It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just In - Cruz, Kasich Campaigns Announce Collaboration To Deny Trump Delegates...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The last gasps of dying campaigns or?? In a new twist we see another play to keep Trump from getting the nomination. Will this help Cruz and Kasich or hurt them? Will this just lead to more folks voting for Trump because they are tired of the games?

The presidential campaigns of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Ohio Gov. John Kasich announced late Sunday that they were coordinating their efforts in three upcoming primary states in an effort to prevent Republican front-runner Donald Trump from clinching the GOP nomination before this summer's convention.

In a pair of simultaneously released statements, the campaigns announced that Kasich would pull out of Indiana ahead of that state's winner-take-all primary May 3, while the Cruz campaign will do the same in Oregon, which votes May 17, and New Mexico, which votes June 7.

"Having Donald Trump at the top of the ticket in November would be a sure disaster for Republicans," Cruz's campaign manager, Jeff Roe, said in a statement. "To ensure that we nominate a Republican who can unify the Republican Party and win in November, our campaign will focus its time and resources in Indiana and in turn clear the path for Gov. Kasich to compete in Oregon and New Mexico, and we would hope that allies of both campaigns would follow our lead."

Who is going to be each other's VP??

While five states go to the polls on April 26 with some 172 Republican delegates at stake, both Cruz and Kasich's campaigns view Indiana's winner-take-all contest on May 3 as the critical turning point for thwarting Trump's rise to the nomination.
"Keeping Trump from winning a plurality in Indiana is critical to keeping him under 1,237 bound delegates before Cleveland," Kasich's campaign said Sunday. "We are very comfortable with our delegate position in Indiana already, and given the current dynamics of the primary there, we will shift our campaign's resources west and give the Cruz campaign a clear path in Indiana."

Indiana will award 57 delegates to the winner of its primary. Oregon and New Mexico have 28 and 24 proportionally awarded delegates at stake, respectively.

I realize that it's not illegal to do this and that it falls within the rules, but does that make it right? And will they succeed at what they are trying to do?

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 4/24/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I keep saying to myself " just because something is legal doesn't make it ethtcal.

Saw an article earlier today where Kasich said he is staying in because he has friends on the rules committee. Will try to find it.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
How many different levels of rigging are involved with a US presidential election?

I'm keeping count. With the original post of this thread and the contents of the following threads:

Trump staffers face threat of blacklist

Maine Gov.: Cruz's national campaign is run by hoooligans, betrayed the people of Maine

PredictIt: 73% chance of a GOP brokered convention, Rubio is the key figure

I'm starting to think anyone who's not an insider is crazy to take a serious shot at running for president unless they're doing it with ulterior motives such as...a joke?

The Illuminati: The Donald Trump Presidential Conspiracy

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-4-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Yeah, I heard that today.

I think it will fail.

We will see what a head to head will bring % wise.

Trump will clean up on the east coast tho.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
FAIL!!!!

With people already up in arms about the fix being in, this could be all Trump needs to clinch the nomination through delegates. (whether the GOP gives it to him regardless is yet to be seen)

The people of Indiana (outside of the few large cities) are mid-western, gun-toting , religious, pro-America,anti-immigration,anti- Muslim, anti-Mexico, right wing die-hards.

You can't drive 10 feet without seeing a billboard with a pro-life message or a picture of Jesus.

They LOVE Trump's message.

Cruz will have to turn up his religious rhetoric to 11 and hope Indiana forgets he was actually born in Canada, just to make a dent.

SPOILER ALERT: They won't.

edit on 24-4-2016 by abe froman because: Eh

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: liveandlearn

I keep saying to myself " just because something is legal doesn't make it ethtcal.

Saw an article earlier today where Kasich said he is staying in because he has friends on the rules committee. Will try to find it.

Your first sentence is spot on. That's my thought on it as well. Just because folks can do something, it doesn't mean that they always should.

