It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect Can No Longer Be Denied: Berenstein Was The Tip of The Iceberg

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: TombEscaper
Other than the fact that the OP has the task of trying to keep up with replying to hundreds of posts, what is the "clear" reason to be ignoring your question? Have you spoken to every person under every language on the planet? If not, then your claim that this "only happens to North Americans" is unfounded.

LOL and yours is substantiated?
Let me repeat: the Mandela effects does not happen for Italians and Spanish speakers (that's around a billion people more or less). I haven't just asked people, I have searched online, extensively, just like you probably have in English. I searched for websites, blogs, books and nothing. It doesn't happen. Even in English it seems to be a North American thing, the majority of those who believe in the Mandela effect are from North America.

Also, have you noticed that most of these 'strange' memories are of things learned second hand (through media)... I mean, has anybody who believes in the Mandela effect actually attended his funeral? Or the Billy Graham funeral? Has anybody ever travelled North bound from Australia to New Zealand?

But, what is your intended point with your insistence that this only affects North Americans? Do you mean you believe this is some type of U.S. Government mind control experiment? I certainly wouldn't rule that out, but to limit ourselves to considering only that is foolish.

And the fact that you say what you say in your second point shows that you have selective acceptance of what you are looking at on this subject. Many people have what are called "anchors" for these memories that now do not align with current evidence. For example, a few pages back, one poster has a very specific memory from school of how she knows Eli Whitney was taught in schools as being a black man. And yet now, he is historically recorded as a white man, and there is no "evidence" that he was ever portrayed as a black man. Except through the ME.

I myself remember very clearly, within the last year or so, that I was unsure whether "Gandhi's" name was spelled Gahndi or Ghandi. So I researched it, and have absolute certainty that his name was spelled G-H-A-N-D-I. The h came right after the g. But now, the H has been moved to the end, and is before the I. All spellchecks now reject Ghandi but accept Gandhi. There is now no evidence that "Ghandi" ever existed, but I know for a fact this was the spelling.

There is simply no denying that the spelling of the name of one of the most famous people in the history of the world has been manipulated.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: bitcoinforever

originally posted by: coop039

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: TombEscaper

When i was a kid, 'Snickers' was always called 'Marathon'.

Marathon was NOT a Snickers. Marathon was a long braded caramel coated in chocolate.

I don't know what country you live in but in the UK Marathon absolutely was changed to snickers and was the same type of bar it is now.

Im in the USA.
I just discovered what your saying. I can never remember Snickers being Marathon. But I used to buy Marathon bars all the time.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So , a friend just shared this on fb and I normally would just ' lol' and move on but due to today's discussion here, it has me thinking. We literally do not HAVE to remember anything these days. There are pictures everywhere of everything at all times. I can remember as a kid going to national parks and just relishing my memories of how they looked and how much I wanted to go again. I could recreate the scenery in my head until we visited again a few years later. But now, you don't have to do that. The web will show you a picture of anything at any time and even 100k pictures of everything, not just one. So we not longer have to remember what Aunt Jan looked like because there are 100's of pics of her on her social media and your cousin's and your folks. Someone is taking a picture of Aunt Jan every 12 hrs it seems.

The younger members here may not get what I'm saying because you've grown up in the internet age. Example : 10 yrs ago while watching a movie, if I saw a face that was familiar, I would have to think and think hard and really tug at my memory to say " oh that's the guy from xyz movie ''. Today , the second I see a face that's familiar I just got to imdb to find out what else I saw them in. My memory gets no workout, no stimulation and no reward ! There was a little reward at ' remembering' the face after some 10 minutes or even sometimes 3 days of trying to remember. So currently our memories are not really getting to do much work. Outside of studying information for an exam, we really don't have to try to remember any information or any faces or any landmarks.

