It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloud seeding with silver in Alberta CA.? I had no idea...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Where else does this happen?

www.canadiangeographic.ca...

Canadian weather customization

I never heard of this aside from China trying it during the Olympics.

Suddenly the pilot feels his cue: a powerful updraft seizes the plane and lifts it like a feather up, up, up, 1,000 feet per minute through the vertical heart of the growing storm. Without looking, Pomeroy reaches for the spring-loaded toggle switch near his seat. Flicking the switch with the turn of a finger, he sends streams of grey chemical smoke spewing from flares mounted on the wings and belly. Whipped away by the torrent of wind, the smoke merges and blends into the pall of grey.

edit on 4122016 by Butterfinger because: added quote

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

It happens in a lot of places. They like to do it more in winter to try to make it snow so that the slopes can have a good snowpack for skiers.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Its been going in the US since the 1950s. Many ski resorts also use it to increase snow fall (albeit mostly with cannons rather than spraying into clouds using aircraft)

www.weathermodification.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.physics.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
They do it here in the states from ground stations, too.

cloud seeding outside LA

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
Where else does this happen?

www.canadiangeographic.ca...

Canadian weather customization

I never heard of this aside from China trying it during the Olympics.

Suddenly the pilot feels his cue: a powerful updraft seizes the plane and lifts it like a feather up, up, up, 1,000 feet per minute through the vertical heart of the growing storm. Without looking, Pomeroy reaches for the spring-loaded toggle switch near his seat. Flicking the switch with the turn of a finger, he sends streams of grey chemical smoke spewing from flares mounted on the wings and belly. Whipped away by the torrent of wind, the smoke merges and blends into the pall of grey.

They have been doing that for h'ever..to shrink hailstones, drought and thingys. Seemingly it is a big problem, as are the hailstones.

You can be advised that the think tanks also take into account climate change, natural and/or manmade, as a matter of course. You have been warned.

www.iclr.org...
edit on 12-4-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is what I would call chemtrailing -don´t get me wrong, I´m not into chemtrails-.
So where are all the people constantly denying and making fun of the ones claiming the exact same thing that is happening in the article above?

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Nobody has ever denied that cloud seeding happens. It's a well known thing, although whether it works or not is a different story. But cloud seeding is not the same as what people claim chemtrails are.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Greetings and Salutations- This has been going on since at least 1967 and "They" did it in Vietnam thinking it would help the allied troops. I guess they threw out the intel stating that many of these folks used tunnels to move and to fight...

Now what I'm typing about is guys from the Military Industrial Complex that have been doing it for close to 50 years now and because 98% of these guys are GungHo Turds, You don't think they stopped do You?

This is the Wikipedia of the aforementioned "Operation Popeye"

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a video:

www.youtube.com...

Now, did these Turds cause many Vets to come down w/weird a$$ cancers? I'd opine the folks that could reveal that intel are either dead or don't want to be dead...

namaste

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   
We did it to shut down the trucks on the Ho Chi Min trail......
It worked too.....

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

So where are all the people constantly denying and making fun of the ones claiming the exact same thing that is happening in the article above?

We hide in the shadows, hang from the rafters, you will never see us until we want you to see us.

Actually we know what cloud seeding is, and what it does, we also know how it's done, and what it's done with.

So we don't always jump on cloud seeding threads.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Help me out a bit then, what´s the difference? Both are sprayed from plane and both alter the climate.
I´m really not into this chemtrail stuff so this is a valid, non mocking question.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Chemtrails are supposedly the long white lines that you see going from horizon to horizon, and have everything from frozen red blood cells, to aluminum, barium, strontium, and every other chemical you can think of. Cloud seeding uses existing clouds, and drops silver iodide into them to attempt to make them rain sooner than they normally would.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Help me out a bit then, what´s the difference? Both are sprayed from plane and both alter the climate.

Actually they aren't both sprayed by a plane. Cloud seeding isn't always done by spraying anything.

Here is a good video that shows and explains cloud seeding...

Well as far as chemtrails and anything related to them...there is nothing I can say because I have yet seen any evidence they actually exist.

I´m really not into this chemtrail stuff so this is a valid, non mocking question.

I appreciate the civility, and hope the answers I gave help you figure out the answers you seek.

And the biggest difference between a chemtrail and cloud seeding...cloud seeding is real, whereas chemtrails are not.

posted on Apr, 12 2016 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well then, I would say, you learn something new every day! Thanks you both for taking the time explaining it

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
You could have heard from it about 18 years ago, since that is how old the article is you link
(July/August 1998 issue)

In Europe it is used mainly to prevent hail destroying crops and vineyards; I think they are doing it also from around the 50/60's.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: MissVocalcord

Yikes!

I'm pretty new to the chemtrail debate, I thought this would be referenced more often!

So, I gather no one is worried about Silver Iodide?

I found this blurb:

A key manufacturer of silver iodide for weather modification, Deepwater Chemicals, warns of potential health effects of silver iodide in their Material Safety Data Sheet as follows: Chronic Exposure/Target Organs: Chronic ingestion of iodides may produce “iodism”, which may be manifested by skin rash, running nose, headache and irritation of the mucous membranes. Weakness, anemia, loss of weight and general depression may also occur. Chronic inhalation or ingestion may cause a rgyria characterized by blue-gray discoloration of the eyes, skin and mucous membranes. Chronic skin contact may cause permanent discoloration of the skin. Under the guidelines of the Clean Water Act by the EPA, silver iodide is considered a hazardous substance, a priority pollutant, and as a toxic pollutant.

From
chemtruth.ning.com...

That site is obviously biased, but I'm suprised more people dont have issues with it as they do with chemtrails.

I guess I'm suprised that its not mentioned more. Not too worried personally

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

once you fully understand what the silver iodide does in the clouds, it's easier to see why it's nothing to worry about. The molecules bond with water to nucleate and create water droplets that will freeze and become rain. They also use dry ice for this. So a little bit is spread out over a large storm and dispersed out.

posted on Apr, 13 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
a reply to: MissVocalcord

Yikes!

I'm pretty new to the chemtrail debate, I thought this would be referenced more often!

So, I gather no one is worried about Silver Iodide?

As they say, 'the dose makes the poison'.

At the dose required to give you argyria, I have no doubt that you'd be having health issues. You'd also be downing it by the glassful.

There's a big difference between turning up a big tumblerful of it, and catching a few molecules of it after a couple of kg have been dispersed into a cloud bank, and a few drops of rain hit you.

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Friends from the area said they saw planes 'seeding' even though conditions were already so dry..............

posted on May, 10 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Onthebit

Cloud seeding can occur whenever there are clouds that could produce rain.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join