I saw that article and my respect for Kasich dropped even further. He and Cruz both seem to not care at all what the will of the people are and that's a shame.

a reply to: Profusion

I am thinking you are right? At this point it seems impossible for an outsider to run successfully. We saw it with Perot, Ron Paul, and now with Trump. Lesson learned.

Thanks for the links as well.

edit on 4/24/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

I guess this also means Kasich has been promised the VP slot.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

I guess this also means Kasich has been promised the VP slot.

That was my thought too.

I really hope this backfires on them badly. I think they are thinking the people are going to forget what they've done to try and get into the WH. I am also thinking that they are dead wrong in that assumption.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:35 PM
link   

"Having Donald Trump at the top of the ticket in November would be a sure disaster for Republicans," Cruz's campaign manager, Jeff Roe, said in a statement
So this means that Cruz who has always said he would support the nominee will support a disaster? No wonder nobody wants him.

edit on 30America/ChicagoSun, 24 Apr 2016 23:35:45 -0500Sun, 24 Apr 2016 23:35:45 -050016042016-04-24T23:35:45-05:001100000035 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   

So glad someone else saw that.

Seems I don't know how to copy paste on my tablet.

It is on realclearpolitics.com. he is sayining he has friends on the rules committee but the committee hasn't been chosen yet. Think he is messin g up big time. Inside info?

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This is so funny..the republicans think they even have a chance at the presidency..

It does not matter who they nominate, all polls show another dem in office.

Those are a little more accurate than, "well I know these people and they say...".

Maybe that Kasich would give a good fight but Trump or Cruz guarantee a blow out for the dems.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I think Hillary vs. Trump is the "Wrestlemania" show that the TPTB want us to watch this year.

I don't think even the WWF had the balls to have two bad guys fight each other for the title though.

Get some popcorn.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This excuse they keep using that they have a better chance against Clinton than Trump is starting to sound childish.

They need to grow up and take the loss on the chin like proper gentelemen and let Trump run against hiklary .

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: liveandlearn

Your first sentence is spot on. That's my thought on it as well. Just because folks can do something, it doesn't mean that they always should.

I saw that article and my respect for Kasich dropped even further. He and Cruz both seem to not care at all what the will of the people are and that's a shame.

a reply to: Profusion

I am thinking you are right? At this point it seems impossible for an outsider to run successfully. We saw it with Perot, Ron Paul, and now with Trump. Lesson learned.

Thanks for the links as well.

They are selling it as "for the good of the party and all that's holy"

They can beat hillary but have to join forces to beat Trump. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK!

I watched Kasich and Cruz on Fox's town hall this morning. OY!

Maybe it was me but it seemed like it was all about stopping Trump.

Kasich doesn't seem to realize how far behind he is and Cruz just rattled off a rip of Trumps ideas with a condescending attitude he has down pat.

Oh well. We will see soon enough.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

I don't want these weasles running the country with this 15 year old mindset.

I feel like I'm watching a soap opera about highschool.

posted on Apr, 24 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I saw the same town hall and they both came off looking like each were living in some kind of parallel universe.

I agree with liveandlearn above... Maybe they do have insider information. Maybe they've already been promised the nomination/VP slots and are only waiting it out until then. How else can one explain their absolute positivity in claiming a nomination neither are close to getting to the legitimate way they are supposed to?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Maybe they can out cheat Hillary?

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

That sums it up pretty well. At this point I just don't want Cruz to win and I'll be happy. Not that I think he has a rat copulating's chance.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

I don't want these weasles running the country with this 15 year old mindset.

I feel like I'm watching a soap opera about highschool.

Absolutely. They , RNC& DNC are not in tune with current voters and are relying on the old powers. Wi
Ll love watching their fall.

posted on Apr, 25 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: liveandlearn

Someone start a grass root campaign for a third party.

Call it the f off corrupt dirtbags party or the stop taxing us for free # and pensions party or the work for your own money like us party

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join