It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror Alert for London, tomorrow or very soon (22 march 2016) ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Weird no one posted this yet, or I didnt look properly?

This morning I got a message from a friend (she had received it from someone else) saying to avoid traveling on the tube (metro) tomorrow Tuesday 22nd march, cause the police is on high alert.
Quote: "Don't travel on the tubes tomorrow, every single police officer has been called into work from 4 am onwards. Even people on holiday are being told to catch the next flight home. They think theres a terror threat and that it will happen on the tubes tomorrow around the west end area.(....)"
I thought it as one of those sensational chain mail messages.
Later on I checked on the news at work and a few things popped up. All posted today.

London braced for 'ten simultaneous terror attacks' in wake of Paris atrocities

SAS prepare for radioactive dirty bomb in London amid fears of 'spectacular' ISIS attack

London on alert for up to 10 terror attacks at once

I hate the way media spreads panic, as it just feeds on the general paranoia and doesnt help at all, that's what 'they' want anyway.
It could be just a way to divert attention to whats really going on, or to check public reaction, who knows.

But If any one in London reading this, stay safe, you just never know.
Peace and love ya'll

edit on 21/3/16 by athousandlives because: Added more text from message I received

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

Prepare for cultural enrichment

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am not saying that I would dismiss this threat but they seem to come out with a new one every week and nothing happens, its kind of turning into the boy who cried wolf also they have not increased the JTAC threat level.

Also, is it just me or do the Express seem to pop the acronym "SAS" in every headline there could be a story about a littler of puppies and the title would be "Ex-SAS vet delivers puppies" its getting pathetic.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The Express loves spreading the fear and in fact was founded upon that principal.

And The Times of Israel? Wouldn't believe a word that comes from there.

The Telegraph just seems to be jumping on the bandwagon

Correction, is was the The Daily Mail that was founded on bullsh*t, The Daily Express is still an awful source though.
edit on -180002016-03-21T13:29:18-05:000000001831201618032016Mon, 21 Mar 2016 13:29:18 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   

True, I know they issue warnings every other day now.
But it was that coupled with the message i got this morning that made me think twice before dismissing it.
Anyways, hope its nothing

Also, is it just me or do the Express seem to pop the acronym "SAS" in every headline there could be a story about a littler of puppies and the title would be "Ex-SAS vet delivers puppies" its getting pathetic.

Hey it's the Express, what do you expect? lol

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Wonder if it's connected to the 6 black attack choppers that flew over my head in the south this morning.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

Was it Apache's, not the final flypast of Sea King's over the South West today?
Link

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

All very good and valid points, I kind of feel a bit foolish even posting this thread, as it's exactly the sort of stuff I usually groan about in the news.
I have no way of knowing who started that text I received this morning, and what, if any, info they have on what the police are really preparing for.
Let's all just hope it's nothing.
Although let's be honest, it's not unlikely that something will happen sooner or later, wether be it 'terrorists', or false flag or just some nutcase.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Could this have something to do with the new movie "London Has Fallen" ?

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Apache, I believe. They definitely weren't Sea Kings. They were much sleeker. I thought our Sea Kings were red and white?

Anywho, they were badass. I was in awe. Very low, very loud. I wanted a video, but ended up just watching the show.

5 of them travelled in a chevron formation, like a windshear, while the sixth circled the formation, seemingly on watch.

Not to detract from the terror threat, but it was very very cool.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SlowNail

...and not to detract from the thread topic myself, I bet it was cool to see them. I was loving the Sea Kings flying over today saying their goodbye, the noise, ah that sound!

On-topic though, I remember reading a similar thread about a year ago and nothing happened. I imagine if it just a lame social media thing, and to be honest, it's getting boring now.
I wasn't scared when the IRA was bombing us, and I'm not scared these days. More people get killed by lightning each year in the UK than by terrorism, and I don't piss my pants in a thunderstorm lol.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
its kind of turning into the boy who cried wolf also they have not increased the JTAC threat level.

