It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible meteor's spotted headed east from the coast of florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Have been reading about the passing meteors and sure enough look east from the coast of Florida there are a minimum of 2 fast moving objects that are definitely out of the atmosphere. Going to try to get pics will post asap.

Ok they where moving way to fast to get pics please excuse the grammar and if I'm in the wrong forum. I wanted to get this up so others could possibly see it before it was gone.

From what I saw heading west to east possibly north/east 2 extremely bright white objects to fast to record or take pics of I had about 30s to 1 minute and didn't have my phone. When I got back out they appeared to either be dis appearing over the horizon or hitting the atmosphere.

I hope someone can confirm
edit on 3/4/2016 by 772STi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 772STi

Looking forward to the pics. Got any links from space weather or what not confirming the meteorites?

ETA : You edited while I was typing, that's too bad about the pics. Can't confirm from my location, hope others can.

edit on 4-3-2016 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Not to worry friend. It was the launch of the Space-X, Falcon 9, SES-9 mission.

Lift off was 6:35 EST.
edit on 3/4/16 by surfinguru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: surfinguru
Thank you for that information I live right on the water of the treasure coast I have seen many launches of the shuttle this looked nothing like that no smoke trail or fire ball and two objects actually 3 but the 3rd looked like a star. Do they use a different launch platform than the shuttle? I'm believe you 100% just didn't look like a normal launch

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If you hurry, you can still catch some of the live broadcast.

SES-9

Definitely not the same launch pad....
edit on 3/4/16 by surfinguru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Thank you for that link I can't believe I missed that. I only read the news here and never saw anything about the launch. Will to bet zapp posted it and I missed it. Must have saw it when it was way up after you see the fireball. I saw on the link it was I its 2nd stage over Africa? Does it release boosters shortly after launch like the shuttle thus explaining the two different objects seen?

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 772STi
...Does it release boosters shortly after launch like the shuttle thus explaining the two different objects seen?

Not boosters per se, but it was a two stage rocket. If you go to the link I provided, you can replay the webcast. There's a timeline across the bottom of the video that shows the stages of the launch so can match what you were seeing and when.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I can't thank you enough for all your help. I pulled these shots from the relplay and its exactly what I saw.

posted on Mar, 4 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I can't believe I didn't hear about this at work from the owners there usually on top of thing like this. Feel like an idiot. O well glad I got to see some of it, I got to bring my son up for the next launch so he can see and feel it, to bad he will never get to see the shuttle in person he's only 5 1/2. Well back to Friday night.

top topics

join