It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump hats made in china

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Let's make America great again trump hat.

Trump hat proudly made in China.

I was tempted to just leave the post with the two pictures. These are hats that have made in appearance in Iowa today. It is my belief they will be used for caucus tomorrow.

Slogan - sure ok. why not? It's pithy and get's across his beliefs.
Hat made in China, not agreeing with him there.

I think this is a contradiction in beliefs. A candidate running for office with a belief in making America stronger should do more on his on end to achieve this. It's been pointed out in the media before that some of his clothing line is also made in China. Sure he wants the best deal, he's a businessman. From a fiscal standpoint the hats are probably a good bargain for him. From an ideological standpoint I find it fails though. This is of course my opinion. I realize others don't believe the same way I do.

With that said I believe his aspiration for American manufacturing are disingenuous and he leads with a very poor example.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:14 AM
link   
does anyone even make hats in America anymore? maybe he couldn`t find any made in America hats.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Made in China by poor people making slave wages. All I can say is....FEEL THE BERN!!

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Seiko

Do you have a source that shows they were commissioned by Trump's campaign directly and distributed by them?

Maybe they were made by some random Trump supporters who just went with the cheapest hats they could get a hold of.

You guys are really grasping at straws now.
There are plenty of reasons do dislike Trump, complaining about a hat that was made in china that happens to have his campaign slogan on it is pretty asinine.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Unless it has Trump's name on it...it's an independent manufacturer capitalizing on the slogan.
It's not licensed by Trump.
Anyone see a TM or copyright with Trump's name on the slogan or label?
If I wanted to make a few fast bucks, I could print these things up and stick that slogan on a hat and sell it.

It's the same thing as a "What Difference Does It Make?" Hillary hat.

Ignorant political muckraking on the OP's part.

edit on 31-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
FEEL THE BERN HAT
Made In China

rlv.zcache.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com... ar-made-china-labels/story?id=13472355

Donald Trump, who has repeatedly accused China of stealing manufacturing jobs from the U.S., acknowledged today that an array of Trump-branded clothes, accessories and other products are made in China.

It's not like the hats are the only thing we could find if we went looking.

The answer of whether anyone makes hats in america anymore? Probably not on a big scale. Hats.com has links for specifically made in usa searches though. I went looking a while back for american made jeans and it was a tough search.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
"No true Scotsman" logical fallacy.

Well no true candidate would do x,y,z!!

Do you use products made in China?

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Touche. I even starred you for that

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Old thread...done to death several times already on ATS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Trump cut ties (no pun intended) with Macy's back in July of 2015.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Horrors.

The current bunch in D.C. Just gave Iran a virtual carte blanch
with the sanction 'deal'. Both parties. Now it comes out both Airbus and Boeing had backdoor deals with Iran for major purchases to upgrade their air-fleet....with the money released by the embargo.

So the EU and the U.S. go with the Corporation profit rather than potential nuclear weapons development in the ME.

You have this to knock Trump??

What a joke. This merely re-enforces my commitment to Trump. Both the left and the Establishment right are running desperate.....

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Unless Trump trademarks his slogan, anyone can duplicate it and product it on hats or clothing. Now since he's been complaining about everything is being produced in China, it would be foolish for him to have his own campaign hats produced there.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

trademarks.justia.com... 1.html

www.ibtimes.com... d-trump-make-america-great-again-trademark-deal-presidential-candidate-pays-100k-2163076

theconversation.com... demarked-the-slogan-make-america-great-again-49070

I believe he has right to the trademarks. If these hats are not being used by his campaign in Iowa for the caucus as I believe they are he needs to speak up.

It's quite possible these are crappy knock offs but they are being used and handed out right now in Iowa by his supporters. He's not responsible for every hat given out obviously but he needs to distance himself from china hats if he can.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Hell, how many American flags are made in the US?
Maybe some scout and military patches, but not much else.
The crazy imaginary finance world saves a few bucks sending raw materials overseas and shipping finished goods back. Everyone lucky enough to have stock portfolios benefits, consumers save a few pennies on the dollar if anything at all.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
does anyone even make hats in America anymore? maybe he couldn`t find any made in America hats.

Yes, google it.

Just think he could have made them here. Like his clothing line, which is also made in China/India, any place Vulture Capitalists like this can get slave labor.
edit on 31-1-2016 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

That hat probably isn't sanctioned by the Trump campaign. But take a look at his Signature Collection clothing...

Of course, that's not HIS fault!

Donald Trump Blames China for Fact That Much of His Gear is 'Made in China'
Source

edit on 1/31/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
What does it matter....
The same old Shell game is being run for the ignorant and it makes no difference who wins...they are pretty much all corporate shills...
Just that Trump has his own corporations to shill for....

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Lets face it. Nothing says douchebag like a Trump hat. He's just not hip.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Unless you're sitting here naked as a jaybird, as I am now...I'll bet at least something you're wearing right now is made in China.

edit on 31-1-2016 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Unless you're sitting here naked as a jaybird, as I am now...I'll bet at least something you're wearing right now is made in China.

I'm dressed.

Nothing Chinese. Or Indian or Mexican or otherwise...
Does it take me some looking online before I purchase my clothes? Yeah.
You can't just go in a store and buy off of a rack and have USA on the label.

Reasons...see my last post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join