It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They prefer boys in Afghnistan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Medicator

It is cowardice and fear that prevents people from speaking out against the maltreatment of women and the rapes of children and small and docile animals. It takes a particularly shallow mind to insult those who are brave enough to step forward and recognize and speak out against what is going on. Indeed, in today's world, it is actually brave to call a rapist a rapist, even if he happens to be Muslim, a protected species.

Sometimes Arabs are just SOB's and POS, like the rest of world. Face it. Otherwise I consider that you, like those cowards who remain reticent on this subject, are condoning it.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The ME, especially Afghanistan, is a brutal and barbaric place. We should stop allowing moderates to immigrate from there. They need to stay and fix it. They need to stop insanity like this. Moderates need to usher in sweeping reformation to prove to the rest of the world that Islam is not simply an outdated, dysfunctional, abusive cult. We should pull our troops out, write them checks for each road, school and hospital they finish rebuilding and try to forget we were ever there.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I trust that is said tongue in cheek because otherwise it would mean you are condoning this behaviour just because it is acceptable in their culture. The problem is no good and decent person wants that kind of warped mind coming into Europe and if that makes me xenophobic then I am glad because to turn a blind eye is just unthinkable!a reply to: Medicator

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
If they are gay then they should just be brave enough to say it. I'm sure there will be some young men who have come to Europe precisely because they dont want to suppress their sexuality and that is fine in Europe and for those that have come here because of that they are welcome BUT there are many who quite clearly just see their sexual needs as having to be fulfilled regardless of who they hurt or destroy. The 10 year old boy who was assaulted. That guy was married and it had nothing to do with being gay but an unhealthy interest in children who are powerless. They should bloody castrate the filth as well as any western men or women who destroy children's innocence.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
As a woman I do blame some of the women from this culture for allowing this to be seen as acceptable. Here in the West we have just as many sexual deviants and perverts but at least it isnt condoned andt seen as normal

These children break my heart. I dont care what culture or creed a child is from I hsve a maternal instinct as a woman that just wants to hold them all and keep them safe. This should burn just as strong in the women in Afghanistan afterall this could be their child this could happen to. They should group together collectively and if they dont feel strong enough to confront men then they should at least be with these children at the playgrounds etc so that no man can approach any of the children.a reply to: anxiouswens

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta
a reply to: flammadraco
a reply to: enlightenedservant
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Avicenne

I have Respectfully brought you to this Thread to Know Your Opinions on the Matter, If you do not want to reply -- that is understandable.

Please Shed Some Light on This Topic as I am Confused Why This Is. (Please Correct My Ignorant Reply on the Matter from My Earlier)

(Link Here is from an Old Thread --> Muslim Speaking Out!) This is Where I Brought You Gentlemen Over From.

Regards,

SK

edit on th41Fri, 11 Mar 2016 09:41:59 -0600K201635931am3 by SirKonstantin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I was raised a Catholic and I was in two parishes where pedo priests had worked their evil ways on boys, so I am definitely not going to pretend there is not a problem in Christianity.

I get the local newspaper from my hometown online, and I saw a story about the well liked priest that was in the local Catholic parish for 30 years. He (now deceased) was named in the probe of the Johnstown, PA (I believe) diocese. Investigating other abuses in the diocese, authorities found records indicating that the diocese knew about, covered up and kept priests in positions where they could continue to molest children.
The local priest that I was familiar with was implicated in a case where he had had sex with a 17 year old girl that was in a vulnerable situation.
Here is a link to the Grand Jury report on the Johnstown Diocese investigation:
scribd.com
They knew about it, covered it up and left it continue... Some people need to sue the pants off of them and send them to jail!

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: markosity1973

Most of what I see is not true gay behaviour, it's enforced sex slavery and men who are so sexually repressed that they are going for the old 'any port in a storm' mentality.

No...it's because of their Good Book

And they will be given to drink a cup whose mixture is of ginger, a fountain within Paradise named Salsabeel. There will circulate among them young boys made eternal. When you see them, you would think them scattered pearls. And when you look there, you will see pleasure and great dominion — Qur’an 76:17-20

I hope you posted this un-knowingly .

but thats from sura "al-insaan" or "the human" .

the word "valdaan" in the verse actually means young boys and girls and Arabic language is so twisted that some words have several meanings .

now whats this verse talking about ? it says that those who believed in the lord and whose who have done good will receive the best of everything from the hands of young boys and girls - referring to "hoori" or angels of the heaven - and there will be great pleasure .

so the young boys word here is not an invitation to molest kids . in fact if you had the least possible knowledge about Islam you'd know that Islam has the most strict rules about sexual intercourse .

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: haman10

Haman, I know it pisses off Muslims when we call them "sexually oppressed", but honestly, I've never seen anything like it! Part of growing up and reaching adulthood is learning to control emotions and behaviors, and it looks like Muslim men have been given a 'pass' in retaining adolescent behaviors and moods, by putting it off on the females.

Studies have shown that even in nudist colonies, and nude beaches, that one eventually grows immune to seeing the opposite sex naked., and it's no big deal.

Surely to Allah Muslim men can adjust to smelling a woman's hair without going batsh!t crazy. It's actually ridiculous to think they can't. Of course they can. They just don't want to.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Afghan cultural predilection for boys has nothing to do with Islam though. Folks are conflating two unconnected things.

Yes, there is a cultural predilection in Afghanistan for grown men to be with little boys. 'A woman for duty but a boy for pleasure', as the saying goes. And I think every Western serviceman has been shocked by what they've seen in Aghanistan in this regard.

The ancient Greeks had a similiar cultural standard, women were seen as being for duty, while young male lovers were taken for pleasure and the finer things in life. If you were Spartan, it was pretty much expected that you'd have a young boy as a lover. (Something they somehow didn't mention in that 300 movie.)

