It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Day Aliens Visit US

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I firmly belief the reason why Aliens or higher being hasn't visit us yet is because we, as human beings, are still way under developed; meaning we a closer to savages than higher beings. I believe this for two reasons; 1) We still have a monetary systems where the basic necessities are not easily met for the race as a whole. 2) We kill each other over different views on things, something that is very barbaric if you ask me.

I think once we have solved these two issues and have become a peaceful society where each individual will pursue their passions, then the higher beings will come visit us. My question is how far do you think this will take for the human race to achieve this? And what invention will we need to make this Utopia possible?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015
I firmly belief the reason why Aliens or higher being hasn't visit us yet is because we, as human beings, are still way under developed; meaning we a closer to savages than higher beings. I believe this for two reasons; 1) We still have a monetary systems where the basic necessities are not easily met for the race as a whole. 2) We kill each other over different views on things, something that is very barbaric if you ask me.

I think once we have solved these two issues and have become a peaceful society where each individual will pursue their passions, then the higher beings will come visit us. My question is how far do you think this will take for the human race to achieve this? And what invention will we need to make this Utopia possible?

I had beans for my tea... the wind is really bad in here!
When i get that sorted out .. maybe some little grey will
abduct me...

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I've been saying for awhile that humanity is doomed if we cannot invent Star Trek style food/matter replicators asap.

3D printing is the medium that will become this technology but will it come soon enough? I doubt it.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: reddragon2015

I agree with you. I mean, we don't -- as a species -- regularly try to communicate with ants, do we? But ants are around us all the time, and a part of most of our lives. In spite of their apparent hive mind and their highly-regulated social order, we humans consider them so far below us that they are unworthy of communication.

I remain surprised that ET entities that have visited here haven't sprayed us with some galactic tried-and-true pesticide. You want to know what I think "they" find laudable? First, I think "they" find our emotions to be unique and interesting. I think "they" find our art, music to be emotionally-driven but amazing and perhaps extraordinary within the scope of galactic communities.

I sometimes feel a tad sad, wondering if humanity, in order to progress, must expunge their emotions. Certainly some of our emotional outrage has lead to horrific events in history. But........... there is also beauty and wonder and music and unique creativity. I would not choose it for myself -- to give up emotional attachments in favor of super-genius. Well, only if it meant saving the species.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

I remain surprised that ET entities that have visited here haven't sprayed us with some galactic tried-and-true pesticide.

Why taint the food supply? How's that for a nice, comforting thought?

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Insightful.
"How do you like the humans?" "Crunchy. With a dipping sauce".

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I wonder if there's an intergalactic cookbook. There must be thousands of ways to serve man.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Rod Serling had an episode on the Twilight Zone with just that theme but this is off the topic at hand. My guess is you may be right and we haven't reached the point yet where we can reach out to them or tap into their method of communication. So we'll need to keep on advancing and wait to see what happens.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Why assume they havent been here already? Thats based on your expectations...and as a species we dont know what even to look for. So to ASSUME...

I'm sure they are here, have been here, always were here. But if we're looking for arms, legs, lights in the sky, landing on the White House lawn....well.....we have zero idea...they may be invisible for gosh sake....

We are so immature, we keep watching for signs and contact within our means of understanding. And of advanced civilizations who move in and out of dimensions we cant even comprehend? Infantile thoughts against scholars. Humans and ants. Not at all on any parallels.

Heres a thread from last year....quit looking up. It aint gonna happen. LIfe is not a video game....

E.T.s. Turn out the lights. They may not be coming...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-2-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   

We may be the first or we may be the last.

We may be under quarantine because we are ridiculously belligerent.

We may (this is implausable) be the ONLY sentient beings in this galaxy.

(please note:I said sentient,not intelligent)

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I remember reading a short story a long time ago. I don't remember the name or who wrote it so I don't think there is any danger of spoilers. Anywho, in the story, there is a team of scientists on an expedition in a South American jungle. They uncover some ruins and begin deciphering engravings that tell of visitors from space. The team is soon attacked by creatures that are vaguely humanoid in shape, boneless, gray, and with yellow eyes. A lot of debate ensues, in which the scientists argue whether or not the creatures are extraterrestrial in nature. Meanwhile, one of the scientists finishes the translations and finds that the creatures are in fact from earth. The scientists, and humanity at large, are actually the "aliens".

