It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April 2016 Mandela effect list of memories vs reality

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

The thing with the "Berenstain Bears", is that there are many people who were adults when they first 'had contact' with the books and yet remember the spelling as -

- Berenstein (ei), which is what I remember, and I was in my mid-20's before I had ever heard of the books.

Also, there's a specific reason I remember that spelling so distinctly:

I grew up with a last name spelled with "ei" and people always got the pronunciation wrong -
- so once I became 'acquainted' with those books (with my first childcare job), I would always find myself wondering if the authors pronounced their name Beren'steen' (long 'e') or Beren'stine' (long 'i')...

It is when someone has a memory of one of these 'Mandela effect' things where there's a specific 'context' to the memory, that it seems least likely to simply be a mistake in remembering..

In the 'context' of my memory the 'real' spelling "Berenstain" just doesn't make sense....

edit on 28-4-2016 by lostgirl because: spelling

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greggers
I chalk the entire phenomenon of the Mandela effect up to faulty memory. However, you do realize there is no way to prove or disprove whether the Prince album used to be "celebrate" prior to some proposed time shift, right?

Haha of course! I'm sharing anecdotal personal experience and opinion of course, same as all that anybody in this thread can.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: ScubaGirl

ETA: Can someone please explain why it's called Mandela Effect? Did he 'die' multiple times before the "real one", is that why?

This phenomenon has been named the Mandela Effect, and is used to describe when people remember important events falsely. How did it get its name? Apparently, a substantial population thinks that Nelson Mandela passed away in prison in the 1970s, a fact that is patently untrue; the first black president of South Africa actually died in 2013, surrounded by his family.

www.ondeck.com...

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Jiffy is popcorn.

Jiffy pop Jiffy pop
The magic treat
As much fun to make
As it is to eat.
Came in its own stove top popper. The foil rose up as the kernels popped.

Jif is peanut butter chosen by choosey moms.
Choosey moms choose Jif.

And Jiffy Pop was best when it was made on an electric stovetop because the heat was distributed more evenly, for maximum number of kernal explosions, but over a fire was more fun.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

wow, I found this video on Berenst(e)ain bears conspiracy and an ATS thread is even used as one of the pictures (talking about AU and New Zealand being at the wrong places on the map) - check it out! ATS thread screenshot is around 3:30

thread to the AU/NZ Wrong Place on Map topic: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 28-4-2016 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
It was definitely "Sex and the City" .. Long time fan and watched every single episode

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Jif has always been Jif, "Jiffy" you may have got from "Jiffy Lube", the auto center?

There is an actual brand called " "Jiffy" ". It is a baking mix pretty much like "Bisquick", I believe. I just made some Jiffy cornbread today. It's good.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lostgirl

So, are the Berenst#in Bears still popular to today's children?

If so, i think it would be interesting to ask children of today how they think it's spelled. They would be seeing "Berenstain", so I wonder if they would spell it "Berenstein", like so many adults do.

Although, it'd have to be children who haven't heard people talking about the spelling conspiracy. Also, many children probably don't know how to spell it, but rather know the way it sounds however the people reading it to them says it.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I remember Bob Barker passing away from cancer (about 6 yrs ago?), but is alive at 92.

Some claim Ernest Borgnine passed away but is reported alive now. Wiki says he died in 2012 Wiki

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yes, Ernest Borgnine.

Many celebrities, they just won't stay dead.

Was it "Nobody does it like Sara Lee"

Nope, "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee"

Depends Undergarments?

Nope, Depend.

Luke, I am your Father...

NOPE!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Well up untill I opened this thread since school I have been safe in the knowledge there are 52 US states. So thanks for screwing my head completely. I'm going to bed.

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Signals
Yes, Ernest Borgnine.

Many celebrities, they just won't stay dead.

Was it "Nobody does it like Sara Lee"

Nope, "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee"

Depends Undergarments?

Nope, Depend.

Luke, I am your Father...

NOPE!

I remember "Nobody doesn't like Sara Lee"

I always knew it, from the tv commercials, as "depends"

and I remember the Billy Graham funeral televised, and Tammy Fae's spider eyelashes running mascara

I remember Prince song as "celebrate" and "afterlife" (I was an avid Prince fan at age 16 and knew every word)

I remember "Luke, I am your father"

I remember Bernstein... I loved these books as a child and read them to my children.

I remember Mickey Rooney dying once before, before 2014.

I remember Ernest Borgnine dying before, before 2012.

But the Tiananmen Square man, I remember not being run over, as many do (gross scene of being run over). I remember the media making a big deal as to what 1 man could do against an army of tanks.

Please watch this guy's geographical anamolies video. Things are off 33 degrees... and when he corrects it, it is what I remember learning in school geography. Not just one thing... but all of it!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I recall as it always having been Sex AND the City.I didn't watch the series but i remember that it was "And the City". And it was "Interview with THE Vampire"

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:31 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:39 AM
link   
When I was a kid there was jiffy peanut butter and also Gif peanut butter.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tinker9917

A lot of geographical anomolies that people remember are due to the difference in how a paper map is drawn and how the world looks on a globe.

Have a look into the Gall–Peters projection map and it may explain a lot.

Wiki link

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

A lot of geographical anomolies that people remember are due to the difference in how a paper map is drawn and how the world looks on a globe.

Wiki link

nope, all the maps changed too. There are none drawn the old correct ways.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: hidingthistime

originally posted by: nonspecific

Wiki link

nope, all the maps changed too. There are none drawn the old correct ways.

You did not even bother to look into it did you...

Keep on denying ignorance there fella.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:14 AM
link   
What's with this current obsession with The Mandela Effect?

Seems to me like its all down to poor education, too much alcohol, (is that possible?) and too many hallucinogenic's etc in the 80's / 90's.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

I have been looking into it for years, and i am a miss, not a fella....

<< 1    3  4 >>

join