Anyways. I'm not saying it's anything other than unbelievably abusive, but it's not anything to do with Islam or religion.

It's probably got more to do with the cultural standards enforced on women, and how men aren't allowed to hang out with women. But they are allowed to hang out with young boys.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I agree and I don't believe child molestation is condoned in general by Islam, even though their prophet engaged in it.
Mohammed's ancient behavior does, however, provide them with a convenient modern day excuse.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Great reply. I was just thinking of writing something along those same lines.

I

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Thank you.

And yes, the Mohammad thing does provide something to point an angry finger at. But of course it conveniently forgets that it was not even remotely uncommon in the ancient world for young girls to be married off to older men in every culture and religion.

According to ancient Jewish tradition, Mary was probably about 12 when she was betrothed to Joseph.

Which almost certainly means she became pregnant with Jesus while she was still what we would today call a child. So is God a pedophile? Of course not. Different culture, different morals.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't disagree with what you posted, however, the problem for me is that is seems the leaders of the religion are not taking a proactive role in stopping this behavior.

In my role as an advocate for those that are sexually molested or abused, I can't even hint at the fact that there may be victims in the Islamic community, that may need protection or care.

I am not saying that other religions don't have victims in their community, but all of them, even if it is just to put on a good face, are co-operative with allowing us to provide teaching to their community, and to offer assistance.

If you dare to bring up taking the message to the Islamic community, you are told that it is forbidden, because we have to be culturally sensitive. I get that. That is why it is imperative that the leaders of the Islamic community make this behavior know as unacceptable, and stop it from continuing.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
this has nothing to do with islam and has more to do with ancient persian, indian and greek culture and traditions from thousands of years before islam even existed.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Which almost certainly means she became pregnant with Jesus while she was still what we would today call a child. So is God a pedophile? Of course not. Different culture, different morals.

Again. I get that. And again, this doesn't excuse the behavior when the morals and culture conflict with those of the country in which they live.

You can make an argument that, this behavior is normal and acceptable in the Country A. However if this same behavior is punishable by death in Country B, then it is not a valid excuse, when the behavior is done in Country B, and the perpetrator will by law be put, justifiably, to death.

It doesn't matter what I believe is right or wrong. If the behavior is protected in one country and punished in another, the law of the land is what determines the guilt and the punishment. Even if it is condoned, encouraged, or forbidden for religious reasons.

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I agree, it is quite shameful that the religious/moral/civil authorities in Afghanistan are unconcerned with it.

They just don't see it as a problem, probably because it's always been that way, and probably because the clerics quite enjoy having boys too. Or at least they recognise they'd lose their power and influence if they tried to stop a practice that is enjoyed by many.

But this I think is where we run into the problem of trying to impose modern Western cultural standards onto places that have not evolved down the same path we took. Just as we think the plight of these boys is terrible, they look at the way our womenfolk parade around, say cheerleaders for example, and think that's terrible.

So what's the answer? I don't know. It's up to the Afghans to decide if this cultural role of boys is acceptable or not.

I think it is however quite reasonable to say that when people visit a country they respect the dominant social and cultural mores. So if an Afghan visits here, I'd expect them to conform to European standards. So I guess if I visited Afghanistan, I'd just have to accept that this is how Afghans behave?

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
this has nothing to do with islam and has more to do with ancient persian, indian and greek culture and traditions from thousands of years before islam even existed.

Yeah, I don't think there is anything new about this, or that it's specific to one culture.

Didn't soldiers take young boys with them to battle?

It may have even been considered an honor to be chosen at one time.

EDIT: not that I in anyway support this, I don't. Just that what we are horrified by today, may have been considered normal in another time.

edit on 11-3-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: haman10

Haman, I know it pisses off Muslims when we call them "sexually oppressed", but honestly, I've never seen anything like it! Part of growing up and reaching adulthood is learning to control emotions and behaviors, and it looks like Muslim men have been given a 'pass' in retaining adolescent behaviors and moods, by putting it off on the females.

Studies have shown that even in nudist colonies, and nude beaches, that one eventually grows immune to seeing the opposite sex naked., and it's no big deal.

Surely to Allah Muslim men can adjust to smelling a woman's hair without going batsh!t crazy. It's actually ridiculous to think they can't. Of course they can. They just don't want to.

well mate i really don't wanna go there cause it changes the subject but answer this question honestly : when young men go to the beach in US, is it merely to have fun or do they also intend to see some pretty girls and pick em up too? I'm asking a genuine question here cause i really don't know what's the case. I live in a semi-conservative Muslim community.

But i really think you're wrong. If you are right and its natural to be raised in such communities then why is there so many rape cases so many child molestation and so many incestuous sexual activities in western world?

Take Hollywood for example. Most movies have at least a scene of sexual intercourse in them. Are kids supposed to watch them? Do you think that age-restriction labels will stop kids from seeing those movies? I am a doctor mate and i am well aware of psychiatric effects of these movies on kids

All in all, I believe that everyone is entitled to their way of life and their culture. You might find mine prude and i can find yours a little slutty
just kidding.

To answer your question : yes people can go batshi*t crazy sometimes

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
It's a well know thing "man love thursday" amongst deployed service members over in Afghanistan. I'm not sure about the specifics but its as if they get a "free pass" on gay sexual activity on thursday's on account of extreme sexual frustration. Absolutely disgusting to say the least. I saw recently a story of a man (in a position of authority) was basically raping another man and got caught by his peer's so they threw the raped man off of a roof for his wickedness. Totally a screwed up place where life and morals are cheap in the desert.

any links to confirm? this is insane!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join