It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't believe I am as old as I am!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I'm 66. In my mind, the non-physical part of me still feels as lively as ever.

As I live my life, I often find myself suddenly having a big time I can't believe I am so old moment.

Time passes so quickly.

This is similar to the phenomenon of people we love dying. It's hard to believe for a long time.

We believe everything will stay the same forever. We are wrong in this belief.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I'm 58 and often ask myself, "How the hell did that happen???"

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Night Star. I will always see you as young as a morning star.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Awwwww, thanks! They say we are as old as we feel. For me, sometimes that's 5, sometimes it's 90 and everything in between.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Take some free college classes, it will slow time down having to spend time in school. Remember being bored in school, how long the days were?

I'm sixty, feel sort of like I did when I was thirty. Well, maybe quite a bit more clear headed now since I learned how to avoid the doping qualities of foods.

Just claim alzheimer disease and start thinking of yourself as a teenager again. Just remember not to take any of the pills they give you, your not sick, just going back to have a little more fun. I guess having fun over sixty isn't something that the middle aged people think is right since they are all stressed out with their lives.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
§a reply to: droid56

Once 60 is reached time suddenly flies by although I have always felt I was on the fast escalator through life.

But as Night Star so rightly ;pointed out in her great picture I have no idea how to act my age. But I find its not a barrier with other people when I go out with my sons or younger friends because its how your mind works that matters. If you are open and interested in people they usually are with you.

The nicest thing about getting older and retiring is that suddenly you have time you can choose what you do with. It might fly by but I occasionally take a nap when the escalator goes too damn fast.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Hope I feel the same at 66. I'm 58 and occasionaly I feel I just want to sleep in each day as the season gets colder. Tragically I have young ones at high school who have to catch the buses early. (1 hour to school) then off to work myself. So up at 6am making breakfasts and heating up the coffee.

Not whinging or whining because it keeps me alert,

Only complaint - hate cutting the crusts off the daughter's sandwiches.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
If it's any consolation, you are still younger than you'll ever be again.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Well, so far, it looks like I'm the baby at 51, but I know what you mean. In my heart, I never got past 25 and for the life of me, I can't figure out where all that time went. It was just last week that my first son was born, but that can't be right, because he's 27. I feel like I should be able to look in the mirror and see that same guy, but some older person stares back at me every time. He looks like me, just with grey hair.
I think there may be something wrong with my mirror.

I guess I'm lucky. I had 2 more kids and at 15 and 18, they keep me young.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

edit on 27-4-2016 by jacygirl because: sometimes humour should be saved for AFTER coffee has been consumed

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Wow, I am surprised there are this many others around here as old as me. 57 here, 58 this year. Who said once you hit 60 things speed up? Dang, I can't imagine going any faster...

Oh, and I want to add, I have a 6 year old and a 2 year old. They do sort of keep you young, in a way, but also tire you out. These are my fourth and fifth kids, my oldest is 36. And 5 grand kids!

edit on 4/27/2016 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

A 2 year old at 57.

I bow to you. At 45, my 2 year old twin grandsons make me have to take a nap after they go home. And if the time goes by faster as you get even older, a year will feel like a day by the time I'm 50.

So why does my brain still think I'm 25? Cause my body just won't co-operate with that notion.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I wonder how old we really are?? We are aged by man who created a calendar based on Earth's rotation, but is that truly how we age? Just because there is a definition of day/night and a clock with 24 hours on it, is it our true age and what really determines our true age? Is there really 24 hours in a day? Is time different in space? All questionable variables to determine how old we really are.

I am only as old as I want to believe I am. Yes, our bodies breakdown over time, dealing with whatever the Earth makes our bodies endure. Everyone is built differently as well, so does everyone age at the same rate as others? Here again, what is your true age? This has been a thought in my head for a very long time.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Hey, thanks for the reply chiefsmom, I wish I had time to take a nap. As it is I only sleep 5 or 6 hours a night. And yes, the time does go by faster and faster every year. Sometimes it's very depressing, kind of feels like it might just as well all be over with already. But I have so much life I still want to live! So many things to do! Damn, can't wait to retire...

My brain stuck in place at 18 I think. Fortunately my body has been pretty good to me so far, most people are shocked to find out my age. My wife is 23 years my junior and will tell anybody I'm in better shape than her, but she won't exercise either, haha, that's one thing that saves me for sure. That and the diet.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

HA!

An old fart also!

ATS should have a geriatric center and an AARP discount!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm coming up 50 in June - I dont feel old. But I'll be plying it down as just another birthday.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

58 this year and feel the same as I did at 28, apparently I look mid 40's so that's OK ;-). The scary thing is both my Grandads were dead buried mid 50's.....although they both chain smoked capstan full strength !!!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: yorkshirelad

We have a lot in common, I'll be 58 this year also and look 40s too. My boss who's 10 years younger always laughs about that, always telling people I look better than him. Also people in the family dying young. Mom died at 59 of lung cancer and her dad at 69 of the same thing. On the other side though my father's mother lived to 96 I think and smoked till the end. Hope I have those genes.

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Isn't it weird? Of course, when you are young, you hear older people describe this... but I guess I just thought I would feel my age by then.
Nope. I have to keep reminding myself I am old. If I am not near mirrors, I forget. I have a different image in my mind. There's so many moments I find myself ready to make choices that are not appropriate for my age. I almost dyed my hair purple... until I remembered, I will just look like another old lady that got carried away with the toner for her white hair.

I keep starting new hobbies, forgetting that I probably don't have the time to get good at them! The latest is the drums, which is just starting to feel good, but I am sure my body will give up on me before I can play decently.

I often find myself thinking (and realizing, in the same moment how superficial I actually am) that if something happened to my husband, I would probably be alone for the rest of my life. It is somehow poignant to realize you are at that point where things like romance or love would not be possible anymore.

I think that is also the only moment I actually feel the years though, because it is also the first time I can imagine that and feel I coud handle it. (with a sigh, all the same) When I was younger, it was something that would really upset me badly.

My mother died when she was 42, so I never saw her get to the age I am now. I am older than she ever was. Somehow that makes it harder for me to identify with it. I'm 48, which I guess isn't that old in some minds, but my hair turned 100% gray in the last two years, which ages me terribly, and I have two grandchildren.
edit on 27-4-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm 61 and feel the years are zooming past so quickly now, I have no idea where they went. My body is beginning to slow down a bit, very frustrating. Dad is 92 so hope I have his genes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join