It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron/ George Osborne negative campaigning.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   
What is it with David Cameron and George Osborne when it comes to campaigning?

Every election campaign since 2010, they have decided that speaking negatively about the opposing camps rather than focusing on their achievements is the way forward.

It has become clear in the referendum campaigning that they don't focus on their achievements, simply because they have achieved nothing. Cameron's attempts of reforming the E.U are non existent, which makes a mockery of the claims that he would have been willing to lead the U.K into a Brexit if he could not get the U.K a better deal.
Well, he hasn't achieved that goal and now he is more or less claiming that we will die if we choose to leave. Okay, he hasn't actually stated that, before someone picks up on that, but with focusing on all the worse case scenarios, this proves he never had any intention of leading an out campaign.

George Osborne was apparently considering joining the leave campaign, yes George of course you were, and now all we hear from him is that every household would be far worse off if we leave. He even insinuated that everybody would be financially worse off forever, which of course is ridiculous.

Today we have had Cameron attack the Labour London Mayoral candidate Sadiq Khan, again implying that he was a terrorist sympathiser, claiming he shared a stage with a guy who supports Daesh, which is very low. Of course no mention of his own support for a regime that financially supports Daesh in Saudi Arabia, surprise surprise.

I have not heard anything positive coming out of either Gentleman's mouth in the last ten years. All they seem to do is continuously parrot whatever their spin doctors advise them to say, regardless of the question being asked.

Come on tell us about all the positives of being in the E.U, tell Londoners what positive steps will be delivered by Zac Goldsmith rather than focusing on the negatives.

Or are there none?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
George Osbourne is a proven liar and the general public would be wise to do exactly the opposite of what he speaks from his rectal orifice.

& hey, even if we do leave, I'm sure Cameron can devise a "long term economic plan" to save the day.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Well the price of oil is rising so he will probably have to keep on borrowing more than he has to date, which is already more than any U.K Government ever has outside of the war years. Instead he will warn us that Labour are the borrowing party, yeah alright Dave.

edit on 20/4/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

To be honest the only positive I can see is tariff free trade and don't see that as a good enough reason to stay.
Even Jean-Claude Juncker admits that the EU has been a right royal pain in the arse to the people it's meant to serve ....us.

We were wrong to over-regulate and interfere too much," he said. For decades he has been an influential figure at the heart of EU integration moves. "It is true we're not very popular when we advocate for Europe. We're no longer respected in our countries when we emphasise the need to give priority to the European Union," Mr Juncker said. The European project had "lost part of its attractiveness", he warned, but said the Commission was taking steps to address it.
www.bbc.co.uk...

"Taking steps to address it" , just another platitude that will come to nothing.

Cameron and Osborne are playing the politics of fear card thinking the British public (Oiks) are too stupid to see through it , it's working for Trump why not them.

As it stands I'm voting leave and fear mongering only makes that resolve stronger.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes I read what Mr Juncker had to say earlier, but I agree it's far too late in the day to be saying these things, empty hollow words that doesn't actually address anything.

Disposing of the unelected beauracrats should have been at the very top of wholesale reforms of the E.U, but of course, Cameron was never going to be the man to derail the gravy train.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
claims that he would have been willing to lead the U.K into a Brexit if he could not get the U.K a better deal.......

Glad to see you have finally woken up to his deceitful lying tactics, he is not called David Scameron for nothing. The true colours of several MPs are shining through from opposing camps now that more and more people are siding with the out campaign. The controlled opposition now doing a 180 from the out campaign to the stay in campaign.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

I woke up years ago.

I always knew that a Bilderberger would never lead the U.K out of the E.U.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

They want us to stay in to serve the globalist agenda... Vote out!

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Also, after we leave, we will form the North American Union anlongside Canada. It's all planned.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Come on tell us about all the positives of being in the E.U

I've yet to hear one.

Someone on another thread was asking recently why it's called Project Fear...well, this is why. It's the Remain camp's only card. 'Scare the hell out of everyone into maintaining the status quo'. And I've no doubt the non-educated youth will gulp it all down like hungry pups.

the only positive I can see is tariff free trade

You mean like we used to have with our Commonwealth trade partners? You see, it's so long ago now that no one remembers. Our food imports were dirt cheap, and we had to give that up when we joined the EEC. We've been paying through the nose ever since, thanks to the Common Agricultural Policy.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

I woke up years ago.

I always knew that a Bilderberger would never lead the U.K out of the E.U.

Glad to hear it and I absolutely agree with you there.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Also, after we leave, we will form the North American Union anlongside Canada. It's all planned.

You know I hadn't even thought of that being a possibility. It's like we are damned if we do and damned if we don't . So could all this fearmongering from the stay in side be reverse psychology to make us vote to leave, and so free us up to be absorbed into the North America Union whilst looking like it was the peoples choice and not the government. This would then be plausible deniability so not to piss off the rest of Europe's ruling elite whilst keeping to the USA/NWO take over plan?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

That's how I see it bud. Clever plan eh?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I can't see that happening to be honest, unless we become the 51st state.

If this is the plan, why would Obama and co be so desperate for us to stay in?

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Good question that I can't answer.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

For the record, I would love for the UK, Canada and USA to be a union. Screw the EU.

posted on Apr, 20 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

For the record, I would love for the UK, Canada and USA to be a union. Screw the EU.

Yeah, screw the E.U, after all they've been doing the same to us for forty plus years.
edit on 20/4/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: Typo

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Of course they will use negative campaigning, both sides do, they do it because fear is one humans biggest motivators. It worked in Scotland and the U.K. General election. No surprise it's a tactic being used again

posted on Apr, 21 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
They're doing it because the people who will vote to stay will already vote to stay, what they need to do is appeal to the undecideds. And studies have proven again and again that the best way to sway the undecideds in an election is to motivate them with fear.

Hope doesn't work half as well as fear.

So both sides are running along with Project Fear.

posted on Apr, 23 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Like I said, maybe it is reverse psychology. I know of several people that decided to go to the out side after Obama stuck his oar in

top topics

<<   2 >>

join