It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove that the Earth is Round.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I don't know how I got here. I never thought I would be here. I never questioned it or thought about it, being too distracted by other crazy conspiracies. I decided to listen to one flat earther and throughout his 30 min video I was like "no way, such BS." Then I watched another video and things started to make sense. Go out and prove the earth is round they kept saying. Go do experiments and prove the earth is round.

This is where I find myself now. In the middle of testing logic and losing my mind.

curvature drop (H) = 8 inches * d * d = 8 * 6.95 * 6,95 = 386.85 inches = 32 feet (9.5 meters)

I AM NOT asking you to believe the earth is flat. I am asking for your help to prove the earth is round! Because this is insane. But Math and logic never lie right?

Another fun thing to look up and think about on a Sunday afternoon is this, try to find a real picture of Earth from space. Not a NASA composite picture or CGI a real photograph from a camera.... I couldn't.

Okay I'm heading for the beach now to take some pictures I hope you all do the same.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Aeroplanes.

GPS

The international space station

Every #ing thing about astrophysics.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Ok. Take a small stick and stick it in the ground with a clear view to the sun all day. Make a mark at every 90% to the circle around it. You will have made a sundial. Step outside and record the shadows at the same times every day for a year. The changes you see will prove the earth is round.

Or take a telescope and look at a star at the same time every time every night for a year. Mark the angles and coordinates. The change you see will prove the earth is round.

Pendulums also work because the earth is round.

I'm going to stop here. Get back to me in a year and we can compare notes.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent008
I don't know how I got here. I never thought I would be here. I never questioned it or thought about it, being too distracted by other crazy conspiracies. I decided to listen to one flat earther and throughout his 30 min video I was like "no way, such BS." Then I watched another video and things started to make sense. Go out and prove the earth is round they kept saying. Go do experiments and prove the earth is round.

This is where I find myself now. In the middle of testing logic and losing my mind.

curvature drop (H) = 8 inches * d * d = 8 * 6.95 * 6,95 = 386.85 inches = 32 feet (9.5 meters)

I AM NOT asking you to believe the earth is flat. I am asking for your help to prove the earth is round! Because this is insane. But Math and logic never lie right?

Another fun thing to look up and think about on a Sunday afternoon is this, try to find a real picture of Earth from space. Not a NASA composite picture or CGI a real photograph from a camera.... I couldn't.

Okay I'm heading for the beach now to take some pictures I hope you all do the same.

Umm, not this # again?

I am fairly open minded and I have read & listened to all sorts of crazy bat # nonsense.

However, the flat Earth theory is the biggest nonsense of them all.

You ask for evidence? It's around you every second of every day.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent008
Here is a video from space.

[YT]eqCyHeJzO4s[/YT]

www.youtube.com...

Off Topic: How do I embed video to this forum?

edit on 3-4-2016 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure Bugs Bunny solved this in the 1950's

Its pretty easy to prove..get a go pro and attach it to a balloon and let it go and when it land look at the video footage for yourself and you'll have continuity of evidence as no one will of been able to tamper with it.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
nice and easy? gravity.
now, get a high speed camera and a eyedropper with some water in it.
film the water drop coming out. see how it turns into a sphere? its because there is nothing else to form to, so it goes to its natural state, a sphere.

Now look at the sun and moon..spheres.

now notice you are clinging to a bit of dirt that is on a planet..there is gravity pulling you down..into the center of something.
keep looking at the sun, moon, and water droplet film of the orb and let the mind click for a bit until you get it.

and if that doesnt work, you can check this video:

Skip to 1:50 of the video

and part 2:

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Nah seriously the earth is not round, it is however a slightly flattened spheroid, the distance if you were to go straight through the planet between the poles and the the distance between two diametrically opposed point's at the equator is not equal as it would be in a sphere, the distance between the poles is actually less than the distance between the two points on opposite side of the earth at the equator.
www.scientificamerican.com...

Probably due to centrifugal force and of course gravity, though miniscule there is probable flexing of the planet shape under gravity as well with the sun side of the planet being pulled slighty toward the sun and the night side being pulled slightly flatter but it would require an impossible polar geostationary and combined with a perfectly possible equatorial satellite network using laser beams to measure just how much this deformation changed the shape of the planet, this is because though we imagine we are on a solid planet the truth is that it is mostly molton and the centre of the planets oribital mass in its orbital pathway is probably always a little closer to the sun than the exact centre of the planet.

