It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns N Roses is back

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   
A happy 80's child here, don't judge (too harshly)

I heard they got back together awhile ago but figured it was just another rumor. Nice to see the reconciliation.
Axel's voice is still intact. Some work in the gym and he could probably sound just like early nineties again.

edit on 12-4-2016 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

The link is not working.

I think it's

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Snap, you fixed it!

They were still active, though.

A friend of mine was recording/producing some of them in Australia late last year under the name of the "Dead Daisies", with Jimmy Barnes doing some vocals.

edit on 12/4/2016 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

For how long? I truly hope they stay back, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: chr0naut

Snap, you fixed it!

They were still active, though.

A friend of mine was recording/producing some of them in Australia late last year under the name of the "Dead Daisies", with Jimmy Barnes doing some vocals.

Yes, they were active, but not with the original line up..

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
slash hat hasn't aged a day!!!

Good for them, life is too short to be bitter 20+ years

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Jeez Axl definitely needs to do some cardio, his breath control is bad even without running around like he used to.

I went to see em in 91, was a great show! Dunno if I'll catch em this time around but it's still pretty cool they got back together.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Appetite for Destruction was my very first album at the tender age of 7! For Xmas, I got that and a black boom box and those were magical times indeed!

Broke my heart when they broke up and now it sings because they are back together! I'm gonna watch all the live videos from their recent concerts!

Why does Axl have a cast on? I'm so glad he's still got his voice and they better keep it together so they can make a new album!

Hopefully, they're all grown up and over that petty BS. And Axl better not start his BS again starting shows 2 hours late again!
edit on 12-4-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Jeez Axl definitely needs to do some cardio, his breath control is bad even without running around like he used to.

I went to see em in 91, was a great show! Dunno if I'll catch em this time around but it's still pretty cool they got back together.

Yep, if he'd hit the gym; work out those diaphragm muscles, he'd sound like the days of old.

Not complaining though. He still can hit the high notes...

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Why does Axl have a cast on?

They did a concert in LA april 1st and he broke his foot, needed surgery.

that was the same chair Dave Grohl used when he broke a leg last year
edit on 12-4-2016 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

I figured he'd broke it but breaking in concert is pretty bad ass, or a sign he's old! Did he continue playing after he broke it?

When I saw that chair I immediately thought of Dave! Good to see Axl put it to good use instead of bitching out!

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I heard they were making a comeback.They must need the money
really bad to go back on stage after all of this time.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Wonderful news! Hopefully they have matured and can keep it going!

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Indigent

I figured he'd broke it but breaking in concert is pretty bad ass, or a sign he's old! Did he continue playing after he broke it?

When I saw that chair I immediately thought of Dave! Good to see Axl put it to good use instead of bitching out!

He broke it in the second song of the night, Mr Brownstone, and continued to play the entire set for another hour or so.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

His breath control hasn't always been the greatest, and he has hit the gym. Compare his performances here, or at the recent troubadour gig, with those of 2011 - 2014. He has improved a great deal. He is also sitting down here, making some of the songs harder to sing.
edit on 13-4-2016 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth

I heard they were making a comeback.They must need the money
really bad to go back on stage after all of this time.

Axl's worth $150 million. I don't think he needs the money.

Slash and Duff though...maybe...

This regrouping of Axl, Slash and Duff seem more about rekindling a friendship than it is about money. Their interactions aren't stone cold or anything. They've clearly made reconciliations.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Ok so they reunited. They are playing here in July 29th Orlando FL at the Citrus Bowl. Wondering if they can fill it, but in the meantime the radio stations are going to recycle the repeated same songs in heavy rotation until July, which I don't know if I can take. They do sound pretty good though after 20 years apart.
edit on 13-4-2016 by Maplesyrup because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Without Steve Adler and Izzy Stradlin it's a hollow reunion.
#Cheated.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Shyte,..thought they were all back....cheated indeed!

posted on Apr, 14 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
It took me a long time to get into Guns N Roses. Like 20 years. Heard some songs on the radio. Finally bought Appetite and it is a classic. Also love Use your Illusion 1 and 2. Great stuff. Maybe even better than Appetite. Cool to see them back together. Curious to see how it goes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join