It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadpool - The Movie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   
This movie was hilarious and just 'wrong' and made me laugh a lot.
I was a bit apprehensive and didn't know if they'd do a good job - they definitely did.
From the opening credits (which are hilarious), to the digs at other superhero movies, digs at The X-men, Ikea - nothing is safe from Mr Pools acerbic , sardonic wit and razor sharp tongue.
Reynolds actually did a great job and even all of the Meta, self referential stuff actually worked and was hilarious.
It had me in stitches quite a few times and the humor is really dark, wrong, sick and twisted - and the violence too, just awesome.

It may be different from most comic book movies but it's still a comic book movie so if you don't like them, you probably won't like this.
If you don't like lots of cursing and violence and inappropriate humor and wrongness, then don't see it.
For all you crazies out there, go see it - it's awesome.
edit on 11-2-2016 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

I have to see it. HAVE to see it.

If only for the sake of watching a super powered unkillable maniac show a pictogram of a stooge getting beheaded, to a stooge, before taking said stooges head and using it for the sake of puppetry.

I have to see this movie.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
THIS is the Deapool movie we wanted!
Can't wait for date night this weekend. Luckily, my girlfriend has a twisted sense of humor like me. She already bought the tickets. I'm a lucky man.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Get ready for number 2!!!

Member Swills smacked me in the head with this awesome news a few days ago...

I can't wait!!

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Been looking forward to seeing this. My friend Ed played Ajax in it.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Did it tie into the wolverine origins movie where reynolds played a really chitty deadpool wanna be that everyone hated?

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My wife and daughter are going friday night...
I haven't been this excited about a movie in a long time.

posted on Feb, 11 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman
Did it tie into the wolverine origins movie where reynolds played a really chitty deadpool wanna be that everyone hated?

According to my son, who is an expert in all things Deadpool, they have completely binned the Origins Deadpool concept/mythos and rebuilt him "right". I didn't even recognise him as Deadpool in Origins, had to ask my boy, which got me a huffy lecture about what a terrible travesty it was (blah, blah, blah lol). I'm glad Reynolds has stuck with it though, the casting was good, the character was what they #ed up.

However, we have to wait until it comes out on DVD, we had planned on going tonight but it turns out it is a "15" certificate here and some of us aren't old enough...which is a sore point in our household at the moment.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Went there yesterday for the release premiere in Germany. What a movie, I enjoyed it very much. Not much to do with the original deadpool but a great movie for sure! There were like 10 people in the cinema most under 30 we had a blast all together. I suppose it was the time (5pm).

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Only to take shots at it.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You must. Absolutely. The Stan Lee cameo makes it worthwhile alone.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Yes!! This was hilarious!! LOVED IT.
Had me pissing myself in places, was so outrageous and so funny and rude.... really is the film that fans have been asking for.

The stuff with his blind landlady was just wrong but funny.

SPOILERS

She says to him "Love is blind" and he's like "no You're blind" Oh man.... I let out a pretty big laugh.
The drive-by fart too.

The Wolverine "He's smooth down under" joke.... jokes that Reynolds makes about himself and his acting ability.
Him asking for a superhero suit that's NOT Green.

Just endless hilarity.

Really impressed.

Yes it's juvenile and yes it's very "meta" and breaks the 4th wall constantly but it's genuinely funny....in a crazy, stupid, subversive and irreverent way.

May go see it again, when I need a laugh.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

I'm thinking about going back this weekend just to catch the stuff I missed from laughing so hard.

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yeah... there's loads of smaller, more subtle jokes. And it's a very "busy" film visually... probably lots missed.

I still have a decent amount/value of Cinema gift card to use, got like 3 for Christmas
So far I've seen The Revenant, The Big Short, Creed and Deadpool all for "Free" - well free for me.
Still have like £25 left

Yeah... I've just talked myself into going again.

edit on 12/2/16 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I missed that? Maybe I was bussy searching the nacho cheese dip in the dark but I totally missed that! Regardless, I´ll watch it again probably.
And I sat down until the projector was turned off as always! The poor souls are always missing something, jumping up from their seats as soon as the credits start to roll...
I recommend the hateful 8-)
edit on 12-2-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
For you all that have actually seen it,what's the minimum age you think is appropriate? With parental guidance and all. My 13 year old wants to see it so much. (Thanks TV commercials) I'm not convinced at all though.
edit on 2/13/2016 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

No. No, 13 not good. You'd be best off going without them and deciding but this is a seriously messed up movie and I'd recommend no kids.
edit on 2/12/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Depends on your kid but 13 seems too young. But to decide for yourself is the best advice we can give, like Zaphod already did. Watch the red band trailer and you´ll know...

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

That's what I was thinking after reading about it. Thanks for the confirmation. Marvel can be pretty irritating for parents, with the adult themes....in comics.

posted on Feb, 13 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Here's the trailer
youtu.be...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join