It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump: I'd bring back 'a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: illustratum

Why do you keep referring to PC?

Are you seriously under the illusion that any technique or solution other than torturing a human, is seen an being politically correct?

I honestly don't understand what PC has to do with any of this. We are talking about locked up individuals with ties to terrorist cells and the like, and you're talking about ppl becoming angered over certain language?
edit on 7-2-2016 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: illustratum
a reply to: crazyewok

Not touching the subject with logic and nice language is absurd.

Whine and use time to write profanity in your childish tantrums is absurd.

What subject?

State sanctioned toture is wrong, period.

Not sure what logic there is in favour of it! State sanctioned torture never accomplishs anything and just starts a slippery slope of tyranny!

This is not about political correctness! This is about right and wrong!

edit on 7-2-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The only person whining in this thread is you.

Can you not debate with adults without acting like a petulant Trump child.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I 100% supported Bush on waterboarding and enhanced rendition. Plus, it worked! How many attacks took place on US soil between 911 and Bush leaving office?

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

What subject?

State sanctioned toture is wrong, peroid.

Not sure what logic there is in favour of it! State sanctioned torture never accomplishs anything and just starts a slippery slope of tyranny!

This is not about political correctness! This is about right and wrong!

He seems to think that the deciding factor determining whether or not a man breaks into your home and murders your family, or simply robs you and lets you all live, is if the robber is adhering to political correctness.

It's either brutal violence or PC.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I 100% supported Bush on waterboarding and enhanced rendition. Plus, it worked! How many attacks took place on US soil between 911 and Bush leaving office?

Correlation causation fallacy.

It could be said that no attacks would have happened if they'd not tortured people.

Lol rendition, now who is PC.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Even though innocent people got picked up and tortured by accident?

Plus no it didn't nessarly work either. Plenty of other measures could have been the cause of the lack of terrorist attacks.

From all accounts toture proved unreliable and did not work.

Plus it has been ruled unconstitutional! Regardless of what you think that links I posted clearly states the bill of rights covers anyone in US custody regardless of citizenship.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Correlation causation fallacy.

It could be said that no attacks would have happened if they'd not tortured people.

Lol rendition, now who is PC.

Either way it worked so why stop now...

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Waterboarding and worse...

In the name of protecting America, and all it represents... I have to wonder what America represents if this is OK to many of us herein.

To defeat them, we become them?

How reliable is information gathered in this way, I wonder? Theories differ.

But to me, it matters not in the slightest. It's morally reprehensible to torture helpless people who have no ability to fight back. I'm sure the ghosts of Japanese and German officials/officers are having a merry chuckle over all of this. You, see, they won after all. We've become them, or are in the process of becoming them...

Trump lost my support quite a while ago...this certainly only hardens my resolve to see him lose.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It’s things like this that would make it impossible for me to support Trump for any high level leadership position.

He’s no more qualified for the job than Archie Bunker, and has much the same mentality. Here are a few reasons I will not be voting for Trump:

1) He’s a hot head.
2) He’s too impulsive to be an effective leader. His mouth leads the charge before his brain kicks in.
3) He would be a diplomatic nightmare. Donald Trump’s influence on foreign affairs would go over like a hot lead enema.
4) He’s quick to make promises for sweeping change, but short on the details of his agenda. He just says what he thinks people want to hear.
5) He’s a narcissist. He doesn’t have a world view. He has Trump’s view.

That being said, I do get a kick out of how he trashes his opponents and exposes them for what they are: sleazy, self-serving politicians. But, that alone doesn’t qualify him to be the “Leader of the Free World”.

I wonder what he had in mind that’s 'a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding'? What a thoughtless, sadistic thing to say. Hmmm...

Larry Flynt for President! Let the Good Times Roll!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Torture is not a #ing solution! Its never been a solution to anything!

It has to have been, or we wouldn't be doing it.

As bad as it is, there is a reason it's been used throughout the history of mankind.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: spinalremain

its actually whatever you think or make out of it.

torture have little to nothing in effect ..but just the debate about it make people cringe.

whining.. throwing tantrums about rights of people? rights people already know about in heart...really we all do.

but we had to make a whine thread with no solutions just NO because of this and that...

yeah PC culture debating nonsense and tearing sentences apart without getting close to any solution.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

If I didn't take him seriously, I wouldn't support him. The US, if it is going to successfully fight Islamofascist terrorism, absolutely needs to use EVERY tool they have, including waterboarding and "worse."

And you profess to support the constitution?

Hypocrite

The fact we dont torture is what makes our society better than theres.

But hey let a few 3rd world barbarians scare you cowards into giving up your values and freedoms.

The worst part is that the wars we have been involved in having nothing to do with protecting this nation but every thing to protect the Corporate Globalist Utopia and keep the world 'stable' at US Tax Payers expense that had no say in it.

It is a big failure though because the Middle East is worse off then we first started

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If the election had of come down between Trump and Hillary....

I could have voted for Trump...not NOW. I can't in good conscience vote for evil.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think people are forgetting this is Donald Trump...the man who says what he wants so that the main focus of people will be on him.

Remember Obama said he would close Guantanamo, and we see how well that campaign rubbish came out.

It's amusing when election time comes around as we get to see how bad one want's to be president by listening to what they promise and know they could never do it...but it sounds good on the campaign trail.

It's all about staying in the minds of the people whether you support him or not...you are talking about him.

He knows how to work the media.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

There is not one single goddamn clause in the Constitution that applies to America's handling or treatment of non-Americans. Simply put: the Constitution tells the federal government what it cannot do with relation to US Citizens... not Arab citizens who fought alongside AL Qaida and ISIS.

The Constitution also talks about Defense for THIS nation.
It talks nothing about how defending other nations or how it is the tax payers responsibility to 'police' the globe for the Globalists.

Care to tell me what Iraq, Syria, and soon to be Iran did to this country?
AAhh they pissed off the Globalists because they wont go along with their globalist plans

Globalists hate the Constitution and it does not even exist in their vocabulary so I do not know why you are defending them.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

Yeah, that's disgusting. People like you are the problem.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

It is a big failure though because the Middle East is worse off then we first started.

It's not a failure because that was the intention of everything that's happened since soviet-Afghan trouble to contra to gulf 1&2 to Afghan invasion to Libyan destruction to Syrian wreckage.

Zio-101

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
We just farm it out to our less sophisticated friends.

They are a lot more experienced at these things than we are.

They are also less squeamish.

This way, we can keep our hands clean and satisfy everybody.

But, let's not pretend it's going to stop anytime soon.

Turns out our barbaric friends are good at something. So, there's that.

posted on Feb, 7 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
wrong person
edit on 7-2-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join