Could this be a factor ? Could our memories be so out of shape that we are remembering things all wrong? or partially ? Also, I am finding my memory is impressionable to the other ideas you are putting forward. Re: Prince/ Let's Go Crazy. I remember hearing this song 100s of times a day , as was the way things went in the 80s' with radio. I know for a fact the lyrics are '' get through this thing called life''. But after reading others and watching the video about '' Celebrate'' I start to doubt my own memory. I start to think ,,,,,,, well that does seem a little familiar ! I am chalking that up to hearing that entire phrase on countless movies, shows and in actual weddings and know that after the first line we expect to hear '' Celebrate' and so it may be a trick of our mind. Celebrate should come next but when it does not do we almost think that it did ? I cannot get on board with parallel universes,,,,,,sorry. It just doesn't equate to me.
The meme that got me thinking this is all our fault for not remembering enough things. And if we are all failing at memory, is that by design? If younger folks today were not taking pictures of every single thing they saw all day long, could they remember those things next year with any accuracy ?

scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net... =57A82D04

edit on 29-4-2016 by schmae because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-4-2016 by schmae because: indentation

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yes it was Ghandi

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: coop039

In 1930[5] Mars introduced Snickers, named after the favorite horse of the Mars family.[6] The Snickers chocolate bar consists of nougat, peanuts, and caramel with a chocolate coating. The bar was marketed under the name "Marathon" in the UK and Ireland until 19 July 1990, when Mars decided to align the UK product with the global Snickers name (Mars had marketed and discontinued an unrelated bar named Marathon in the United States during the 1970s). There are also several other Snickers products such as Snickers mini, dark chocolate, ice cream bars, Snickers with almonds, Snickers with hazelnuts, Snickers peanut butter bars and Snickers with Extra Caramel.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   
RE: Snickers. It's been around in the US since 1930. But was sold in UK under the name Marathon until 1990.
In the US we had a bar called Marathon that looked like a braid of hair but was divine . It's not been around in a long time though. So I would have to say Snickers is not a party to this.

Source: wiki

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Sorry to just butt in.. Ive just heard about the Mandela effect by reading this thread.
Wow its interesting i need to look into it more i have not even uncovered the tip of the iceberg.
I was a 80's baby so i was VERY much into all my Disney princess films, I think it was all i watched when i was younger
Snow White was not my Favourite by any means but i watched it a few 100 times maybe lol.

When the queen looks into the mirror she 100% says "Magic Mirror" but i dont remember it at all, its always been "Mirror Mirror" to me.

www.youtube.com...

Magic Mirror???

So.. i remembered a scene in shrek where the wee guy finds the magic mirror and does the usual "Mirror Mirror" routine and..........

www.youtube.com...

Again Magic Mirror!!

But followed by a "Mirror Mirror"

edit on 29-4-2016 by Neekoboo2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

Yes it went from Payless Shoe Store to Payless Shoe Source and it has always been that way since it was founded in 1978 - by Jews of course - then the other week it became Payless ShoeSource.

lol.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: wesleyapril

Yes it went from Payless Shoe Store to Payless Shoe Source and it has always been that way since it was founded in 1978 - by Jews of course - then the other week it became Payless ShoeSource.

lol.

What astounds me is the picture of our local store that I just saw online...with the big sign reading, Payless ShoeSource.

I was near that store a couple of days ago and looked over to see if they had a BOGO (buy one get one) sale going on. The same old sign was still up...so now I'm confused...again...still...
jacy

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Bernstein bear book changed, the bible changed, snow white changed, all of my dvd cases with Charles Schultz's name on it changed. Not just one book.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I was actually talking to an empath on twitter and she remembers him as Ghandi also - two seconds after I replied to her - Gandhi was following me
lol - synchronicity anyone?

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   

And I walked by a Payless Shoe Source store - and now it is one smushed up word - lol.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

There are those of us that remember that Rock of Gilbratar being in the damn sea - so when we were looking at a map and saw it CONNECTED to land we were like wth - even Kanye wrote a song about having to get to the rock via water.

Really? I have been there many times and it's always been on Spain mainland......

