It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron Fires Starting Gun for EU Brexit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   
David Cameron says he's achieved a deal that will give the UK "special status" within Europe and that he'll be campaigning with his "heart and soul" for us to stay in the union , but then he would say that wouldn't he.
The terms of the agreement look pretty unimpressive to me but then I would say that wouldn't I.

Cameron is holding a cabinet meeting at 10am in which he will present his achievements to his front bench before officially anouncing the date , then we're of on the referendum trail and we finally get to choose our fate , in or out , the date for the vote is expected to be Thursday, 23 June.
Key points of the deal...

An "emergency brake" on migrants' in-work benefits for four years when there are "exceptional" levels of migration. The UK will be able to operate the brake for seven years

Child benefit for the children of EU migrants living overseas will now be paid at a rate based on the cost of living in their home country - applicable immediately for new arrivals and from 2020 for the 34,000 existing claimants

The amending of EU treaties to state explicitly that references to the requirement to seek ever-closer union "do not apply to the United Kingdom", meaning Britain "can never be forced into political integration"

The ability for the UK to enact "an emergency safeguard" to protect the City of London, to stop UK firms being forced to relocate into Europe and to ensure British businesses do not face "discrimination" for being outside the eurozone

The terms and conditions of this deal may be subject to change after the UK EU referendum as with all sham European deals , I've smelled fudge cooking throughout his negotiations and unsurprisingly Cameron has delivered us a full plate of freshly created EU fudge failing to deliver on his manifesto promises.

Now we wait to see which way his ministers jump and which of the Tory heavy hitters opt for Brexit , Theresa May has said she backs staying in the EU saying the 'Deal includes important reforms' , but that's hardly surprising given her leadership ambitions.
Justice Secretary Michael Gove has said he will campaign for an EU exit

Once the date is announced, ministers will be allowed to campaign for whichever side they want - one of Mr Cameron's closest political allies Michael Gove has already been named as supporting the Leave camp. Others, such as Iain Duncan Smith are expected to follow - but a question mark remains over which way London Mayor Boris Johnson will jump.
www.bbc.co.uk...

Sorry Scotland but the door is open and we're about to walk out of the corrupt club , I guess the next referendum will be a rerun of Scottish independence vote.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

edit on 20-2-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Not all Scots want to be in the EU. Whilst I would like to see an independent Scotland, I would like it to be independent from everyone, i.e. Westminster, the monarchy, EU, NATO, The banking cartels, UN, pretty much everybody who does not live here but lords over us with their rules and regulations and controls the way we live. Add to this the trade agreement coming with America, I feel we need to do an Iceland and take back control of our country. Sadly the people I had faith in to do that, the SNP, are failing Scotland and appear to be no more than Tartan Tories.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I hope this time the votes will be based on population and not regions, also a shame that an out vote doesn't mean Cameron gets kicked out as well

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Sorry Scotland but the door is open and we're about to walk out of the corrupt club , I guess the next referendum will be a rerun of Scottish independence vote.

The Scots are only slightly more likely to vote "yes" in an EU referendum, yet the SNP attempt to paint the Scots as massively different. That's the problem with the nationalists, they like to think the Scots are different from the English et al, but the annual British Attitude's Survey finds that we are all pretty much the same and have a British outlook and values.

To the OP. As stated in another thread, I am not fussed about EU immigration (it's a two way street because lots of Britons work abroad), but I don't care for immigration from outside of the EU where people have no common cultural association with European liberal values.

I am quite pleased that there is recognition that the UK can choose whether or not to opt in/out of political union, i.e. the superstate. I think other countries may also be interested in opting out too! Plus the recognition that the Euro is not the only currency in Europe.

I will listen to the debate unfold and make up my mind when the time comes, but feel slightly reassured. However, clearly those who just want to leave the EU will never be persuaded.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

I hope this time the votes will be based on population and not regions, also a shame that an out vote doesn't mean Cameron gets kicked out as well

Well he has pre empted that by having already stated that he is not doing

another term as PM.

