It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Cat Harley Just Had Kittens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Our girl cat, Harley, had gotten out a few months back while in heat and got herself preggers.

She'll be fixed after that (and this is what happens when you keep putting it off!).

Anyways, she kept getting bigger and bigger. She's a very small cat, and I was starting to think she was going to explode!

Yesterday, she was very clingy and kept trying to hide in small places, so I knew it would be soon. She finally went into labor late this morning and had 3 kittens:

Here's some pics of two of them:

So glad it was only 3 as I know that many people that have been wanting new cats! So, in a few months, they'll be in some good homes. For now though, we'll keep them healthy and safe.

Oh yah, Harley was so lazy, I had to cut the cords myself on 2 of them! She was just laying there looking at me like: Well? Aren't you going to do something???

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Awwwwww, Too cute

Congratulations Erik

Thanks for sharing the pics!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't know why I was so surprised to see how tiny they are, I mean they're newborn kittens.

But they're so tiny

Congratulations to Harley (and to you).

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Congrats, they are adorable..

You lucked out with only three.

We took 2 kittens from a litter of six. That was sixteen years ago and they're still with us, but only just. We may have to say goodbye to one soon, but her sister who has been blind since she was six, still likes to play like a kitten.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Ahhhh, new kitties ...

And you get to have them around right up until they get to that age where you want to love them as much as yell at them half the time. Then you can pack them off to someone else!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Lol, sounds like the attitude of most spoiled cats I know or have had: "Look, I gave birth to the danged kids, now you cut the danged cord, fool!"

Those are cute, and Harley is pretty adorable too.

edit on 27-4-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh yes, that age where they hide under the bed like cute mini devils and just wait for a set of toes to come into view so they can sink their tiny needle-like teeth and claws into them...

Oh yes, that. lol
edit on 27-4-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

NOOOO ! Way too CUTE !!!!
I could squish'em alive how super cute they are

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yah, it's all fun and games when they is cute and cuddly kittens.....

but then they grow up and do things like this to your curtains:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

LOL
ooops

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I believe the appropriate internet term is, "Squeee!"

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
congratulations, they look gorgeous. We have blackout curtains with little holes through them lol

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I won't even bother to post pictures of what is left of our blinds ...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'm on my way to your place to pick them up!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Congrats!

Also, I have no shame in admitting I'm a bit jealous. I've had dogs and cats hanging around for all of my adult life. I've always daydreamed about having a knocked up animal and watching as it grows it's little ones and how it cares for them after birth and all that.

I'm also not ashamed to say I'd probably cry like a baby when the little one's get big enough and are adopted out.

Best wishes!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Oh Sweet
Congrats to Harley! Cute dear little kittehs
To me the presence of cats is essential.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

To me the presence of cats is essential.

I kinda/sorta share that sentiment.

For some reason when I read your words I immediately thought of my warrior princess cat.

My cats have always been adopted or rescued as kittens and spent their lives indoors. However, two years ago a petite young female cat showed up out of nowhere and started to follow my dog (whom is now in heaven) around the back yard. Strangest damned thing I've ever seen. They were like kindred spirits almost immediately (long story I wont go into).

Anyway, brought the cat to the vet for shots and to get fixed and ever since then she has been "our" cat except she is the only one that is allowed to come and go as she pleases. The thing is, she is my Warrior Princess.

Example 1: Sitting in the back yard last summer, some GIANT wasp or hornet or whatever the hell it was, was harassing the heck out of me (or in other words, scaring the crap out of me). Out of nowhere, baby girl comes FLYING out of NOWHERE and smacks that thing out of the air (and ate it... which was kinda gross but she was looking out for Daddy).

Example 2: When I'm outside, and someone is innocently walking their dog down the street, even if it is a large German Shepherd, as soon as she sees it she puts herself between the dog and me and with her body language basically says, "C'mon. I DARE ya!"

Example 3: Last summer wife, son and I were in the back yard having a bbq. Warrior Princess cat comes walking along, sees us in the yard and comes half way up the driveway. Seeing that we were eating.... she walks off and in LESS THAN 5 minutes... she returns... carrying a dead bird (God rest it's soul) and brings it over to us... as if she was showing up to dinner with desert of a bottle of wine.

Sorry for the thread drift.... Once I gets to talkin' about my cats.....

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I had to laugh when i saw your curtains.I had a perfectly nice pair of lined blue curtains in my diningroom.Had.They have lost the lining,and are almost in tatters.We have 8 cats,of whom 4 are kittens.And the b+w kitty has a mad thing in her head..

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

I enjoyed that story of your warrior cat princess

Yes geez i cannot imagine life without cats.When we first moved to this region,we arrived with 3 dogs and one cat.Oh but one is such a lonely number

Its a case of:Suitcases and boxes off the removal truck-check Utilities on-check.Okay now Cats!
We got a lovely huge b+ w cat from the SPCA the day after we arrived here,and plenty more followed really soon
The most cats we had at one time was 17.Several of my cats had litters around the same time and before the babies were old enough to go to good homes it was hectic

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing--I needed this dose of cuteness after the day I had.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join