It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is not a racist or sexist he's a pandering salesman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Trump is not a racist or sexist he's a pandering salesman. What he's doing is pandering to the right wing conservatives. He's telling them what they want to hear. He's making grand promises.The people that know him or been around him actually like him. No one says he's a racist or a sexist. He does use rhetoric to sell himself to the public. Bernie sanders and Hillary Clinton also pander shamelessly. No one calls them racist or sexist.

But if you take what he's saying literally then he can be scary. I don't support him(or anyone that is a democrat or GOP) because the libertarian party has better policies than the two party cartel.

-Building a wall on the Mexican - US border is a dumb idea. It sends a horrible sign to the international community. We don't need walls.
Coercing another country into building a wall is even more dumb. Mexico is one of our main trading partners why do we need to start a trade war with them when we don't need to. Just quadruple the border security and remove the corporate tax(will incentivize businesses to stay in the US and not move out of the country).
-Warmongering.Unless we are under imminent danger or one of our allies request our assistance(and congress approves the request of armed force) in a time of invasion/attack we should not be in any wars,conflicts,peacekeeping campaigns.
-Mass deportation of 11 million people is impractical and silly. Deportation of illegal immigrants that commit felonies is fine. A fine and a work visa.(Gary Johnson's immigration idea is pretty good)
-Massively lowering taxes is good. But libertarians are for total removal of the IRS and removal of the income/corporate tax with a flat sales tax.
-I agree for the most part on planned parenthood(except I don't believe in the state prohibiting abortion. I just don't want the state funding aborting with public tax money)
-Claiming he's for banning a religion from immigrating to the US.(I would be for a extremely high priority checks based on country of origin not a ban based on religion alone). More pandering but insane if he really wants to do that and it is not rhetoric to rally his base.
edit on 22-3-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

edit on 22-3-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added content

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

I agree, all his ideas are sheer folly. He sure does pass them off as legit, though. In between insulting members of his own party.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

That's his best case scenario, he's a salesmen, and that ain't good. Who trusts a salesmen? Either way, he uses racism, sexism, basically is a bully as a tool to sell himself so that leads me to think he's really just as he appears to be. Obviously, when on stage the BS rises to all new levels but deep down he's just a racist, sexist, jerk of a bully who mocks disabled people.

Never getting my vote or my respect.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

He's all of the above, nothing more than a snake oil salesman.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

That's his best case scenario, he's a salesmen, and that ain't good. Who trusts a salesmen? Either way, he uses racism, sexism, basically is a bully as a tool to sell himself so that leads me to think he's really just as he appears to be. Obviously, when on stage the BS rises to all new levels but deep down he's just a racist, sexist, jerk of a bully who mocks disabled people.

Never getting my vote or my respect.

Let me guess your voting for a Democrat or Republican.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Yes. He is playing their games and winning at them. It is like serious poker. When you sit down at a table, the immediate goal is not to win, but to judge your competition. Then, after you have categorized each players strategy and personality, you play their own game against them.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   

-Building a wall on the Mexican - US border is a dumb idea. It sends a horrible sign to the international community. We don't need walls.

Why not ? It is ILLEGAL to enter this country without becoming a citizen , right ? Federal Law.There is a reason for this , and it aint discrimination.
And what is sending a horrible sign to the international community ? France , UK , now Belgium (among others) have or are in process of closing off their borders. Even some countries in Africa. - Rhetoric

Where is the warmongering ?

-Mass deportation of 11 million people is impractical and silly.

Again , incorrect. It is exactly what Federal Immigration laws state should happen

-Massively lowering taxes is good. But libertarians are for total removal of the IRS and removal of the income/corporate tax with a flat sales tax.

Again , rhetoric filled. Not just libertarians . It was started by Libertarians , but is a growing movement. Worst fallacy of this that you stated - nowhere in the fair tax proposal does it state anything about removal of corporate taxes.Read it sometimes. On a real website.

Claiming he's for banning a religion from immigrating to the US.

Again , check out what your far left liberal friends in the far left European Countries are saying and doing as we speak. Not against a religion at all . Terrorist extremists.

In summation - Post filled with rhetoric and inaccuracies.
And isnt pandering to the base the num er one goal of any politician , anywhere in the world ?

edit on 5201631050320165 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Excellent point.

This is a sideshow to promote the Trump POTUS brand. The more they attack him the more they make him look like an "outsider". As planned.He already framed Cruz and a liar and a loser.

The biased left leaning media are actually helping him when they attack him.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Why not ? It is ILLEGAL to enter this country without becoming a citizen , right ? Federal Law.There is a reason for this , and it aint discrimination.