I think if we get an *out* vote he may have to save face by resigning?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

What would happen if he did resign ? Would the conservatives keep power and just vote internally for a new leader, I'm guessing either Boris or George ? Or would we have a new election ?

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Special protection for the City of London?

Speaks volumes about what Cameron's priorities are. The rest of the garbage doesn't change anything.

Certainly hasn't changed my mind. Like a Dragon being persuaded to invest in some crazy business idea, I'm OUT.

As for the garbage being spouted about Teresa May, she was never going to go against Cameron, yet the MSM led many to believe she was.

What a con, all of it.

Roll on referendum day,

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

If the U.K vote out, then he should resign.

That would be a massive vote of no confidence in the man and I can't see how he could survive. No doubt excuses will be made, but for me he will need to fall on his sword.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   

What would happen if he did resign ? Would the conservatives keep power and just vote internally for a new leader, I'm guessing either Boris or George ? Or would we have a new election ?

It would be just like when Thatcher got ousted, the Tories will vote for a new leader and whoever they vote will be Prime Minister. Remember the coalition passed a law so that whichever party is voted in at a General Election, will serve a five year term, as we vote for parties, the Tories will remain in power.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Cameron's nothing more than a pig tampering swine that only cares about keeping the status quo in place while screaming Austerity, Austerity, Austerity, from the rooftops.

All this crap is nothing more than window dressing for the masses.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:01 AM
link   

The conservatives would hang on ... which ever ways. David Cameron would

hang on by his finger tips he has the face to do so. However (like Milliband)

he may have to go if the vote is out

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Lol at the crappest 'deal' I've ever seen, one which can be changed after the referendum!
I'm voting out of the EU, the Germans will still want to sell us their BMW's and Merc's if we leave, and I'd reckon business leaders from all EU nations will be lobbying their governments for decent trade tariffs with us minutes after an 'out' vote.

Ignore the fear people, the UK will survive comfortably albeit after a few teething issues.
We buy 60 billion net surplus of goods from the EU and there isn't a business in Europe wanting to lose that trade, no matter what the spineless politicians tell you, big business will see to it happening.
edit on 20.2.2016 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Just announced what all the media were suggesting. The Referendum will be the 23rd June.

He also stated that no one can say for sure that Britain will be better off outside the E.U with regards to jobs, security and low prices.

The man was never going to lead an out campaign and this so called great deal for Britain was the only deal he could muster.

Let battle commence.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I will vote out! The so called deal that Cameron has done means very little and helps ordinary folk none. It fails to address the main issues that the British people have with the EU and its current impact. eg Laws and Immigration
It will not stop the inflow of more and more immigrants (600,000 a year) which takes away jobs, school places, housing, healthcare and benefits to date. There are issues of safety, law and order. And have you noticed that when you walk around most town centre's and car boot sales, everyone is speaking a different European language. Its like being a foreigner in the Country in which you were born and paid your taxes.

Mad Boris says he wants out but that's because he wants the PM job and if the people vote out it will get him the job. If they dont it doesnt affect him.

The only ones to benefit from staying in are those with money and greed! Whose wealth grows more if we are in the EU.

edit on 20-2-2016 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

I believe if we vote to leave Cameron will go , he will have lost much of his authority as he's campaigning to stay.
Another good reason to vote leave.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
It will not stop the inflow of more and more immigrants (600,000 a year) which takes away jobs, school places, housing, healthcare and benefits to date.

Immigration from the EU is only half of the problem...

Immigration Watch stats

It's a red herring.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Just been listening to David Cameron on 'Sky' and I've only got one

word for what he is saying .......

*FEARMONGERING*

I feel sick listening to the sycophancy going on about this "Historic

agreement" he has gained.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

So, what's he saying that's making you so frightened. He seems quite balanced in his view, that in his opinion the UK would be negatively impacted if we left the EU.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: eletheia

So, what's he saying that's making you so frightened. He seems quite balanced in his view, that in his opinion the UK would be negatively impacted if we left the EU.

Not the UK but the greedy and the elite! Hes a sycho

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Problem is even if Cameron goes, whoever replaces him will still have similar ideologies for running the country into the ground

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join