Sillyosaurus gave probably the best answer, in fact some believe that many greek mathematicians did indeed know that the world was round and so his/her answer is the most salient.
edit on 3-4-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Go climb a really tall mountain that gives you a good view. Do your math there. Take a plane back.
Why the need to prove it with math? I bet you can belive the earth is round without having to do the calculations.

Here is a video of high school students that send a camera to space if you want to do it yourself. I wouldn't trust pictures off of the internet either.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyosaurus
I'm going to stop here. Get back to me in a year and we can compare notes.

Isn't it easier to just get in a boat and head East or West and keep going until you fall off the edge of the world ?

I mean that's if it's flat, if it's round you'll end up where you started

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Planes! good topic Try booking a long non stop flight in the southern hemisphere there is none. And the stops the plane makes are weird a flight from Sao Paul to Johannesburg makes a stop in London? That's way north! But on a flat Earth is makes perfect sense.

Also for some reason planes turn of there GPS when in the southern hemisphere??? WHY? No really research this its weird man.
planefinder.net...

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
It's not round, it is a sphere.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: staple

Whats with the fish eye lens....? Helps makes things look curvy....

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I am beginning to wonder if this flat earth stuff is disinfo that is being pushed to detract from something and discredit people who question something else about geology.

Just my .02¢.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Here is a video from space.

[YT]eqCyHeJzO4s[/YT]

www.youtube.com...

Off Topic: How do I embed video to this forum?

That's the ISS moving, not the earth silly.

Copy everthing after the = , and click the youtube button above, or put yvid and /yvid.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Antarctica is the edge, keeping the waters in.. No one is aloud to go to the south pole its more heavily guarded than Groom Lake.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I'll never understand how people can just shut their eyes to the evidence that's right in front of them. Then they use the argument "open your eyes and discover for yourself!"

You know how they first hypothesized the earth was round? Ships disappeared over the horizon as they sailed away! That's right. They most definitely DO DISAPPEAR if you keep watching them!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Maybe but I think it has more to do with a large number of people from various faith's whom interpret there religion as saying that the earth is flat, my argument is it may just be so in another dimension? and earth does not necessarily just refer to the planet though that is our understanding of it, take Membrane or M theory (Membrane theory some just call it Brane theory).
en.wikipedia.org...

Basically imagine space outside of space, this is a theoretical domain referred to as Superspace and here many other universe both do and don't exist as the normal laws of reality are not what we would understand there, imagine our universe as the result of a collision between two or three or more of these other universes (Membranes as they are modeled as two dimensional sheet's for ease of understanding), each brane has unique propertys and when they collide this causes these property's to be imparted upon one another in a way that causes interaction in superspace and our reality is the result of this, this is used as a hypothetical solution to explain why for instance Gravity is so much weaker than other fundamental forces of nature such as electrostatic attraction wich is millions of times stronger than gravity and the theory allow's some to speculate that gravity originates from another brain.

Of course it is just theory which is idea with is attempt to model the universe in the mind and so is neither right nor wrong unless catagorically disproven.

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Oh is it? I missed that. But then again i am not really trying to have an intelligent conversation on this topic...

Edit: thank you Klassified.

edit on 3-4-2016 by scraedtosleep because: thank you Klassified!

posted on Apr, 3 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent008
No one is aloud to go to the south pole...

Right.

One of the greatest stories in Antarctic exploration is the race to reach the Geographic South Pole. The heroic journeys of Amundsen, Scott and Shackleton still fascinate and inspire us to travel to the end of the Earth.

Using ski aircraft we fly to the pole, covering in several hours the distance that took those early explorers years of planning and months of hardship to achieve. History comes alive as we stand at 90 South and imagine how they felt heading out across the frozen continent and into the unknown 100 years ago. We feel the spirit of determination and discovery that has inspired a century of Antarctic exploration and scientific research. And we sense that a journey to the South Pole is as significant today as it was so many years ago. South Pole Tours

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join