It is illegal. But the numbers of people here make mass deportation impractical to execute. A fine and having to pay backed taxes is enough. No voting unless your a citizen.No working without a work visa. No dragging people out of their homes.Felons get deported automatically.
And what is sending a horrible sign to the international community ? France , UK , now Belgium (among others) have or are in process of closing off their borders. Even some countries in Africa. - Rhetoric

walls are powerful symbols to the world. I don't want our symbol to the world to be a wall "saying don't come here we are insulated xenophobes".

Where is the warmongering ?
Every GOP candidate is warmongering including him.

-Mass deportation of 11 million people is impractical and silly.

Again , incorrect. It is exactly what Federal Immigration laws state should happen

Correct but its impractical to do so because of the numbers of immigrants here.Its better to just to fine them and have them wait for citizenship with a work visa.

Again , rhetoric filled. Not just libertarians . It was started by Libertarians , but is a growing movement. Worst fallacy of this that you stated - nowhere in the fair tax proposal does it state anything about removal of corporate taxes.Read it sometimes. On a real website.

www.ontheissues.org...
"But those mom-and-pop stores? The tech startups? The nimble new corporations with new ideas and new visions for our economy? They pay as much as 35 cents on every dollar they earn. When the company pays its employees, the government taxes that money again. We need to STOP TAXING WORK, savings and investment. I advocate REMOVING ALL INCOME TAXES, all capital-gains taxes, and replacing them with a consumption tax, kind of a NATIONAL SALES TAX called the Fair-tax."

"Throwing out the ENTIRE FEDERAL TAX SYSTEM and replacing it with a consumption tax, the FairTax, which would absolutely reboot the American economy because it DOES AWAY WITH THE CORPORATE TAX to create tens of millions of jobs in this country"

Claiming he's for banning a religion from immigrating to the US.

Again , check out what your far left liberal friends in the far left European Countries are saying and doing as we speak. Not against a religion at all . Terrorist extremists.
I am pretty center-right actually. Putting people under multiple checks(and denying people that fail the checks) from a list of countries that harbor terrorists is fine and rational.Even banning a countries citizens from coming into your country is fine.Just don't discriminate solely based on religion alone.Not all Muslims immigrants are violent jihadists.
In summation - Post filled with rhetoric and inaccuracies.
And isnt pandering to the base the num er one goal of any politician , anywhere in the world ?

The libertarians have a much better overall policy compared to the two party cartel. But it's OK if you want to support the authoritarian right(or authoritarian left democrats). I don't and never will.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Interesting observation. I think you've pretty much nailed it.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
The biased left leaning media are actually helping him when they attack him.

Who owns the major media channels?

Can you create a valid chain of ownership/political view in order to validate the efficacy of left leaning media influence?

Otherwise, it's a biased buzz phrase that you are using. Just saying.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
Trump is not a racist or sexist he's a pandering salesman. What he's doing is pandering to the right wing conservatives. He's telling them what they want to hear. He's making grand promises..

Why are the leaders of the Right Wing Conservatives trying to force Trump out of receiving the party nomination, if he's "pandering" to them?

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Look up the info and situation when Trump tried to build a HiRise near a Phoenix neighborhood. Look up how he dealt whith that situation. Thankfully, he was shut down.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Really does show that the MSM still has a firm grip on so many people... every thing you responded with is spot on.

He may be an ass, but he's not anything the MSM have claimed, and that so many people continue to repeat it ad nauseum, is shocking..

but then, politics.. it's not a fair battleground at all, and those who stand to lose their position of power will stoop to any low...
edit on 23-3-2016 by laminatedsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Let me know when you finally kick the dope. It's obvious by your posts that you're HAF

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Just going to leave this here

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I told you he was pandering.

This is confirmation of that fact. He's playing the game and selling us on hope and change just like Obama did.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I basically agree with everything you said. Of course he's pandering, he has to in order to keep advancing, so that's not as shocking as anyone else running for President. It's working so he's going to keep doing it. The problem is how is this two-party system going to be broken? A third party will never get that support to realistically win the white house. As much as I don't like Trump and I feel he needs to tone down the rhetoric and get real, he might serve some kind of purpose here. He shouldn't even be running under the Republican ticket and is extremely disruptive to the party, which I like seeing.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

I basically agree with everything you said. Of course he's pandering, he has to in order to keep advancing, so that's not as shocking as anyone else running for President. It's working so he's going to keep doing it. The problem is how is this two-party system going to be broken? A third party will never get that support to realistically win the white house. As much as I don't like Trump and I feel he needs to tone down the rhetoric and get real, he might serve some kind of purpose here. He shouldn't even be running under the Republican ticket and is extremely disruptive to the party, which I like seeing.

All a third party needs is a major media outlet to 10-20 million people.

Most people don't even know they exist because the MSM give them no play.

posted on Mar, 30 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I will NEVER understand why people can't figure that out.
You are correct of course.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join