Well, the newspapers are always crappy, it's obvious that their mindset is that we are all stupid.
Mind you though, the current level is 'Severe'..meaning an attack is highly likely, there is only 'Critical' after that, meaning that you are probably on your way to heaven by the time you would read it.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Near as I can tell, the vanishingly small fraction of actual terrorists + the currently empowered political, social and economic interests that actually rule the west jointly create all of the terror in a desperate bid to remain relevant in a world that, frankly, doesn't need them anymore.

That isn't to say that there aren't bad people who are willing to kill and maim and cause terror to get their way. On the contrary: they work together informally because without each other, they'd be less than nothing.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Mind you though, the current level is 'Severe'..meaning an attack is highly likely, there is only 'Critical' after that, meaning that you are probably on your way to heaven by the time you would read it.

Lol, true.
I just keep my own 'state of alert' perception as the one that will save my life. I'm more concerned about some robbing bastard trying to do me over on the way home from the pub than I am about terrorism.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

SO19 would be all over them like a rash if this was credible, 10 at the same time? yeah right. If anything were to happen i don't think there would be advance notice
edit on 2016-03-21T14:53:53-05:002016Mon, 21 Mar 2016 14:53:53 -0500bMonday5303America/Chicago162 by corblimeyguvnor because: typo

edit on 2016-03-21T14:57:05-05:002016Mon, 21 Mar 2016 14:57:05 -0500bMonday5703America/Chicago162 by corblimeyguvnor because: grammar

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ove38

Hope not, I have very reliable sources saying that's probably one of the worst and ridiculous films in recent memory.
Plot, acting and CGI wise.
I've just seen the trailer, and have to agree that in this case they are probably right.

Then again, the movies are just a sign of the times we live in I guess.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives
a reply to: Ove38

Hope not, I have very reliable sources saying that's probably one of the worst and ridiculous films in recent memory.
Plot, acting and CGI wise.
I've just seen the trailer, and have to agree that in this case they are probably right.

Then again, the movies are just a sign of the times we live in I guess.

Guess you were not around to watch the original Godzilla or King Kong movies then ........ talk about plot and acting ...... at least CGI helps in this day and age, don't diss it

On topic, i call bs on 10 attacks at the same time, unless the Gov want a false flag to cover the budget disability allowance fiasco

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Those links does NOT say that the police are expecting terrorist attacks.... they do say that the police is now able to handle 10 simultaneous attacks should they ever occur. BIG difference.

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Lol, true.
I just keep my own 'state of alert' perception as the one that will save my life. I'm more concerned about some robbing bastard trying to do me over on the way home from the pub than I am about terrorism.

I get ya! Having lived in N.Ireland since before 'the troubles' started here, I ran the Gauntlet many times during the unrest, having been shot at once and feeling the draught of the bullet past my ear, almost buried beneath a building that was blown up about ten seconds before I passed...(that was a close one as I was in a tiny Spitfire at the time) and I forget how many times being evacuated from a gig because of bomb 'scares'...many of which were real.
So, I guess my guardian angel has saved me many times...but he sure as hell liked to scare the crap out of me as well, and unlike OSOTC, it never turns into the boy who cried wolf for me, any warning, I am out of there!

posted on Mar, 21 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Lol, true.

I get ya! Having lived in N.Ireland since before 'the troubles' started here, I ran the Gauntlet many times during the unrest, having been shot at once and feeling the draught of the bullet past my ear, almost buried beneath a building that was blown up about ten seconds before I passed...(that was a close one as I was in a tiny Spitfire at the time) and I forget how many times being evacuated from a gig because of bomb 'scares'...many of which were real.
So, I guess my guardian angel has saved me many times...but he sure as hell liked to scare the crap out of me as well, and unlike OSOTC, it never turns into the boy who cried wolf for me, any warning, I am out of there!

The Spitfire was a car i take it? no Merlin engines on your beast?
edit on 2016-03-21T15:29:36-05:002016Mon, 21 Mar 2016 15:29:36 -0500bMonday2903America/Chicago163 by corblimeyguvnor because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join