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I have wondered about that also. That's why I like to refer to 'them" as "others" rather than ET. What if they inhabit inner Earth, or the depths of the oceans -- which nobody has been able to map. It kind of makes sense when you think about the possibility of an increase in sightings after the first few nuclear bomb testing. Were people just become more attuned toward the "flying saucer" meme, or were there actually more sightings? If there were, maybe "they" were downright unhappy about the surface dwellers' penchant for blowing crap up on a nuclear scale.

They might have been the original NIMBYs.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Who are the savages? Politicians and world leaders who start wars, spend trillions of dollars on weapons to kill and destroy, or the general public who just want to get along and have enough money to raise a family comfortably. I believe the overall majority of the human race are good.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I wonder if there's an intergalactic cookbook. There must be thousands of ways to serve man.

I think the ET's would prefer us raw with extra fat around the belly.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I mean, we don't -- as a species -- regularly try to communicate with ants, do we?

We will, the moment they detonate a high yield nuclear weapon.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth
There's plenty of that in the US, what with "McFood" and such. Maybe it's by design.

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: reddragon2015

It's been months since I've responded to any post, and so it's surprising to me that this one all the sudden seemed to warrant my reply, but I wanted to offer my sincerest kudos for your insight. I always think that truth lies in simplicity. Now I'm not trying to say this explanation in any way explains our lack of overt "contact" by beings either extra-terrestrial or spiritual, but I do think that you've nugged down a couple of basic components of human failure with a good deal of sublime profundity. Right on...

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 02:02 AM
link   

I agree with you. I mean, we don't -- as a species -- regularly try to communicate with ants, do we? But ants are around us all the time, and a part of most of our lives. In spite of their apparent hive mind and their highly-regulated social order, we humans consider them so far below us that they are unworthy of communication.

What ??

Really ?

Ant the closest Beings that are to man on the Planet !

The Closest Being on the Planet to Humans are the Great Apes

but they cant do what we do but Ants sure Can ..

They Build Structures , Farm ( Harvest / LIVESTOCK!! ), Solve, Improvise, Team Work , Tell Directions to One another to find Food Land , where the Enemy is etc.., Monarchy, Soldiers , Carpenters , Drones aka Laborers , Nannys , Militant , Social Order, Ranks , Fight Defend their Colony ( Territorial Wars , invaders ) .. and #ing SLAVES!!!! too.. No other Species does this besides US! on this Planet ... called Earth

to Me it the Closest in the Animal Kingdom that are just Like Humans .. The Closest Mammal is the Cave Rat aka Mole Rat! that as a close Order as Ants .. and NO APE does this

Ants, like humans, can change their priorities
www.sciencedaily.com...

Human Societies Starting to Resemble Ant Colonies
May 2, 2012 03:00 AM ET // by Jennifer Viegas
news.discovery.com...

Press Release 09-228
Ants, Like Humans, Use Bacteria to Make Their Gardens Grow

Symbiosis between ants and bacteria explains how leaf-cutter ants dominate tropical environments
www.nsf.gov...

10 Fascinating Facts About Ants
Interesting Traits and Behaviors of Ants

insects.about.com...

Researchers: Fire ants treat aphids like cattle
usatoday30.usatoday.com...

Hell Ants might as well be Aliens from a different planet..

The Zanti Misfits (1963)
www.imdb.com...

edit on 62016SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago250 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 62016SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago250 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
When I was a young child, I used to feed the ants that lived between my house and my neighbors. They seemed to like cherries, and I used to give them either the cherry stones or half of a cherry. Over time, amazingly they'd recognize that I was there, and many would start to appear waiting for me to give them some food. I think they saw me as a God.
Then one day, my crazy neighbor started going mental at me, telling me that I was feeding the ants and how they'll end up going in his house. He then came along with a big brush, and swept all the ants and the nest away.
It was a sad day.

posted on Feb, 20 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think they have already visited us. Indeed, according to the Human Genome Project, likely part of our DNA is extraterrestrial in origin, that from more than 10 years ago.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join