It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I do not look fondly upon February

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
First let me offer as preamble the admission that I do not actually believe myself or this month to be in any way cursed. I don't believe it's an example of synchronicity. And while anything is possible, I'm inclined to view this as entirely coincidental. That said, in a practical sense, that doesn't really matter. Because every year when this month rolls around, despite my best efforts to remind myself of that, and to say, "This will be the year something good happens in February!" ... this consistently seems to be the most painful and tumultuous month of the year for me.

As further preface, I would also like to stress that I know I am a very fortunate person in many ways (I wouldn't be sitting here typing on a computer with a roof over my head if that weren't the case,) that I am thankful for that, and that none of what follows is meant to be a "poor me" self pitying diatribe.

With that out of the way... I hate February.

• My parents got divorced in February.
  • The best friend I've ever had - someone who, if they exist, I would suspect was a platonic soul mate - died in February, horribly and violently.
  • My mother nearly died in February, followed by a prolonged and traumatic period of convalescence, for both her and, as her sole care giver, I. (She remains unhealed, but stable.)
  • The only person I ever fell in love with (so far) broke up with me on Valentine's day. (We remain close friends so - in the long run, not such a horrible thing.)
  • I had my first bout with kidney stones in February (last year - I'm still not fully recovered - the hydronephrosis messed up my kidney function slightly and there are lingering effects.)
  • We were evicted once in February, and then forced to move again in February due to a rent increase.

I could go on and on at length but... you get the idea. The most painful and stressful life scenarios seem to find their genesis in this month for me for some reason. Always have. And it's not just a case of selection bias. The rest of my year really does tend to be quite peaceful - other than the fallout from things that happen in February lol. People in my life have long commented on how weird this is. So much so that some friends and family won't visit me during February for fear it will affect them as well lol.

My neighbor has even taken notice of this, commenting this morning, "Be careful! This is a leap year, which means a whole extra day of February for you!" Lmao.

Anyway... I'm not really upset about it. And every year I do try to emphasize to myself, "That's crazy. Months aren't cursed. I bet this year absolutely nothing will happen!"

But... I just got diagnosed with chronic prostatitis today and our dishwasher started smoking. LOL. Obviously there are worse things and if that's all that happens, I will gladly take it!

Happy February...

Peace.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I am sorry that you have had so many negative things happen in february.
In february one of the greatest things to happen to me was holding my firstborn grandchild.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Hang in there Ace. I'm very sorry to hear of the unfortunate events you've endured in the past during this 2nd month of the calendar. But I think this year things will be better for you and yours, and better every February after! This is my birth month. I was born in 1980 (a leap year), and believe it or not, my mom's predicted due date fell right on the leap year day, which would've given me a true birthday only once every 4 years lol! Things didn't turn out that way, I was born on the 25th. Birthday month though it is, I'm not crazy about it either- it falls right between Winter and spring, and things are usually very gray and muddy where I'm at. All that said, here's hoping you have a good day tomorrow and the next, a good week this one and the next, and a good month friend!

Btw, very cool avatar pic, with the two trees/worlds. What's it from, if you don't mind my asking?

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
I am sorry that you have had so many negative things happen in february.
In february one of the greatest things to happen to me was holding my firstborn grandchild.

originally posted by: M4nWithNoN4me
Hang in there Ace. I'm very sorry to hear of the unfortunate events you've endured in the past during this 2nd month of the calendar. But I think this year things will be better for you and yours, and better every February after! This is my birth month. I was born in 1980 (a leap year), and believe it or not, my mom's predicted due date fell right on the leap year day, which would've given me a true birthday only once every 4 years lol! Things didn't turn out that way, I was born on the 25th. Birthday month though it is, I'm not crazy about it either- it falls right between Winter and spring, and things are usually very gray and muddy where I'm at. All that said, here's hoping you have a good day tomorrow and the next, a good week this one and the next, and a good month friend!

So you're the rascals who stole my February luck! :p J/K

Btw, very cool avatar pic, with the two trees/worlds. What's it from, if you don't mind my asking?

It's an artistic depiction of the World Tree concept, one of the oldest religious concepts in human history, and an analog of one of the oldest and most primitive cosmological structures human beings divised even as early as the Proto-Indo-Europeans - the notion of the heavens above, Earth as a central plane, the underworld or abyss below, and the network of connectivity between those planes (if the tree itself doesn't date back that far, the most rudimentary notion of such a tiered view of reality is at least implied.)

This particular depiction (I had to do some digging, as I just found it in a Google search a long time ago) appears to be from a translation of the Prose Edda, painted by Oluf Olufsen Bagge.

