It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can I believe in Ghosts and not God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Snarl: How can you say 'your ghost' is not a God manifesting itself in this plane of existence? I believe that soul thing you're talking about belongs with the creator. When your body ceases to function it's job is to return.

It is that exactly. That soul became hung up somewhere (4th dimension).

Snarl: I believe there are a whole host of Gods (or minor deities). I have encountered distinct traces of at least two. They're picky about being revealed. It's my opinion they are geographically limited (even though that is the 'worst' description possible for what I'm trying to convey.)

Oh yes there are many minor deities that taken on the 'Robes' of importance to influence the human.

Snarl; As for religions ... the dudes writing that stuff down on paper got it fairly screwed up. That said, I do believe there was a time before our present history where 'we' did have it right. Ain't no shovel gonna get us back there either. Pretty crazy sounding reply isn't it?

Those 'high on neigh' editors (left texts out) of what we were to contemplate as Natural Truths were deliberately left out for a reason. Do not confuse the human into thinking there is anything other than suffering on earth; otherwise would realize Its potential to know the Absolute (dumb them down) so we can enslave them.

edit on 10-4-2016 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Some spiritualists believe upon death we simply cross over into a spirit world. We are still ourselves, just different in our appearance. Some even think we have jobs, and homes, work and go to parties, and such.

A job might be: helping animals to cross over; helping suicides to cross over, and such. Sort of interesting notions, but I don't think a God is required in those scenarios.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
the premise of god is unrelated to religion too tho idnit,

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   
God as we understand it is an expression of everything in a moment.

One was of relating to the ancient is that to them 7 days was a moment.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

God could be an expression of everything that happens at once

And we are a reflection of that

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
God as we understand it is an expression of everything in a moment.

Who is we?

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Something that in reflection has access to everything in a moment.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Something that in reflection has access to everything in a moment.

That makes absolutely no sense to the question I asked

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Moments are infinite.

It is actually really simple to understand.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:31 PM
link   
"Can a distribution with finite mean and infinite variance have a moment generating function? What about a distribution with finite mean and finite variance but infinite higher moments?"

stats.stackexchange.com...
edit on 10-4-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

What the heck are you going on about?

I never once commented on or mentioned "moments"

I asked "who is the 'we' you are referring to when you said 'God, as WE understand it' "

Also, "moments" is the exact opposite as the term "infinite". The words are complete antonyms.
edit on 10/4/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Actually I am the one who brought up "moments".

What the heck are you going on about?

You asked who are we and I answered and in a way related to that we are a reflection of an expression, beyond our ability to observe.

But still consistent with a frame of reference to everything that exists at once.

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Actually I am the one who brought up "moments".

I know you did, that's why it's completely irrelevant to my question which has nothing to do with 'moments'.

You asked who are we and I answered and in a way related to that we are a reflection of an expression, beyond our ability to observe.

Except the 'we' I was referring to was your inference that a large group of people had been studying and actually grasping a concept of god, and used in a way that reflected a majority population.

I wasn't asking "who are we" in general. I was asking "who is this group of people who you claim to have some sort of concrete understanding of a trait of a god?"

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   

A Concrete comprehension of God would relate to a Concrete comprehension of what is possible.

However what Is possible is expressed and pertains to the link provided above by this member.

Of course in respect to moments.
edit on 10-4-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

However what Is possible is expressed and pertains to the link provided above by this member.

"By this member" ?????

Are you speaking in third person now?

Are you not aware that the most insane sounding people people you'll ever meet speak in third person? I mean honestly... It's not a form a speech that inspires much hope for sanity.

A Concrete comprehension of God would relate to a Concrete comprehension of what is possible.

You keep going further and further off the initial question every post you make. You're not even responding to the content within my replies to you.

In the first response I gave to you, all I asked was "who is 'we' " not "what are we". There is a substantial difference.

You stated "God as we understand it is..."

This implies that not only is there a group of people (and the group is what my question is directed at), but that they have an understanding of a god.

Who IS this 'we' you speak of?

(I'm off to bed now, will be back tomorrow some time)

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

You need a bib to be quite honest. Insane people tend to stereotype others as insane in order to compensate in relation to transference, that others are like them.

Being an individuals why is it impossible for you to be part of everything?

"In the first response I gave to you, all I asked was "who is 'we' " not "what are we". There is a substantial difference."

How so???

posted on Apr, 10 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
This is the exact thing I brought up to my self-proclaimed atheist AND believer of ghosts/aliens friend. If you believe that there is more to this world than meets the eye, why stop at ghosts? We could think that we know what or whom God is, but have no 'earthly' idea. All I'm saying is don't believe in one and count the other one out. I think they go hand in hand. There's so much we don't understand and won't understand until we are dead and either, well, not existing at all, rattling chains in a basement, or walking through paradise in heaven.

I think it could also go the other way: how could I believe in God when I also believe in ghosts and aliens? I don't know... I just do.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 02:29 AM
link   

You sure can. Just remember there is a difference between implicit and explicit atheism when discussing this topic.

If you uphold implicit atheistic beliefs, then you are less likely to cop any flack for believing in ghosts while not believing in God. However, if you uphold explicit atheistic views and maintain the same beliefs you will more likely be challenged. The reason being is that there is no objective evidence to prove the existence of either spirits or God, so how can one logically support the former and strongly dismiss the latter?

From your post, I get the feeling you are more of an implicit atheist, so you need not worry too much about it.

edit on 11/4/2016 by Dark Ghost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 04:39 AM
link   
You can believe in absolutely anything you want to believe in so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Yes you can. I believe the same thing as you. I've been attacked by rabid atheists about it like how they would attack Christians. They have told me that I have no reason to believe in spirits and ghosts and after-life since there is no evidence. I countered that there are some evidence for it. But you can't reason with some people.

The definition of atheism is "disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods." So yes you can.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join