It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep is a Waste of Time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I do not understand the concept of sleeping for 7 or 8 hours straight. I do enjoy a good nap for a few hours. I have a bed, but it only gets used for...bed stuff...for the most part. I generally just nap while sitting up in a chair. Am I the only weird one here? I am good to roll on a couple hours of sleep.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

yup.. I can do a few hours but I feel like crap the next day...

There was a time when I could do 8 hours... and I needed it to function...

When I hit 25ish I couldn't do more then 6 hours without starting to ache...

Now I just stay up until im exhausted... seems to work with a couple beers...

but you need sleep... try going 24 hours... or double that without sleep...

things get pretty funky

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Things don't really get funky for me until day 3. That's the point I start hearing the voice of Samuel L. Jackson telling me to go the # to sleep. Just for the record, beer and tobacco are the only drugs I consume.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:01 AM
link   
From an article about sleeping to improve daily performance:
Mika Hakkinen "...you need to rest more than you train, he says, because you just can't improve while you're tired."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Which voice is Samuel L doing? ! The Pulp Fiction voice or Star Wars, or another?
edit on 25-1-2016 by uktorah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Sleep is just an addiction. Like sugar, coffee or meth... Only you don't have a reason to quit. Infact you'll be locked up if you quit sleep because you will start seeing entities that 'don't exist' in a normal persons psychology. As a kid you often don't want to sleep but you are indoctrinated. It's like lizards, they don't have to hibernate at all and don't need to, but in the right conditions they will.
edit on 25-1-2016 by killerworm51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Funny I was just talking about this with a friend today...

I fight to stay awake for no reason... as if im gonna miss something

yet when I finally get to bed I want to stay there forever...

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: uktorah
From an article about sleeping to improve daily performance:
Mika Hakkinen "...you need to rest more than you train, he says, because you just can't improve while you're tired."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Which voice is Samuel L doing? ! The Pulp Fiction voice or Star Wars, or another?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: uktorah

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
All hell breaks loose if you don't sleep as a child

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I'm going to brew a mug of coffee. Then I'm going to hike a few miles. Then I'm going to eat breakfast taco and go to work. I'll probably take a noon siesta.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I do not understand the concept of sleeping for 7 or 8 hours straight. I do enjoy a good nap for a few hours. I have a bed, but it only gets used for...bed stuff...for the most part. I generally just nap while sitting up in a chair. Am I the only weird one here? I am good to roll on a couple hours of sleep.

Yeah, same here. If I get 4 hours I think I've had a good night. And that's after waking up about 5 times.

But I do work night shifts and I do have chemical assistance to keep me nice and fresh (but enough said about that).

I do a lot of kipping in armchairs for an hour or two. Nowt wrong with that.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I'm not sure whether I should get out more or stay in more lol

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
As I get older (pushing 40) I prefer naps to an 6-8 hour sleep. I find myself napping on my sofa for and hour or two in the evening then up alllll night, till I get sleepy again.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Confusing thread.
You title it that 'Sleep is a waste of time', then state that you only really need two hours.
Then elaborate more in a further post saying that after 3 days these 2 hour sleeps become a problem...
Does that mean that sleep is a 'waste' of time or... ?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Sleep is great. How else can we experience temporary relief from this reality?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Ha. Wait till you have kids mate.

The sleep you claim is wasteful will be cherished and chased like golem and the ring.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Someone here said to me

I would either never want to sleep or dream forever

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'm gonna go try to catch a dream for a few minutes. The barrier between waking and dreams is becoming thinner by the day.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Snooze Buttermilk # mountain goats need extra energy for all that crazy talk you manage to do in a split second

Btw congrats to ur marriage

edit on 25-1-2016 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

when you sleep, an entire vascular system awakens in your brain. During your sleep hours large amounts of waste created by the brain during waking hours, such as beta amyloid, are funneled out via this vascular network.

Beta amyloid, when left in the brain instead of being removed during sleep, is what makes up the "plaque" that doctors talk about with Alzheimer's patients.

So, it seems that sleep has a very important purpose: the removal of waste/by products created during waking hours, thus helping to prevent diseases like Alzheimer's.
edit on 1/25/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join