It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do iphones 4,5,6 etc make a camera clicking noise on power off???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I was thinking about this not long ago. It's odd. But a lot of what you wonder about this make sense:

Apple: Garden of Edon The apple of the tree of knowledge

iphone: All seeing eye. That eye built into a phone. Thus the camera on the front and back.

So when you hold down the power button, generally speaking your looking at the screen to wait for it to power down. You hear the click of a camera going off. So it stands to reason that it's a way for Apple to take photos of everyone who's using there iphone. So likely for survallence and that kind of thing. The image gets sent to Apple. Facical recognition etc etc. Plus gps tracking so they know where you are at any given time. It's the next best thing to the mark of the beast.

But again it's all just a theory.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I think it is taking a screen shot. But your idea is interesting.

Maybe we should smile more often.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Quite simply to make it sound and feel like you have a real old fashioned 35 mm camera in your hands... probably...

Turn the phone to one side so it takes a picture of your cats bum the next time you are powering down if your theory niggles you...

Kindest respects

Lags

a reply to: lavatrance

edit on 22-3-2016 by Lagomorphe because: Word added because I am crap...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I think it's probably a hardware test of some kind, much like a pc that has to first clear the POST and make a beeping noise when it's done. The phone itself is probably not taking any photo's or screenshots.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Meh camera is kitty stuff. What's the "girl" called Siri ?? How do you think the phone hears you talk to Siri in the first place? Or your car or whatever. The "voice recognition" only works cause it's listening all the time.

And why would Apple give away the secret photo taking with a sound? ... When they could be watching the entire Time?

Mmmm.

edit on 22-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Why would they keep the sound on when making a pic?
The sound is not needed to make a pic nor is it caused by it, it is just a few lines of code and if they want to do it without anyone knowing it it wouldn't make sense to trigger that sound

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbass
The sound is not needed to make a pic nor is it caused by it, it is just a few lines of code and if they want to do it without anyone knowing it it wouldn't make sense to trigger that sound

Like I said earlier on : The sound is made to make you feel like you have a real camera in your hands... Marketing at is best.

Remember the click of good old fashioned cameras?

Kindest respects

Lag

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I don't know why they chose that sound but it can be a little awkward in public. Like say you're standing in line somewhere behind a member of the fairer persuasion while checking the new threads on ATS to kill time, you black out the phone and she turns around and gives you the "did you just take a picture of me!?" Look.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Maybe it is a clue?

Given that this is a conspiracy question it could be said that the evil overlords implementing this plan are mocking us by knowing that we are feeble and inferior and enjoy the joke?

As to the OP and the apple/knowledge and Iphone/all seeing eye this is an interesting observation and reminded me that Face Book Incorporated's initials are FBI...

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   

It makes a sound so you don't have to look at it to confirm that it's powering down. There's probably a hack somewhere that will let you change the sound to Siri saying "good night."

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Turn the phone to one side so it takes a picture of your cats bum the next time you are powering down if your theory niggles you...

I second this. I would almost wish this was true just to start the cat butt movement.

It would be satisfying to know it was someone's job to sift through the cat butts.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Cat butts won't show facial recognition.. So no hits :p

Even faces on t shirts don't facial recognize most of the time.

Ever been in Facebook?

Cat butts won't have a "do you want to tag me" square whatever thing..

Data collected. Of course I was in army and DHS so they might have be down to my DNA lol. Least fingerprints/face/background/psychology/work history/friends/family/addresses/blah blah blah

Not that it matters.

a reply to: BarefootInWinter

edit on 22-3-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
You can go into Sounds in Settings and turn off the locking sound and key clicks for that matter.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
My cats bum recognises my face every time he passes in front of me waving his tail and letting off pungent cat farts...

Evil bugger...

Kindest respects

Lag

a reply to: Reverbs

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Your cat shows dominance.

He probably works along with the devil googling your googly eyes with the rear view camera.

Sadly you won't gain back your power.

Pussies always win.

And when Apple (original logo has a bite out if the apple.. Comes to take it's price as your soul. Kitty sitting pretty smiling on your downfall.

Bad kitty .

Hahahaha ok sorry what in the world dud I write????

a reply to: Lagomorphe

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

It's not the sound of a camera (you can take a picture with the phone and realize that they're different sound files)...it's the sound of a latch clicking shut to simulate that you just closed your phone.

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hence the reason why they won't help the FBI. A corporate power house like Apple feels like and they are more superior to any government agency. Apples intelligence is just as valuable as any other intelligence that any government agencies has them self. Every apple costumer is obviously being totally ripped off and the company only depends on selling their product off of there brand name. So not onlying are apple owners just costumers there die hard loyal slaves to the Apple product. Apples intelligence from tech to profiling their loyal costumer isn't something there gonna just give away to the FBI, why would they. To me it seems they are playing an innocent role in the whole letting the FBI into that one iphone of a terrorists and also being demanded that future iphones have a back door put into them just in case the law needs to get involved. Apple is using our freedom as an excuse to stalk and monitor everybody that owns anything apple. Having that much personal Intel on that many people in the world??? I dont think anybody with half a brain would give that up. The media is only covering part of what the FBI and apples motives are. For the FBI to face off against apple in anything is a joke. Apple is one of the biggest corporations in America and in the world you think they'd give the little ol FBI Intel like that?? I dont think so, besides the corporations run America right??? # apple your the devil!!!! Flip phones for life!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

it's the sound of a latch clicking shut to simulate that you just closed your phone...

...and sent your latest profile picture to their database

I think OP`s theory is not so far-fetched. Seems like Apple is generating a lot of interest lately from various organisations...hmm I wonder why? Perhaps they want access to a sophisticated surveillance system?

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It's not a camera sound, it's a lock sound.

Every time you areusing the Power On/ Off button to lock the iPhone 6, you will hear a sound that announces you that the lock screen is activated. If you lock the iPhone 6 often manually, then this lock-soundannoys you after a short time. So it can be that one would like to disable this sound when locking the iPhone 6. If you do not know how this works in iOS, then we would like to explain this in our article here.

To do this, navigate to the following submenu of your iPhone 6:

From the home screen of the iPhone 6 go to: Settings --> Sounds

Scroll all the way down in this submenu. Here you will find the option "Lock sounds". Disable the option via the controller.

When you activate the lock screen on your iPhone 6 using the Power On/ Off button you will now hear no sound.

link

posted on Mar, 22 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

In some places (Korea for sure) ... the picture shutter sound is a legal requirement.

-shrugs

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join