It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German tourist climbs to top of Great Pyramid, captures rare footage of ascent, and photos

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Awesome!!

I noticed bricks on that climb behind the large stones...

Very cool

WtF is that!!

sorry but what happened to millions of solid blocks weighing tons being used to make this?

We've been lied to!!

Er... no wait... that's standard procedure

Carry on...

edit on 30-1-2016 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: PhotonEffect

I can just imagine Zahi Hawass having a meltdown over this violation and trespassing onto his pyramids.

Certainly is a good way to get yourself into the history books and a global name for antiestablishmentarianism.

Awesome.

funny i was thinking the same thing just now when i saw this, about Hawass.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Ancient monuments should be treated with respect and not clambered all over. While it all looks good, I think he's a pratt.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Nah Pharaoh Bob II had some work done to the place just to touch it up and such but hired some dodgy workmen.
Oh and I thought it really amazing to see but got sick to death of all the bits of carrier bags blowing in my mouth and just everywhere, bit of a poo hole it was.
edit on 30-1-2016 by Monkeyguns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Monkeyguns

I've never seen this before...

though in other pyramids this is the same idea.... bricks on the inside and solid stone on the out...

I just never realised the same method was used in the great pyramid...

Theres so many theories as to how it was built, but if this is the case its not a complicated undertaking...

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

I would have loved to have seen it with the marble panelling on all shiny
Oh and Aliens

edit on 30-1-2016 by Monkeyguns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Monkeyguns

We should be talkin about Balbek for aliens...

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Great pictures and video, thanks.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

How amazing that must have been, thanks for posting this!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 03:31 AM
link   
We visited the pyramids in the late 1970's and were allowed to climb up and sit to enjoy the fabulous view then. Most wouldn't and couldn't have got to the top because its a monumentally huge climb for your average tourist and damn dangerous.

I'm not surprised the authorities didn't prosecute because publicity like this showing how spectacular the pyramids are, especially when photographed on the up and down and from the top, is brilliant publicity. I suspect people will periodically be allowed to get up there. For now though I expect they will tighten security so they don't start a stampede.

I would have loved to see the view on a clear day but even the view we saw was spectacular.

I was saddened to see the state of some of the rocks and the erosion though.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Woohoo Go Andrej !!

How amazing would it be to do that ?!

Yeah I know, very naughty and all that, but still, it put a bloody big smile on my face and wow what a view !

Awesomeness !!

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Dammit, this was my plan.I was going to face time the world from the top of there.
Still quite cool though.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
from the looks of it, the danger of climbing up/down the pyramid is very, very real. I can imagine Egypt has a few reasons to keep people off.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Great little video. Puts to the sword the myth of the 'perfect' construction and blocks that 'even a piece of paper' can't pass through. Looks like a bunch of Bronze Age labourers threw it up in a rush...ahem...

I had a little look around for 'ANTON MARKO' and 'ANTON MAPKO.' Even though there had been thousands of tourists by 1899, it would have been magical to have found the Anton who carved his name in up there.

The brickwork could just as easily be evidence of 20th Century repairs. After all, it's easier to carry a few bricks up the gradient than the hassle of keeping it authentic.
edit on 1.30.2016 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Maybe they should issue helmets for people so they don't hurt their noggins climbing up it. what bothers me, is that this was never an issue before. For the last 2000 years people used common sense. Now? not so much..

Hell, i didn't even use a helmet while riding a bike until it became illegal to do so, i'd stand on the banana seat of my bike and ride with no hands going 15 mph and never once did i crash. People need to relax.
edit on 1/30/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   
German tourists are going to get a blanket ban from Egypt if they keep antics like this up - first vandalizing the cartouche in King's Chamber and treating the GP like a set of monkey bars. This is why we can't have nice things.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer
I don´t think so (the ban). But yeah, those idiots!
But know that tens of thousands of people have walked there up and down over time, now you blame one guy?

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: exsanguination45
Kid is a selfish piece of #, I hope they lock him up for 3 years

Why? For climbing a pile of rocks, because that's all they are at the end of the day.

The Pharaohs had their time, besides 'ooh they look really big' what real purpose do the pyramids serve in this day and age? Do they have any real practical use?
We haven't figured out how they were really built yet, what difference does it make if we found out for certain?

That goes for most of these historical monuments around the world that we are not allowed to touch, climb or look at.
All these thing do are take up space.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Tagz

We have to preserve those sights for the future.

All these thing do are take up space.

I beg to differ. They tell a story about our early cultures. It might be trivial for you but to say all they do is take up space... Do we need the space where those sights are? No, there is plenty aviable.

tourism is a way of spreading wealth. Especially egypt would not be where it is, if not for tourism.
edit on 30-1-2016 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Why do we need to carry these reminders of the ruling class through history?

I look at theses monuments and think of the suffering that must have happen while they were being built.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join