It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The End of The Republic Has Never Looked Better..."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Did anyone else catch when Obama said thihs at the beginning of his final commencement speech? "The end of the Republic has never looked better......" Well, I did and as a conspiracy minded individual this comment sent my head spinning. End of the Republic? Is this some sort of coded statement to someone off camera? Were we being told about the end of the USA? What says ATS?

THE END OF THE REPUBLIC HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER? 0:33

edit on 1-5-2016 by lostbook because: word add

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Yeah, I noticed it. Although it wasn't the joke itself is that interesting. Perhaps unless you want to think it was an inside tip or code or whatever.

What I found interesting is that the word Republic was used. Because they never call it a republic usually. They always refer to it as a Democracy. Or American Democracy. Even though it should be Republic. I did find that interesting.

I also want to know what was said at the start which is cut off a little.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It seems like a joke that was really not a joke. Real intent hidden by humor. Check out his facial expression right after he says it. Seems incongruent with a joke maybe. Like you can see the conclusion to that thought in his head played out in the corners of the mouth.

Or its just a joke but it was a little weird. Even as just a joke, its a weird thing to say.
edit on 1-5-2016 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

he is in fact making a joke that the USA will collapse after he leaves office, that this is the end of the republic, of the usa, he thought it was a funny thing to say, as did the shills in the audience that laughed along with.

horrible sense of humor, to laugh at such an idea as that.
horrible narcissistic, to view yourself as the last hope of a nation. especially considering 8 years of failure,

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Coded statement to someone off camera? Everyone in that room is in on it. It's the typical blatant waving of the NWO in our face. Subtle but obvious to those who pay attention. Great catch Bookman!

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Good snag and bumped for content.
A cruel little joke for sure. It was a subtle faux pas, even
as only a small percentage of the US pop knows the differ-
ence between the two forms.
As the republic slips away, it was always because the
population wanted its will honored rather than law.
Al populations have historically paid the price-- and so
are we.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Well at least he is consistent.

One of the most arrogant people in politics and that is saying something. It is amazing how these clowns are all narcissistic sociopaths and we keep on electing them.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
That was supposed to be funny???
Don't quit your day job. Whatever that is.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Well at least he is consistent.

One of the most arrogant people in politics and that is saying something. It is amazing how these clowns are all narcissistic sociopaths and we keep on electing them.

I think he's also talking about the next POTUS about to happen. Not himself. His attitude toward Trump is made pretty clear. I also don't think he has a great opinion of Clinton though either. Nobody seemed to like her name being mentioned during that speech.

You know that she didn't even show up for it right?? Sanders is the only one who did.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

He's definitely referring to himself. He's mocking every mid to right winger out there who says how horrible he has been as a president. The extremists say regularly he's ruined America, whereas he thinks everything he says & does is a godsend.

Metallicus is right on the money, he's always been extremely cocky has a mighty high opinion of himself.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:39 PM
link   

These scumbags have the audacity to sit and mock every last one of us with their totalitarian take over of this country.

Obama has never been anything more than a useful puppet like every other president.

Slow and insidious just the way the fabians want it.

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I think Obama meant, "The end of the REPUBLICANS has never looked better". He knows that Donald will beat Hillary, and then proceed to transform the Republican party. The President probably had a few drinks under his belt by the time he said that.
-cwm

posted on May, 1 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SmurfRider

That's the most likely meaning. But that's just a joke though.

There isn't much more to read out of that interpretation other than sarcasm and joking about the Right and their Conspiracy Theories.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I dont think that line was overly important, compared to some of the lines GWB used to drop, it just seemed like a play on words.

however, his final act of dropping the mic with his finger son his lips.. now thats something to ponder

it almost looks to me like its a statement that.. he's not in control of whats being said .. his lips are sealed shut and he doesnt have the mic, but words are still coming out.
edit on 2/5/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Did anyone else catch when Obama said thihs at the beginning of his final commencement speech? "The end of the Republic has never looked better......" Well, I did and as a conspiracy minded individual this comment sent my head spinning. End of the Republic? Is this some sort of coded statement to someone off camera? Were we being told about the end of the USA? What says ATS?

THE END OF THE REPUBLIC HAS NEVER LOOKED BETTER? 0:33

perhaps a short version of the vid showing the good bit would be good

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: pryingopen3rdeye

he is in fact making a joke that the USA will collapse after he leaves office, that this is the end of the republic, of the usa, he thought it was a funny thing to say, as did the shills in the audience that laughed along with.

horrible sense of humor, to laugh at such an idea as that.
horrible narcissistic, to view yourself as the last hope of a nation. especially considering 8 years of failure,

This completely follows his arrogance and even insolence the way he seems to regard himself per his usual manner. Seeing and hearing him though is still a bit rattling that someone, even anyone, could be this childish and delusional with themselves, but then most in congress and the senate all seem to share similar traits which could explain why everything as a whole has failed the last 8 years (and prior) but the last 8 years have been a real free-for-all of failing and nothing but harm being done to everyone and everything as far as who's been running America into the ground for us all.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue
I mean...it's the first half a minute, but sure.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

It was a joke at the White House correspondents dinner. Lighten up.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

No thats just something a lot of comedians do when they finish a show, some musicians and singers do it too. He was just channeling that.

BUT, I do feel like some of his remarks were more of ominous veiled warnings on what is to come hiding in humor. He said some funny # though I wont lie. Some of my favorites include him ripping Ted Cruz for his ignorance of sports terminology, and he goes "oh but im the foreign one?" or when he said "thank you comrade" to Sanders LOL. He also burned a journalist when he said "congratulations on leaving journalism to join CNN" oh man. His writers were good I will have to admit that.

I don't care for the man's policies, but he was able to deliver some good stand up in my opinion.

posted on May, 2 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The End of The Republic Has Never Looked Better...

This from the proclaimed messiah (no , I am not going to capitalize it) put in place to do that very thing. Is there any one else in the US that could make that claim ?

<<   2  3 >>

join