It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day of Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I'm proposing a new holiday that I'd like to see go viral and become a worldwide event. I'm calling it "The Day of Life".... where for just 24 hours, no one kills anything. Nothing. Not a bug. Not a chicken. Not a cow. Not a tree. Not each other. Nothing. Nothing at all.

What do you say ATS? Wouldn't that be nice?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

What about hungry people whose only option would be to kill something and eat it, as is natural, or starve for a day?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You would have to kill time as your day of life passes, no?

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Atsbhct

What about hungry people whose only option would be to kill something and eat it, as is natural, or starve for a day?

Lol it's a holiday, not a mandate.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I'm just making a point. You said "worldwide event", but the whole world doesn't have the luxury of celebrating proposed holidays like this.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I know a few people that would kill brain cells just wrapping their heads around this idea.

It just won't work.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I don't know how we're going to get the carnivorous animals to join in on this one.

It would also be an amusing stat to record how many people were killed by animals on such a day.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
its a great idea. like 'earth day' or 'arbor day'. a day where you officially recognize our respect for all life amongst our vegetable and animal friends on this planet.

not because no one will kill anything (come on people....quit being so concrete in your thinking), but because memorializing what is important to us just makes sense.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The thing is, your idea sort of suggests that all killing is bad and I'm not sure I can agree with that. Some ranchers I know take excellent care of their animals and also, because it is their business, kill them. By having a holiday where killing is viewed as a negative thing, we'd be ignoring the reality that animals and insects and plants and trees die for us every day and we wouldn't be able to function if they didn't. Well, I guess we could all become vegans, but I don't think that's gong to happen.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   
i,m not sure stopping the 2nd admendment for a day is ever going to work,means they aren,t allowed to shoot anything,its like telling a herion addict they should stop robbing the people of society for the day just for their hit,never going to happen.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Please pick a day in high summer because when it's wet like this, the ants tend to come inside and I will stomp on the little buggers before I re-apply the repellent.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Honestly, when I read the title "The Day of Life" I thought you were referring to the first day of life, which is quite a disputed topic. Thought it meant day of making life; and that could be fun.

posted on May, 3 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Your idea has some merit and it made me think. I wonder if you'd get more people willing to participate if you suggested a day where no-one gratuitously kills anyone else?

A day where people were encouraged to stop and think that the creature they were about to stomp on valued its life as much as they valued theirs.

That probably everyone (whatever species) would like at least one more day to enjoy the sunshine or whatever mattered to them in their lives.

Hopefully the idea would take root and people could hold themselves back for more than just a day

new topics

top topics

join