It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Police Implicated In Voter Fraud

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Two non-resident Police Officers in the Cleveland, Ohio suburb of Parma are registered as voters in Parma with the police Station listed as their home address. A third is a resident of that city. Ohio state law permits officers to remove their home addresses from drivers licenses to be replaced by the Police station address. It is not permitted on other state forms, however. An investigation of possible voter fraud is underway.The story from Saturday, January 08, 2005 can be read at ---
www.cleveland.com... sf?/base/cuyahoga/1105180287234380.xml
The first two paragraphs are quoted below.

Three police officers face possible prosecution because they listed their headquarters as home addresses to register to vote Nov. 2, city officials said.
Mayor Dean DePiero said personnel records show two of the officers actually live in other cities, making them ineligible to vote in Parma, where a $1.8 million police tax failed for a third time in November

A shorter version of the story was reported by the Ohio News Network. (ONN) This can be found at www.onnnews.com...
I suppose the reason for allowing the officers to remove their home addresses from their Drivers Licenses is a safety factor, since they do have contact with a criminal element who might decide an act of revenge might be in order.
However, there have been far too many questions of voter irregularities in this state this past election. This is a Department that has been plagued by controversy in the past. This is a felony that can result in jail and a fine if convicted. We depend on the police to uphold the law, not willfully violate it. I can not think of a good reason to commit voter fraud. At the very least, these three IF convicted of anything in connection with this, should lose their jobs. I would hope they are not permitted to plea-bargain to lesser charges,

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well, I have to disagree. It's understandable why the officers would list the police station as their home address, however this does pose a problem in voting in the correct city/precinct.

I doubt very much if they intended any fraud. There has got to be some type of compromise worked out for these officers. Maybe they can have an exception noted in their home town voting records, where their home addresses are not listed on the voting rolls.

This can't be the first time ever that an incident like this has happened. I wonder how other cities handle it?

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I've lived in Ohio my whole life! I KNEW this election was rigged. Especially, when the gallup poll didn't even show 1/16 for third parties! That's just disgusting.

join