It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hopeless Diamond vs. Have Blue vs. Senior Trend vs. YF-117A

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity, what are the differences between the 4 aircraft?

The Hopeless Diamond was the basis for the project, but had no real stealth capabilities when mounted on the radar pole at the Ranch. So Lockheed goes ahead and "polishes" the Diamond to HAVE BLUE, correct? Then what's Senior Trend?
edit on 28-1-2016 by lazyfortress because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

You should of posted this in the Aircraft Forum.

You'd get a better response there.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Senior Trend was the F-117.

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   
No

More

Questions

Are you Russian or are you Turkish ?

Who knows who cares

posted on Jan, 28 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: #singmuch

Don't. Be. Rude.

People come here to learn from the knowledge of others, help them learn, don't be a

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

The blueprints—dubbed the Hopeless Diamond by naysayers—were converted into a 38-foot-span wooden model, mounted on a pole, and exposed to radar from every angle to see just how invisible it was. Early tests showed the model registered no bigger than an ordinary marble, and was thus nearly impossible to detect.

www.lockheedmartin.com...

The Hopeless Diamond was stealthy. Why do you think otherwise?

BTW Ben Rich's "Skunkworks" is required reading. Just about any used bookstore will have a copy. I have placed numerous copies in geocaches around the range.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

Ben riches book is awesome and well worth the read. the best parts about that book were the stories from the sr71 pilots. my favorite being the reconnaissance officer's clearance code he gave to the French mirage pilots when asked.

I have a personally autographed copy of it. it sit's next to my Hugh Shelton and Paul tibbits personally autographed books in my collection.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

hey lazyfortress drop in on the aviation forum sometime. lots of great stuff in there.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: gariac

Ben riches book is awesome and well worth the read. the best parts about that book were the stories from the sr71 pilots. my favorite being the reconnaissance officer's clearance code he gave to the French mirage pilots when asked.

I have a personally autographed copy of it. it sit's next to my Hugh Shelton and Paul tibbits personally autographed books in my collection.

I guess I need to reread it. Wasn't there a story about hydrogen powered aircraft that was a total fubar?

The other thing I remember is never deal with the Navy!

I recall some issues with time lines on the book. Shadowhawk would know.

new topics

top topics

join