It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bowing five times a day? That's muslim-yoga!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Please, don't shoot the messenger.

Bowing five times a day is a yoga-asana, IMHO. (Asana means posture.)

Yogis don't fight with guns and weapons of mass-destruction! They fight with concepts and arguments. And yoga-postures.

I'm just trying to take out too much seriousness out of this forum....'mkay?
edit on 26-2-2016 by Willingly because: Shalom!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
the other day i saw my wife taking a rug conveniently directed to the east and kneeling on it, she told me her back hurt and was doing "exercise" but i still have suspicions that she radicalized

I dunno what this tread is about though

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

the other day i saw my wife taking a rug conveniently directed to the east and kneeling on it, she told me her back hurt and was doing "exercise" but i still have suspicions that she radicalized I dunno what this tread is about though

It's about muslim-yoga, which means...kinda sorta...re-uniting with some kind of idea (concept)/divine-force that is driving ones "chariot", ones body-mind-complex.

And there are many many many ways to do so. That's one of the good parts in the Bhagavad-Gita's teachings, where Krishna is teaching Arjuna, in the middle of a battlefield, what spiritual truth is all about.

"If a dharma-path can not be walked anymore by my devotees, I will incarnate again to protect the (my) devotees from being messed with." - Some Bhagavad-Gita verse....(highly) paraphrased.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Willingly

Yep you should try it, submitting yourself to God is the most relaxing and heart calming experience ever.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Yep you should try it, submitting yourself to God is the most relaxing and heart calming experience ever.

Why would I want to submit myself to myself? And don't get me wrong, I don't "believe" in "God". I just try to hang around and be of service to those who might appreciate my take on things. That's all.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Their intentions are to respect Allah, in yoga the intention is to respect one's self... I guess? Personally I'm going back to meditation when I feel the time is right, yoga might be involved... I guess.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Their intentions are to respect Allah, in yoga the intention is to respect one's self...

Where is the difference? That's something I really wanna know.

Personally I'm going back to meditation when I feel the time is right, yoga might be involved... I guess.

Me-di-tat-I-on = I die self-realized.

Yoga = I try to get to know myself by using some means to do so.

More wine!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I find the path to know myself involves no wine, but you - you enjoy your wine.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I know this isn't meant to be taken seriously, so I won't rant or type a long post. But yes, there's a major difference in what we do and yoga. We're not just bowing 5 times a day, as you'll see from these videos. Here are 2 basic videos of an Islamic prayer.

There are different types of prayers with different lengths. Plus different denominations & schools of thought have their own variations of the prayers, such as hands placed on the stomach, chest, or by the sides during the rakats. We recite entire Surahs from the Qur'an during prayers, with some people reciting rather long ones. (The Qur'an is divided into 114 Surahs/Revelations instead of chapters.)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Just for the record, we don't pray towards the East. We pray towards the Kaaba in Mecca. So the direction will vary based on your location on the planet.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Let me ask you this: How and by what means can you discern "who is who and what is what" in your particular moshee, were you pray? What I'M asking is: How can you make sure that your prayers are not directed in the wrong direction?

I do understand that prayer, alone and in a group, can be a powerfull means to free the soul from suffering, by giving the soul, the atman, a purpose to engage in. But how, by what means, can you be sure you're not encouraging the wrong people to be utterly devoted to some idea and becomming violent about it?

Know what I mean?

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Furthermore, how can you know, by what means, that the scripture you submit to and honor a lot, is not partely impure and demonic?

We can not even be sure that the most basic messages given by some philosophers over the eons are still pure.

Any religious/spiritual scriptures that refer to any kind of warfare as being neccessary, are dangerous in nature, I think. That also applies for the bible and the Bhagavad-Gita. And it is proven by history that those scriptures can be and will be abused to justify violence.
edit on 26-2-2016 by Willingly because: Shalom!

