It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cocktails

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Those were from last night.

See - I love this

You type in a suggestion on the miracle box to what was previously a fictitious person - and presto-magico - you get pics from some exotic location that (kinda) proves they are real

I love the alchemy behind mixed drinks. And cooking. I do like reading your foodie posts - but I'm a vegetarian now, so... :-)

I don't do drinks all that often these days. I used to have a nice glass of Chianti every night - but not anymore

I'm personally not crazy about sweet - with a few exceptions: sherry, a nice plum wine, for some reason I can't explain - Gewurztraminer

Then the occasional sugar bombs - Mojitos and Pina Coladas

All much better with good company - of course

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Is that a a sacrificial table in the background?

LOL

I wonder if his 'guests' from last night will be around for

Sunday dinner!?

Yeah, never accept an invitation for a 'a night of cocktails' from our Octavius.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spiramirabilis
See - I love this

You type in a suggestion on the miracle box to what was previously a fictitious person - and presto-magico - you get pics from some exotic location that (kinda) proves they are real

Yup, suburban New Jersey, exotica at its best.

I love the alchemy behind mixed drinks. And cooking. I do like reading your foodie posts - but I'm a vegetarian now, so... :-)

Thank you. I do as well, it is interesting how various flavor profiles combine to make something much better than the individual components. I like bourbon, Campari and vermouth but mixed together, in the right proportions, they taste even better.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Yeah, never accept an invitation for a 'a night of cocktails' from our Octavius.

You know you're tempted to try it. Kinda like sticking a fork in an electric outlet.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Haha you're right! except my little black cocktail dress shall be made of Kevlar, and my heal spikes dipped in the venom of a blue ring octopus.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Haha you're right! except my little black cocktail dress shall be made of Kevlar, and my heal spikes dipped in the venom of a blue ring octopus.

You would fit in perfectly with the rest of the guests.

What are you in the mood for me to make for you?

edit on 17-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Something to drink at the new ACDC concert with AXL ROSE, your choice, what would make me cope?

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Augustus, can I come to the party too! I mix a mean banana punch.LOL
I Promise to behave.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Something to drink at the new ACDC concert with AXL ROSE, your choice, what would make me cope?

The only thing that comes to mind is a Cyanide Spritzer.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A pint of Guinness mixed with a double of Jack Daniel's.
Professionals only.

posted on Apr, 17 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Yo yo yo and a bottle of rum [SNIPPED]
edit on 10/1/2016 by kosmicjack because: removed ill mannered content

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: NewToMe

Awww, look whose back already. Thank you for wasting your first post here.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewToMe
Yo yo yo and a bottle of rum. [SNIP]

I'm pretty sure those aren't the lyrics to that fictional song.

Augustus, in the spirit of it being 5:00 PM in Dubai and it is beautiful there IMO I would like a drink please.
Nothing too sweet.
Something unusual and exotic.
Containing the blood of my enemies, please.
LOL

edit on 10/1/2016 by kosmicjack because: removed ill mannered quoted text

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Augustus, in the spirit of it being 5:00 PM in Dubai and it is beautiful there IMO I would like a drink please.
Nothing too sweet.
Something unusual and exotic.
Containing the blood of my enemies, please.
LOL

Well, champagne is the beverage of choice to celebrate victories and Bellini's are an excellent cocktail to make with champagne. One of the more popular is the blood orange Bellini.
    2 Ounces strained blood orange juice
    4 Ounces chilled champagne or Prosecco
    1 Defeated enemy

Pour the strained juice into a champagne flute or coupe glass. Slowly add champagne or prosecco. Raise in the general direction of your fallen enemy. Taunt accordingly and drink.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Well, there is the appropriately named, After Dinner Cocktail which I make occasionally. It consist of two ingredients which you may not have heard of but taste great.
1 Part Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur
1 Part Batavia Arrack
1 Part fresh lime juice

Shake with ice and then double strain into a sherry glass.

Actually I want to try it. Sounds like after-dinner, dessert and nightcap all in one. If I can find those unusual liqueurs in this one-horse town. Sounds like it's so sweet people would only want one. I like that about it too. : )

Oh, and what is the 'appropriately named" name? Did I somehow miss it? Hope it's nothing to do with coco puffs though.

edit on 4/18/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Actually I want to try it. Sounds like after-dinner, dessert and nightcap all in one. If I can find those unusual liqueurs in this one-horse town. Sounds like it's so sweet people would only want one. I like that about it too. : )

If you cannot locate them let me know, I can give you some really reliable internet liquor/wine shops that stock them.

Oh, and what is the 'appropriately named" name? Did I somehow miss it?

You may have, the drink is actually called the After Dinner Cocktail.

edit on 18-4-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

After Dinner Cocktail. I see. Hm. I might make up my own name after I taste it.

What do you make with coffee? I love coffee. Hot or cold, but none of those restauranty ones with whipped cream on top. I've put cognac in coffee and I like that too. Also Grand Marnier.

I had NO idea you could purchase booze on-line. It's a good thing they didn't have that when I was 20!

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I occasionally make this one for guests who want something sweet and coffee flavored after dinner.

1 Ounce Tuaca
    1 Ounce Coffee liqueur
    4 Ounces cold coffee or espresso
    1 Egg white
    Dark chocolate for grating

Dry shake all ingredients until incorporated then shake with ice until chilled. Strain into a martini or coupe glass and grate dark chocolate over the top.

Tuaca is an Italian liqueur that has a wonderful Vanilla flavor and really jazzes up sweet cocktails.

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Sounds great from one who likes to drink the cocktails, but not necessarily prepare them.

(I wonder if your psychological make-up is as complicated as your taste in food and drink. There has to be a connection.
Plain and simple vs. intricate and complicated.)

No need to answer. Didn't mean to pry.

Cheers! ♥

posted on Apr, 18 2016 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
(I wonder if your psychological make-up is as complicated as your taste in food and drink. There has to be a connection.
Plain and simple vs. intricate and complicated.)

Probably. I think you need to be a bit of a perfectionist to excel in the restaurant industry where consistency is the name of the game.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join