It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head's Up: Some design updates are happening shortly....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Too few images, and too depressing, If Im on BTS you have me looking at 911 debris, that's not good for my emotional state.

Can BTS be neutral?
I don't come to ATS for police brutality images , terror, blah blahk, it's bad enough reading about it, let alone visually being assailed by it.

Don't hate me.
But I hate depressing images.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I like the background images, but the side sections kind of dominate the site. The middle area where you actually post and read posts feels way too small. I'm finding it difficult to read and focus because my peripheral vision keeps trying to focus on the massive left and right side images. Maybe it's just my Opera browser, which seems to be incompatible with 99% of websites these days, but it feels like the actual website area could stand to be stretched out a little bit.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

....it's also the case that a different image briefly seen in full every time a page is loaded creates stress at the subliminal level with regards to the mind trying to evaluate the briefly seen entire image, thus to browse this site now would be to put oneself through a torture session, it's all about not being able to see the bigger picture.

This!

I think the background-images are supposed to remind the writers and readers that we're not here to have fun. And it works, indeed. I do have less fun, but I'm not quitting my trolling unless the background-pictures are getting a bit more disturbing.

Bad taste never dies...unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I like the new design. But there are somethings that break with the new design. The reply window is rounded, would be nice if that was squared as well. In my opinion that would look much better over all.

The link boxes at the top such as rss, pm, flagged, new etc. is rounded. Maybe they should be squared as well. Just to get the over all look and feel.

Good job btw

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I'm miserable. This looks awful having to see these background/side images! I hate it!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I feel like I got left behind here. My screen looks insane. The avatars are just duplicAted over and over and things seem out of place.

I'm on an LG tablet. Oh well ill just deal with it until the next change.

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

S/o why do you do this to yourself buddy , all this constant work with the code to keep this place ahead of the curve and modern .

Then ten minutes later someone will make a thread about why the old way was much better , just like 10 years ago on version 2.0

Thank you to all the backroom boys/girls for all the hard work that 99.8 % do not have a clue about

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Now I understand. This is cool. I'm looking forward to seeing how creative you all can get!

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
How much wood...

...could a woodchuck chuck...

...if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

edit on 12-3-2016 by Bybyots because: ?

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK
I feel like I got left behind here. My screen looks insane. The avatars are just duplicAted over and over and things seem out of place.

I'm on an LG tablet. Oh well ill just deal with it until the next change.

My avatar that gets elongated with a long post actually looks pretty, it's all roses. The only side image on the pages I like is the outer space with stars one. Otherwise It's driving me insane and very distracting and hard to concentrate on the content. I'm freaking out in the shed thread. LOL OMG! The shed has an image of magic and enchantment and story telling and lots of chit chat too, but it completely ruined our image. We have elves and dragons and fairies and other beasties and beings then on the sides you see something political or something ugly as hell and some things, I don't even know what they are. It's like trying to watch a movie that's part fantasy, part political. Like...what?

With all my complaining I'm going to ruin my Angel image here. LOL

posted on Mar, 12 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Like the new look.
In fact i'm finally going to get round to whitelisting you guys now,
You can have my 2 cents

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Just some positive feed back ...

Having had numerous pc/laptop failures, I am reduced to android only.

Whilst hating on androids, I must say that you have done a great job - from a user pov.

Thanks for your efforts in keeping this site moving in the right direction.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord

It's not like this has been a big surprise.

A very popular thread: Member Photoshop Contest: Forum Backgrounds and Sharing; Show Off Your Talent!, has been signaling the arrival of such background for a long time. Based mostly on the very positive response to the new backgrounds on the site home and forums home, and member's asking if we can have a unique image for each forum.

I hadn't seen that thread, I haven't any talent in Photoshop, so I wouldn't have clicked on it.

But that's fine, if everyone else loves it- I'm all for democracy! If it bothers me too much there are lots of sites on the web. I didn't mean to be a complainer- I just thought you guys would want to see all the different kinds of reactions of feedback. Even in the case of negative, if people don't expose it to you, then what if you suddenly have a huge drop in traffic? You'd have no hint as to why!

But obviously that won't happen here because of this, I am in a minority. I am just explaining why I put out there even my negative reactions. I was trying to participate in a constructive manner.

But worse is, I don't know if it is due to these images or what, but the loading time is getting absolutely frustrating and when it times out while I was trying to post something I spent thirty minutes writing... it is makes me jump up like a chimp in rage.

It's not my computer or internet connection either, because it is only this site, and since yesterday morning.
edit on 13-3-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
Whilst hating on androids, I must say that you have done a great job - from a user pov.

Ditto on this, it is immeasurably more useable and aesthetically pleasing. I only use my phone for reading, it helps me keep up, but even on that level it is sooooooooooooooo much friendlier.

We're getting a much more conspiracy feel again, I feel. Which I am all for.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
On my cell - Android - I don't see the background images you guys are talking about?
I have all the ads and repeating avatars, but no background or side images.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Also suffering from shocking page load times or complete failures to load.

(Australia, Win 8.1, Chrome)

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People
Looks good!

S.O. --
Just for shigs and gittles, you should post the changes to this site's graphic look over the years... a sort of "ATS site design museum".

I bet those early pages looked like stone tablet carvings or scribbles on papyrus scrolls compared to the slick looks webpages have now.

Check out the thread I made on ATS over the years and the wayback machine..

ATS from January 1st 2006 the conspiracy world a decade ago today. link

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

So anyone experiencing short-term wonkiness will know why.

Making several tweaks to the overall look-and-feel. More modern, less rounded corners.

And a surprise for desktop users.

Stay tuned.

How did you become the owner of ATS?

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

Making several tweaks to the overall look-and-feel. More modern, less rounded corners.

Stay tuned.

posted on Mar, 13 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: tony9802

Stay tuned.

Bahahahaha! Good one! May the force be with you!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join