ticked off that the two truck driver refused to help. The two truck driver was ticked off about the bumper sticker. Who threw the first punch? The driver with the bumper sticker.

While you will likely chose the side you like and support them blindly...it isn't the fact. If the driver didn't have the bumper sticker, the whole situation wouldn't have happened. Because they decided to place that sticker, they caused the situation to occur. Therefore...their fault

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

He's probably a Trump supporter.

posted on May, 5 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If a Tow truck driver leaves my lady stranded because of his religious arrogance. I would take some personal responsibility and give him a reason to pray....for healing a busted jaw. Religious revelations, sometimes come with a painful message.

Romans 13:4 For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.

edit on 5-5-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join