It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is a definite chill in the Air.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Usually by April my wife is getting out all her bags of summer clothes and the process of washing the lot and changing over the winter clothes to summer ones is well under way or actually finished.

However this year nothing has happened yet. When I asked she said, "Not likely do I look like a Polar Bear"?

It got me thinking because at my tender age I don't remember ever feeling such a chill in the air this late in spring as I do this year. Yesterday I got caught in a hail storm which covered the ground for a short while and it was amazing. I live by the sea so expect cooler temperatures at times but this year seems to me to be very different.

Does anyone else think the weather has a nasty chill they don't remember from the past for this time of the year? England is not renowned for its weather but this is cold.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Definitely chillier than I remember back in the day ...

www.walesonline.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   
It actually snowed here yesterday.. Very briefly but it did snow.. Wtf is that all about, it's nearly may..

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

This actually reminds me of being three or so years old. It was a cold year, and I enjoyed it. Helping mother carve snow sculptures of elephants in our back garden, going down to the seafront to witness the breakers frozen in place, getting smacked in the face with shards of torpedoing ice, driven by cruel winds.

Delicious.

By comparison, this is tame.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
If I remember rightly it snowed heavily in April (At least where I live, which is not too far from TrueBrit I believe) around 10 years ago. Will never forget it. I had chicken pox at the time so couldn't enjoy it! I had to stand at my window for 2 weeks watching my friends run around outside.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Warmer here in the southen hemisphere for this time of year. Dryer too.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Makes me wonder if we aren't heading for a mini ice age like the time when the Thames froze over and they held markets on it with braziers on the ice. I looked this up in the media but this seems to not be the case as they all say the sun is driving a general heat-up, I just wish it would hurry up.

The other thing that bugs me is that often in the morning we have clear blue skies which then slowly disappear and cloud over. We have started up like this today with cloud coming in from the west and some choice dark grey ones also.
So it will be chilly again.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Is that where all the cold has gone?

We're experiencing the complete opposite here in South Australia. It's Autumn and the last week has seen temps of 27 to 30 degrees with no rain.

Today was a total fire ban day and huge dust storms

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

You Poms made the news here in OZ ...

" Thunder Snow " was the bait ...

How realistic is this hype ?

Wishingvyou all a speedy thaw btw ... 👍

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

And the last November/December 2015 were the hottest that I've ever experienced in this skin suit and I've been wearing it for 50+ years. I didn't have to raise My dose of pain meds. like I've done every other year, in Nov. through Feb. Here in Flori-Duh, the cold weather came way later.. I don't want to detract from Your thread by using words or phrases like "Climate Change" or "GeoEngineering" but take Your own audit..

Could We agree that Mother Earth is getting 'snipped upon' With poisons in the lakes and rivers? All the family farms and ranches in the West getting bought out by conglomerates or folks like the Walton Family; Simplotts using taxpayer $$ to further horde their vast amounts of wealth and not giving 2 squirts who gets sick/broke/both in the process.. Now why would I care what happens to Mom Earth, I'm already 50+ and My single progeny has 'Opted Out' of raising any kids, so no grandkids, why would I care??

Now look at what is going on right now in the Plain States, a storm like no other..

Here: Have some warm thoughts. If'n You get too cold I can make You a great deal on a time-share in Maui. I haven't been over since 07 due to not be able to play Golf anymore.. LMK.

namaste

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Reading this thread, the sub-continent countries, especially the Indian folks must be wondering what did we do wrong that we are facing temperatures 42+ degree Celsius.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Im in California, and wore my jacket most of yesterday. It got up to around 90 a week ago but This year isnt as hot so far. I remember real hot days in august 50 years ago; I remember one day it was 117 F, and many 115F days

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
When we fought the great War of British Oppression (aka our revolution), the great and cherished leader George Washington (praise be his name) sailed a boat on a frozen Delaware River.

I think we have quite a bit colder to get before we reach the lower limit of Earths normal range.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Weatherbell has been pointing out the unusual core of cold air across Europe. You guys are not wrong. It is colder than you would expect.

Doesn't mean it's Armageddon though; it's just an unusual pattern for this time of year.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
we already have record rain fall for this time of year, and its not over, its tornado season. it does seem like things are different/changing

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Last week I got sunburnt, people were sunbathing in their gardens and I couldn't remember an April's day that felt so much like August.

Today it's been snowing.

I'm going back into hibernation

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Nice article, fortunately we have escaped that but here in Dorset its got that real chill feeling in the air. As the article says its the Bank HOliday this weekend no unlikely to be on the beach sadly. I just feel for the little ones and families.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

In 1963 the sea froze out for 1 mile at Herne Bay where my Grandmother lived and I certainly remember the snow ball fights and fun we had then. Its obviously getting older but I don't have any memories of how cold it was then but I expect I moved a lot faster. Your elephants should amazing, we only managed wonky snowmen.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Have family in New Zealand and they seem to be enjoying themselves - as usual.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Yesterday's hail storm was a real doozy and fortunately the balls weren't big but they made up for it in numbers, the little blighters.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join