It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most important Chart about the American Economy you'll see this year.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Not a real big fan of The Daily KOS however they do post some excellent pieces.

www.dailykos.com...

Here's the chart.

This chart shows the distribution of Income during past economic expansions.

A couple of points to note:

What was it that happened in 1980 to change the trend so dramatically (the trend was narrowing prior to 1980). The rise of Voodou Economics as preached by Milton Friedman and the election of Ronnie Raygun by the Christian Right (largely southern democrats).

I'd say too shows a decided 'learning curve' by the osteniously weathly on just how to extract wealth from working people.

This chart misrepresents the true extent of the redistribution of Income (not wealth per se) as it divides the populist at the 50th percentile.

There is another article on The Daily KOS today that poled the 1% about issues of general concern. They state that most poles denote anyone making over $150K - $250 as being wealthy which is clearly not the case. This particular pole moves that bar to $1M a year or more a more realistic level.

www.dailykos.com...

Now that's an interesting pole.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Looks like Obama really failed to fundamentally transform America doesn't it

Obama "Fundamentally Transforming the United States of America"

now people need all the spare change they can get their hands on !!

edit on Apr-30-2016 by xuenchen because: bust outs

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
You can see just how bad Reagan screwed us over during his presidency. Yeah, things were good for a little while but look what it has led to. I think Reagan is one of the worst presidents we've had in hindsight, he really ended up screwing my generation over big time.
edit on 4/30/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

If you want to blame it on Democrats then go for it but you're only playing into the bipartisan rhetoric the media has conditioned us into believing in order to divide us and keep us fighting amongst ourselves.

It's both parties and Reagan's presidency royally screwed our country over turning it into a capitalistic oligarchy with the policies he helped to put in place.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   

This is hardly an Obama problem. It doesn't matter who wins the elections the results are the rich getting more and the average person losing. It's a sad state of affairs and it's happening because people have allowed this to happen.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Democrats passed the bills.

A Democrat Senate was even in on some of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

So does this mean the Republican majority house has been to blame for Obama's shortcomings? Or have you set up a double standard for Republicans?

Reagan and his House of Representatives screwed us over, BOTH parties did, but Reagan was president when it happened.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Obama's shortcomings are Obama's fault 100%

Especially in the OP chart.

Obama is not a compromising statesman.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So it goes to reason that the income inequality that started with the Reagan administration is 100% Reagan's fault, right? If not, that's called a double standard.

News flash, both parties are bought and owned by the corporations, of course they would work together to make the rich even richer during Reagan's presidency.

The trend toward negative in Obama's administration was only following the curve that Reagan started.
edit on 4/30/2016 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

No.

It's the fault of Democrats in the Reagan era.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I really need to do some research" I look at this chart and see a constant steady incline/decline from the very beginning! I am not going to scream Reagan and Obama bs, since there was obviously something that effected this change before 1949! I, now, want to see earlier. I am betting on a bias that it was not necessarily politics and war, but fed reserve and banking as the seed!

Edit add: the only uptick shows that Reagan and Bush Sr. Obviously did something good, but then it really went down hill from there. Honestly this surprises me! I am allowing every president a 2 year reprieve in getting theirselves ability to have an effect against former administrations. That is why I am confused at many posts on here.
edit on 4 30 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

edit on 4 30 2016 by CynConcepts because: Just needed to make my last edit more clear.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

But it's not the fault of the Republicans in the Obama era.

Thank you for showing your bipartisan bias.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Welcome to the new normal!

Maybe all the status quo lovers will finally figure it out when they are eating cat food in their fridge box off the highway. People with a lot of money and a lot of power are doing everything they can so that they can have EVERYTHING and you have NOTHING. That is their goal, and they are succeeding. Thanks to all those dummies who think our economic issues are due to poor people, or mexicans, or social programs. It isn't. Our economic issue is due to the fact that we don't have an economy, we have a feudal system disguised as a capitalist economy.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

But it's not the fault of the Republicans in the Obama era.

Thank you for showing your bipartisan bias.

It very well may not be their fault.

Remember the master of stagnation and master of "No" is Obama.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Reagan alone isn't to blame, Carter definitely had a role here so if you want to pinpoint a cause I think you need to look at something common to Reagan and Carter. Remember that Reagan didn't take office until 1980 and economic changes are rarely reflected quickly. The changes to income that happened in 1980 would have had their causes rooted several years earlier. This is further reflected by Reagans biggest economic policy which was changing how CPI was computed, that didn't go into effect until 1982 so the changes of 1980 can hardly be linked to him.

My theory is that what caused problems for everyone was the runaway inflation we had and continue to have until this day. This is also what Reagan mainly "fixed" by recomputing CPI. All that did was hide the inflation, it's still there but it does explain why things are continuing to get worse, CPI is off by a couple percent every year and that continues to throw wages out of whack.

This inflation seems to be a problem that no one knows how to fix within the constraints of current economic dogma.
edit on 30-4-2016 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
And this is why the younger generation has no faith in capitalism. Barely regulated it is like playing the board game monopoly and it ends the same way.

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

"Ya, let's do a hit piece on the greatest President in US history and not mention worst President in US history"

Am I doing this right?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
That is what I am seeing in the chart provided. Something drastic occurred in and around 1977-78 and in 1998-1999. These seem to be the most current points that reflect some action that spirals the gauging. Any ideas?

posted on Apr, 30 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Always the democrats fault. Never the republitards who are owned by big business too.

<<   2  3 >>

join