It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(LEAD) N. Korea' early-morning ballistic missile launch ends in failure: military

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
North Korea is at again.

They reportedly fired a missile again this morning, but it failed.

One of these days they are going go to succeed in doing some serious harm, especially now that reports say that they have become a nuclear threat. These missiles have the capability to reach South Korea and Guam.

The United Nations Security Council resolutions are useless. North Korea completely ignores them.

I wish China would just do something final about this.

SEOUL, April 15 (Yonhap) -- North Korea attempted to launch what is presumed to be the medium-range ballistic missile Musudan early Friday from its east coast, but the launch ended in failure, the Joint Chiefs of Staff said. "North Korea appears to have tried a missile launch from the East Sea area early morning today, but it is presumed to have failed," the JCS said. Sources said the launched missile was the intermediate-range ballistic missile Musudan, also known as the BM-25. It was North Korea's first test-launch of the Musudan missile which the North is believed to have deployed against South Korea and other countries. The North may have some 50 Musudan missiles.

(LEAD) N. Korea' early-morning ballistic missile launch ends in failure: military

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Sounds like business as usual with the NK military..

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Lmao typical N Korea. Every time I read an article about this country anymore I laugh and feel pity at the same time. It's like that kid at the playground that just wants someone to notice them.

edit on 14-4-2016 by Shadys321 because: Typo

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
The "failure" could be a red herring.

They need to be watched carefully.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Senor Kim is probably embarrassed about this and will be sure to conduct some allegedly epically deadly test to make up for it soon.

Yes. We will all probably vaporized any moment.
edit on 14-4-2016 by GoShredAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Or did it land on one ?

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

One of these days they are going go to succeed in doing some serious harm

Agreed. But NK is a danger only to themselves.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i personally would like to know what laws NK is violating by trying to 'up' its defence systems.

what law is it that says a country cannot pursue and have nkue capabilities, and whom govern those laws...

please edify without bias.
edit on 14-4-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Out of all the countries that need a fat useless dicktator removed, North Korea would be at the top of the list - their ongoing threats to Sth Korea, Japan and the US are far more overt and vocal than any other that I can think of.

So, in all seriousness, why has the US governments coalition of the willing not done what they do best and delivered round boy and his regime some mega-freedoms of democracy yet?

Must be because:
a) They are continuously being monitored and are deemed to be of no threat.
OR
b) They have no oil under their dirt.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

They need to be watched carefully.

That's what I was thinking.

This feels different than previous attempts. They have been steadily gaining ground recently.

Tomorrow is the NK "Day of the Sun" holiday. The birthday of Kim Il Sung.

I usually have pretty good instincts about things, and for some reason I feel that something different is coming, and soon.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Ah, the million dollar question. It is indeed a mystery why the US and other countries just let NK alone to keep working on nuclear weapons. The lame sanctions do nothing.

Poor South Korea and Japan live under imminent threat that Un will get lucky one of these days. Their allies, including the US, could end this quickly.

But, there is China. That is the "c" you could add to the "a" and "b" on your list. China also could end this quickly, but for many reasons they just seem to tolerate the situation. There are many theories regarding their motives, but if another country takes action against NK it would have to be with the cooperation of China, and that does not seem likely to occur.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Let's see,
Build a weapon to fight a nonexistent enemy?
Feed a bunch of my starving countrymen?

Decisions, decisions....

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

They've been a nuclear threat since 2006 under Bush's watch.

Of course their missiles can reach South Korea because it's literally a stones throw away!

China has been putting pressure on them. They've recently even threatened China.
edit on 14-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   

And C) China

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I dread the day when we won't be laughing at one of these reports.

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

No oil but huge mineral deposits, namely good reserves of tungsten, they could sit on the largest oil deposit in the world it wouldn't matter. It's never been about exploitable resources when it comes to war in Korea. It boils down to the fact if the US deals with the North communism would strike back.

Too risky otherwise it would be done. Maybe the world will agree to "modernize" North Korea but the USA will never start it.. Even if unicorns are discovered in the north.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   
North Korea is a unique problem. The traditional method of sanctions, that cause internal problems and then the out reached hand by the US followed by a flood of trade and and invasion of western culture that has worked through out the former Warsaw Pact and many other places (currently Cuba and Iran in phase 1) does not seem possible in North Korea. The population is hive minded that living miserable terrible lives seems fine in the service of what passes for God the Supreme Leader. The new round of sanctions will harm the already hurting military but, that could take years before the real effects are seen.

The other option is a military one. Sure a US lead coalition could go in and defeat North Korea but, at what cost? South Korea would likely pay a heavy price and Japan possibly as well. And then you have a post war scenario that would make rebuilding in Iraq look like a cake walk. The cost in both money and manpower would be staggering just to keep the population from flooding into China and South Korea. To feed and rebuild North Korea into a modern nation after what would be an ugly bloody war would be astronomical.

So their is no easy solution for North Korea. The best hope is for a coup and somebody reasonable to take over. However Kim executes anybody who gains any power or popularity at all. You can not just hope China will deal with it because while they could in time defeat North Korea it would be a long bloody war for China's inexperienced forces who also would not have as great of tech advantage over North Korea as the US. So hoping for China to solve the problem is a pipe dream. I do not see any good way to deal with North Korea and neither does anybody else it seems.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

The only harm they could do is start feeding their people to quickly. If they did that, the bodies wouldn't be used to a substantial amount of food and it could cause harm to many innocent people. Or one of their tumbling satellites might hit something important.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Or they have been watched and they failed.

No red herring...just NK technology at work.

posted on Apr, 15 2016 @ 04:51 AM
link   
You ever watch bugs bunny and the road runner? The coyote fires a rocked and it veers up and lands on him leaving him crispy?

Thats what NK reminds me of.......oh and dear leader is a douche, I dare the fat bulbous walrus flap with a Loyd Christmas haircut to come get me.

And I was being nice.....did I mention his mother was a porpoise?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join