It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a Masters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Whilst I have been perusing and occasionally contributing this evening, I have also been keeping a keen eye on the Masters Golf Championship.

What a turnaround, the likes I don't think I have ever witnessed in a major previously.

Jordan Spieth, Mr reliable has crumbled at the twelfth and dropped four shots leaving Danny Willlett, from England, to step in and take the lead at four under.

Lee Westwood is the next challenger, but he's just dropped a shot and is at two under.

Dustin Johnson is now three under and is the latest challenger.

Dudes I'm telling you, Golfing doesn't get much tougher!!

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Been working too much to pay attention this year.... but IF its at Agusta like it usually is... that will explain why anything can happen...

that course is insane...

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Been working too much to pay attention this year.... but IF its at Agusta like it usually is... that will explain why anything can happen...

that course is insane...

Oh for sure, but never underestimate the twelfth, it's totally insane.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
And it's not over, with Willlett leading at five under, Jordan Spieth has pulled it back to three under and has a birdie chance at sixteen, it could change in the blink of an eye.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
He misses to the left and the ball travels six feet past at least.

Bizarre.

Edit - He makes par.
edit on 10/4/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

how about the other day early on and the golfter I think took ten hits!!!!!! that was unusual for sure

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
There were 3 hole in ones on the same hole and one of them was almost a double hole in one .The shooters ball was rolling towards the hole and hit the other players ball aand almost put it in but kept rolling and went in the hole .Something I had never seen before ...amazing

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100

how about the other day early on and the golfter I think took ten hits!!!!!! that was unusual for sure

That was the South African, Ernie Els.

Ernie is a quadruple major winner, but he never won the Masters, coming second on one occasion, but not actually winning the damn thing.

Ernie suffered the yips, a condition many sportsmen suffer as a consequence of repetitiveness. I think it's a nerve condition, it effects the ability to play the shots you were once a master of. Darts player Eric Bristow suffered the yips and had to retire from the sport.

It's a real condition, the effects of which can only be felt by the sufferer.
edit on 10/4/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
There were 3 hole in ones on the same hole and one of them was almost a double hole in one .The shooters ball was rolling towards the hole and hit the other players ball aand almost put it in but kept rolling and went in the hole .Something I had never seen before ...amazing

That was incredible circumstance, I was willing both balls to go in, but when at least one did, then I was very happy to be a witness to it.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Danny Willett from Sheffield, England, is the 2016 Masters Golf Champion.

Well done Danny boy.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

It was quite the turn of events . Did you see the guy that was on the green and marked his ball . Then when it was time to play he placed the ball back on the green and started lining it up and reading what the ball was going to do when the wind came up and blew it into the water off the green :>( ...He had to take a stroke and go to the drop zone ...crazy stuff I tell ya .

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Haven't been able to watch it this weekend, but my buddy updated me on the Spieth meltdown. Love the sport.

top topics

join