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Muslim yoga? Naw, ya gotta memorize a bunch of mumbo-jumbo and your ole lady has to cover her head with a bag. No way man. I'm hanging with the Hindus.
edit on 26-2-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: I forgot?

edit on 26-2-2016 by HUMBLEONE because: Naw

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:30 PM
link   

which is east of ma home

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Muslim yoga? Naw, ya gotta memorize a bunch of mumbo-jumbo and your ole lady has to cover her head with a bag. No way man. I'm hanging with the Hindus

Who do you tell, companiero? I'm just trying to get some point across for the sake of Germany becomming Cuba (in mind/soul/heart, not in climate!).

Cuban Son - Son de la Loma:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Nope, don't know what you mean. There's literally nothing violent about our prayers, so I don't know what you're talking about there. Literally the most widely used Surah from the Qur'an is Al-Fatihah (The Opening), which we use in all of our prayers and in daily situations. It says this:

1. In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful.
2. Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds,
3. The Beneficent, the Merciful.
4. Master of the Day of Judgment,
5. Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help.
6. Show us the straight path,
7. The path of those whom Thou hast favoured; Not the (path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray

Qur'an 1, Al-Fatihah, Pickthall translation Check the link in my sig and look at the last 10 Surahs. They're all short (3-7 lines each) and are some of the most common Surahs said in our prayers after al-Fatihah.

As for finding out "who is who" in a mosque, how does any other group do that? How does a church, synagogue, or business discern if its members or employees are child abusers or have committed crimes? We're just people, you know.

And third, every mosque is built with the prayer area facing the Kaaba. It's a vital part of mosque architecture, even more important than a parking lot, for instance. And at home, we calculate that once then don't have to worry about it again. There are even apps and programs now that can help a person find the right direction.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Impure and demonic? LOL! Sorry but that's kind of funny. I'm guessing you've never actually read it, huh? The only way to know the truth about it is to read it yourself; otherwise, anyone can tell you anything about it. (I recommend the Pickthall translation for native English speakers because it's probably the easiest one to follow on a first read.)

Here's a tip which I alluded to in the other post: Read the Qur'an from the last Surah onwards (#114, then #113, then #112, etc). After the first Surah (Al Fatihah), it is basically arranged from the longest Surahs/Revelations to the shortest, with 114 in total. So you can probably read the shortest Surahs/Revelations in a matter of minutes. In fact, other than Surah 96, the last 22 Surahs are 11 lines or shorter.

Edit to Add: Oh yeah, the Qur'an itself is in the original Arabic form. Daily Arabic was watered down around the time of the 10th Caliph, and Arabic changed with different dialects as it spread through different regions. The Qur'an has stayed the same though. In fact, even native Arabic speakers have to specifically learn Quranic Arabic in order to understand the Qur'an because of this.

And the meanings for words has changed over time, which is one of the reasons different denominations, cultures, and schools of thought have different interpretations of different passages. For example, the word "Kafir" means "nonbeliever" and "Kafiruun" is the plural form of the word. But some Islamic & non-Islamic cultures use the word "Kafir" as a racial epithet against black people, like the n-word in America. I'm mentioning this because there's a Surah in the Qur'an called "Al-Kafiruun" which directly commands us to tell nonbelievers "unto you your beliefs and unto me mine". But the people who treat "Kafir" as a racial slur thought/think the Surah is telling them to say that to black people! The Qur'an never changed and there's no racism in Islam, but that doesn't stop people from taking it out of context to justify their cultural or personal biases.
edit on 26-2-2016 by enlightenedservant because: added a bunch

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Yah...what ever, dude. I'M not interested. Sorry for asking some serious questions you seem to can not answer with your own mind-set. No offense. But thanks for no thanks.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

No problem.

I answer mainly for the people reading anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I answer mainly for the people reading anyway.

Me too, I unfortunately don't have much fans (readers, to whom apply what I'm driving at). Thinking for oneself is not everybodys strong suit. I understand.

Shalom....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join