The Prose Edda is a major historical compilation of Norse mythology, making this particular world tree concept that of the - obviously far more recent - Yggdrasil. The concept has appeared throughout history in many forms, though. I've always been drawn to the idea of the world tree for some reason, despite being agnostic. Or at least the idea that one of the earliest recorded metaphysical concepts humanity held was of such a tiered cosmology.

Thank-you for your kind words.

Peace.
edit on 2/1/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/1/2016 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Valentine's Day is the only holiday I dread more than Christmas. It's about time to go solo for a couple of weeks is what I'm thinking.

posted on Feb, 1 2016 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

Here's some stars and a flag to get you off on the right foot. Maybe ... this month having an extra day ... will cause everything to flow your way.

Cheers!!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Valentine's Day is the only holiday I dread more than Christmas. It's about time to go solo for a couple of weeks is what I'm thinking.

It can indeed be unpleasant for those of us who are chronically single. And for other reasons.

While many would thus scoff at the holiday as contrived, arbitrary, and artificial, and say to hell with it... I'm crazy, so instead I watch Moulin Rouge and bawl my eyes out lol. (While also being cathartically comforted by the beauty and pathos of it.)

Peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It is just the lead-in to the Ides of March, so of course bad things start happening.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
It is just the lead-in to the Ides of March, so of course bad things start happening.

Perhaps I'll get lucky. I've been called a fool on occasion. Maybe it'll let me pass.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04

It can indeed be unpleasant for those of us who are chronically single. And for other reasons.

While many would thus scoff at the holiday as contrived, arbitrary, and artificial, and say to hell with it... I'm crazy, so instead I watch Moulin Rouge and bawl my eyes out lol. (While also being cathartically comforted by the beauty and pathos of it.)

Peace.
Solitude can be a blessing if you look at it from a certain angle. Better than having someone pissed off because you didn't buy them some meaningless trinket.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Wow, weird how all the bad things happen for you in that particular month. For me, crap happen throughout the year. I'm lucky like that.

Hope things improve for you soon.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AceWombat04

Peace.
Solitude can be a blessing if you look at it from a certain angle. Better than having someone pissed off because you didn't buy them some meaningless trinket.

This is very true.

originally posted by: Night Star
Wow, weird how all the bad things happen for you in that particular month. For me, crap happen throughout the year. I'm lucky like that.

Hope things improve for you soon.

And for you. And thanks for always being so nice on the forums even when things aren't rosy for you necessarily.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I do not look fondly upon February.

Well; I'll make a prediction that you will die in the month of February of xyz year. Perhaps you might like to focus on March
edit on 2-2-2016 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   
It's all the damn groundhog's fault. Go kill it and eat it. You'll feel much better. Trust me.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

February should get in the sea.

Bloody hate it. The first couple of weeks is a run up to the second most depressing day of the calendar year, and the rest of it is just fall out from the inevitable hangover afterward.

In. The. Sea.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

I do not look fondly upon February.

Well; I'll make a prediction that you will die in the month of February of xyz year. Perhaps you might like to focus on March

Lmao yeah I try to lay low during February honestly. Just in case. You're not the first to make that prediction. :p Hope you're all wrong!

originally posted by: TrueBrit

February should get in the sea.

Bloody hate it. The first couple of weeks is a run up to the second most depressing day of the calendar year, and the rest of it is just fall out from the inevitable hangover afterward.

In. The. Sea.

In the sea with it!

Peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Today, on the second day, is groundhog day, and my birthday..

edit on 2-2-2016 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Today, on the second day, is groundhog day, and my birthday..

Happy birthday! Maybe this topic will have unintended consequences. By everyone telling me good things about this month, I will empathetically and vicariously experience your joys to such a degree, that I'll be too distracted from whatever my normal unconscious behavior patterns are to find my way into trouble lol.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I'll hope for your Feb to not be so bad this time around!

P.S. I would cut off power and water to the dishwasher!

a reply to: solve

Well, Happy Birthday!

Maybe we will get some good news from Phil today on the soon or late arrival of Spring, depends how you lean as to if his prediction will make you happy or not...

His success rate is poor and I happen to believe that the current Phil was hognapped and replaced by an Imposter!

posted on Feb, 2 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   
My family member has a very good friend who is a psychic, he has read me and everything he told came true. He said also, the 6th month from your birth month is not good for Anyone, EVER. If you were born in Aug/Sept., this is probably what is happening.

March is also NOT good for me, though I got pregnant in this month, as he said I would. I didn't believe him until that happened. The only good thing that happened in that month for me.

Here's what I did, by accident, to lift that curse/vibe off me, I held a snake. Yes, a snake may remove some bad stuff going on around you!

Hope all gets better for you. That's a lot of bad stuff to happen.

edit on 2-2-2016 by DaphneApollo because: tmi

top topics

<<   2 >>

join