It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damien

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Well, I wanted to like it. The omen movies scared the crap out of me as a kid but this wasn't great...although there were some cool elements and the music was especially good.

I dunno if it's terrible casting or absolute genius to make the Antichrist a hipster but they did.

Am gonna wait for a couple more episodes before I outright hate it but I'm not expecting much. In fact, if it manages to even make it to a second season without being cancelled I'll be quite surprised.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I got to watch the original Gregory Peck "The Omen" the day "Damien" premiered. That was good...
The fact that they made two theatrical sequels one of which had Jesus appear while Damien (played by a pre Jurassic Park Sam Neil) is dying doesn't do the show any favors for those of us old enough to remember our groovy Devil flicks from the 70's and 80's.

Oh and I saw quite a few previews for the series. Wasn't impressed. It was more "whatever happened to Rosemary's Baby." Than the Omen. I voted to pass.
edit on 9-3-2016 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Bah. Nothing beats "The Exorcist".

People were having heart attacks in the aisles of theatres.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

The exorcist still scares me now. I dunno why, it's not even that frightening there's just something about it that really messes with my head.

edit on 9-3-2016 by MagnaCarta2015 because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

The exorcist still scares me now. I dunno why, it's not even that frightening there's just something about it that really messes with my head.

Well, for my part, having experience with psychosis, I don't doubt that Satan exists, but that's another thread entirely.

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

oh, the exorcist! poor mr research...scared him so bad he had to sleep with the light on, and we couldn't buy a 2 story house because....stairs....never made him go to another scary movie, some people are just not cut out to watch those!

I will finish this thread and then decide if I should watch this Damian series
edit on 10-3-2016 by research100 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 11 2016 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

I had high hopes for the series "Lucifer", but the thing never panned out.

SO much potential, so little fulfillment of it.

posted on May, 11 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Watched the whole of the first season. It wasn't bad overall.. definitely picked up the pace towards the end and the finale was decent. It's not even slightly scary but was interesting. Kinda cool to see Hershel from the walking dead as a bad guy.

Would quite like to see a 2nd season for it.
edit on 11-5-2016 by MagnaCarta2015 because: added info

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It has been cancelled.

posted on Jul, 11 2016 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Just watched the 1st episode and feel the same about it.

Try watching outcast, that is much better and kind of along the same lines.

new topics

top topics

join