It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Release Number: STScI-2016-03 Hubble Unveils a Tapestry of Dazzling Diamond-Like Stars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
March 16th, 2016
Diamonds in the Sky
www.airspacemag.com...

News Release Number: STScI-2016-03
Hubble Unveils a Tapestry of Dazzling Diamond-Like Stars
Trumpler 14
hubblesite.org...

Image: NASA/ESA/J.

Link to large image

This image came to my attention when my boyfriend asked if I had seen it yet. He sent me the first URL. I can't figure out what it could be. I went to Hubble's website hoping to either confirm this image or debunk it. As you can see I did find it on Hubble's website. It does not appear to be something hanging off from Hubble. Maybe a satellite orbiting Earth, I doubt it. I just really do not know. I am asking anyone out there if you have a good idea what it is to please post. I really want to get to the bottom of this. When I enlarged the object it looked definitely foreign to the surrounding area.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Stari

Sorry, I'm of no help, but it's interesting, and I added the site to my favorite's list, so thanks! I will be curious to see what other members think. Where are our physicists when we need them?

edit on 3/18/2016 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Well I did just post this, so let's give everyone a chance to get home from work and then see the post and then probably do some research of their own.

I am sure we will here from everyone.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

It's star cluster trumpler 14. And I believe thus image was released by ESA if I remeber correctly I have it as a screen saver on my laptop.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Kind of unnatural-looking eh?

Something of alien origin?

Craft, probe, "space junk". Living organism?

The stars are cool, but the object is intriguing to say the least.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Thanks for posting I have never seen anything so unnatural looking among-st the stars.. There may be another similar apparition on the far right edge just partly recorded..

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Carina_Nebula.jpg
edit on 18 3 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I don't know what it actually is, but I know what I want to call it.

Celestial guitar.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I see there is another similar spot on the right side of the pic. It looks like it is coming from behind the respective stars because i can see light in front of the objects. I know nothing about photography though, so it may just be a pic anomaly.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

Thank you for posting the Link to another image of the same stars. I could not find that object in that image, did you?

Nice find Skywatcher.
edit on 18-3-2016 by Stari because: Updated image link

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stari
a reply to: skywatcher44

Thank you for posting the Link to another image of the same stars. I could not find that object in that image, did you?

Nice find Skywatcher.

Not the one you have embedded..

en.wikipedia.org...

If you go to the two Gallery pictures on that Wiki link and click you get a closer zoom able view.
edit on 18 3 2016 by skywatcher44 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18 3 2016 by skywatcher44 because: Added Link

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I downloaded the high res image of the Carina Nebula from the Wiki page referenced in the posts above. Hunting around I found another "thing" that looked similar. First pic is of the "Thing" The second pic shows the area where it can be found on the original. Might just be a spot of "missing image data" who knows?

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: EdwardDrake
I downloaded the high res image of the Carina Nebula from the Wiki page referenced in the posts above. Hunting around I found another "thing" that looked similar. First pic is of the "Thing" The second pic shows the area where it can be found on the original. Might just be a spot of "missing image data" who knows?

The image is a composit of three different pictures the black spot is caused by the three colors combined as you look through the nebula. A regular telescope wouldn't even see that spot because it doesn't show in visual spectrum.

posted on Mar, 19 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The Hubble website says it's a nodule of dust and gas.

This page from the website gives more information about that image.
Hubble Unveils a Tapestry of Dazzling Diamond-Like Stars

Excerpt from the link:

ABOUT THIS IMAGE:

Resembling an opulent diamond tapestry, this image from NASA's Hubble Space Telescope shows a glittering star cluster that contains a collection of some of the brightest stars seen in our Milky Way galaxy. Called Trumpler 14, it is located 8,000 light-years away in the Carina Nebula, a huge star-formation region. Because the cluster is only 500,000 years old, it has one of the highest concentrations of massive, luminous stars in the entire Milky Way. (The small, dark knot left of center is a nodule of gas laced with dust, and seen in silhouette.)

[Color emphasis mine]

edit on 3/19/2016 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Thank you for helping figure this out. I knew there had to be a good reason for it. Good Job Soylent Green Is.

new topics

top topics

join