It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Intermittent Connection Issues This Evening

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   
The servers are running a little "hot" right now, and some of you may have noticed some brief connection issues a bit earlier.

Right now we're seeing an insane number of indexing bots on ATS. We keep traffic logs for three days, just in case we need to troubleshoot an attack.

Our normal abbreviated log file (just tracks requests for content pages, not the other associated files like CSS, JavaScript, etc.) is 500+ megabytes per day. Today, so far, the log file is 1.2 gigabytes, with 3 hours left in the server's day. A quick look at the last 30 seconds (over 8,000 lines) show around 85% indexing agents. This is well above our normal experience with non-human hits on the site. They all look legitimate.

Considering that each page has an average of seven other files/assets that load off the servers, and we're currently running at a pace of about 1,867 "hits" per second... which is quite high.

I've made some minor adjustments, and we seem to be holding well now.

Just wanted to make sure no one was worried about another attack. Baidu.com is especially indexing us hard right now.
edit on 4-4-2016 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   
i noticed earlier and the first thing that came to mind was another DDOS attack glad to hear it is just hardware issues...crank up the A.C. & let er rip.

posted on Apr, 4 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Maybe it's a DIOS (Distributed Indexing Of Server) attack.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Majic

Go home pony, you're drunk.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I've not had any trouble

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Sounds like he's got a pint, or two.

posted on Apr, 5 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Post a silly witticism and suddenly I'm drunk?

If only it was that easy.

new topics

top topics

join