Interesting point on Australia New Zeland change - if Australia is known as the Land Down Under - actually it is FALSE advertising - because New Zealand is that now.

I actually always thought that was incorrect, as Chile and Argentina are the real 'Lands down under'..... lol

originally posted by: jacygirl
Hey Agartha, I found this link to a discussion regarding the Mandela Effect, and someone asking if it's only a U.S. phenomena. There are comments from people (different countries) replying that it's not.
In case you're interested:
www.reddit.com...
jacy

I had to sit down quickly wiht a cup of tea to read this. lol
Thanks for that link. I won't consider those who are from English speaking countries or countries that have English as a second language as they have the same influence. I also will not considered the last comment, and Eastern European because he/she was living in the US. So we have:

A Brazilian, a Latvian, a German and a Belgian who agree with the same things you guys talk about here, all things that are part of the American culture. Then we have an Italian who doesn't specify anything at all.

None of them actually talk about stuff that happened only in their countries, only the German added something interesting about a German island. I'll say it again, I was unable to find any local Mandela effects in Hispanic countries and Italy, even in fringe sites (in those 2 languages) and there are lots of them. But I will continue checking even though there's nothing new as I've read them all.. lol

originally posted by: TombEscaper
But, what is your intended point with your insistence that this only affects North Americans? Do you mean you believe this is some type of U.S. Government mind control experiment? I certainly wouldn't rule that out, but to limit ourselves to considering only that is foolish.

And the fact that you say what you say in your second point shows that you have selective acceptance of what you are looking at on this subject. Many people have what are called "anchors" for these memories that now do not align with current evidence. For example, a few pages back, one poster has a very specific memory from school of how she knows Eli Whitney was taught in schools as being a black man. And yet now, he is historically recorded as a white man, and there is no "evidence" that he was ever portrayed as a black man. Except through the ME.

Well yes, perhaps I have selective acceptance but you probably have it too, we just think the opposite on this. My point on the US is the language and pronunciation, that's what I have been saying all the time (for some things, like the bears and Interview with the vampire and Sex and the city, for example). But I'm also curious as to why it happens mostly to Americans, regarding Mandela and geography, for example. I'm always looking out for the Mandela effect in Spanish and Italian, but so far nothing.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

I only skimmed it hun, but after lunch I'm going to research further.
My hubby is Portuguese (Azores) and he has family there. I will facebook message a few of them and ask if they know anything about it.

You've brought up an interesting point...I'm curious to see what I can find.
Will be back later.
jacy

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacygirl
I only skimmed it hun, but after lunch I'm going to research further.
My hubby is Portuguese (Azores) and he has family there. I will facebook message a few of them and ask if they know anything about it.

You've brought up an interesting point...I'm curious to see what I can find.
Will be back later.
jacy

Ah, that's a great idea. Let me know what they say.
Obrigada

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

True! I had a tshirt in 4th grade with that very scene on it. I used to draw it constantly!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

This one just hit me! I remember it as Ghandi. It was always Ghandi....... Now it's Mahatma Gandhi.

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: nostrashawnus

that it ?????????????

ok - a contempory question [ selected because his name at least is free of any political trolling ]

the 42nd president of the united states of america was it :

" bill clinton "

" william clinton "

" william jefferson clinton "

answer that - and your confusion over ghandi`s name contraction is answered too

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

I am extremely good at spelling and grammar, always have been.

This is not to boast but rather to bring up another anomaly.

I was taught that dilemma was spelt dilemna - a Google search will show that other people did, too.

There's no reason for an odd spelling like this to be stuck in our heads, dilema or dilemma make more sense as to how the word is pronounced and how we would assume it's spelt without knowing the spelling.

Good post!

posted on Apr, 29 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Having a thought that maybe this is somehow attributed to the collective consciousness or hive mentality and people are actually creating these Mandela effects.

Like once you notice something or come up with an idea, people all around the world suddenly, seemingly inexplicably have the same thoughts/ideas.

??
edit on 29-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join