It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The X-Files reboot AAA+++

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I had mixed feelinga about the original X Files, too much monster stuff for my taste - but the new reboot [first episode was shown on 1/24/16] was a great mix of alien conspiracy theory and great sci-fi drama, The fact that much of the premise was based upon the mythology [or facts] we often cover here on ATS makes it even better - reminded in some ways of the old alien invasion series 'Dark Skies' which only ran for one season back in
1996-1997 [not to be confused with a newer movie by the same title from 2013 which was a sci-fi horror movie].

So if you like a lot of the alien, UFO, conspiracy stuff covered here on ATS and are a fan of good sci-fi don't miss it. Part two airs tomorrow night
but if you missed part one I believe you will be able to get that on Fox.com tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
X-Files
"Blurring the Line- The Next Generation"

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
I just thought most of us who miss the days of anonymity covered the camera lenses on our telescreens. I even did it on my phone.
The show is freeking amazing, and my pops woke up to a few things like the FEMA camps. He said "they just throw some fantasy in there" and I am like, umm no pop, those are not images they did for the show. Those actually exist right now, allow me to show you.

So does this mean Alex Jone's days are numbered, and maybe even ATS if we are to take the metaphors as warnings??

SPOILER

Like, why didn't the damn scientists just jump into the ARV and disappear when the corporate merc, M.I.C. thugs came in to murder and destroy. You would think they would at least have had a clue and been armed with some AK's and .308's you know??? Make them earn their oppression with their own blood right??? I swear, pacifist scientists never seem to learn.

The show was amazing, and mentioned in the other thread is a possible false flag event for Super Bowl 50. That would suck balls! The Colony, X-Files, Lucifer, the devil is about to use fake alien invasions to bring in the era of total dominion over the Earth using his greedy sub-human sellout servants.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Gene manipulation, alien agendas that aren't aliens. It was awesome.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   
If there was truth to the conspiracies suggested by the show, why would it be allowed to air on cable TV?

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
If there was truth to the conspiracies suggested by the show, why would it be allowed to air on cable TV?

So thats its easy for the media to say they've been wathimg too many x-files

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I thought it was ok, interesting in some aspects. The dialogue was pretty bad and the whole thing of meeting one alex jonesesque millionaire causing mulder to instantly discount the last 20 years of stuff he actually saw and experienced was just terrible writing.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
- reminded in some ways of the old alien invasion series 'Dark Skies' which only ran for one season back in
1996-1997

Very good series!!!
I am afraid it was to close to reality and so never continued.
edit on 25 1 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter

originally posted by: AlienView
- reminded in some ways of the old alien invasion series 'Dark Skies' which only ran for one season back in
1996-1997

Very good series!!!
I am afraid it was to close to reality and so never continued.

I agree - tied many popular events from Roswell to the assasination of JFK to an alien presence - That said I wonder how long they will let this new X-Files continue considering how many popular alien/government conspiracies it talked about ?
But as of now I think it is only supposed to be a mini series so I guess they can get away with it.

Another good alien invasion mini series from some years ago was Steven Spielberg's "Taken" , I think it ran for 10 episodes
and did a good job on covering the The Roswell crash, cover-up and government involvement, with good sci-fi to boot!

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I found the script awful, and the acting pathetic.

I'll keep watching to see if I can get pulled in, but I'm feeling let down so far.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I watched it to see what kind of damage they were going to do to the actual conspiracy universe.

I found it perfect.

With the internet the alien theories have _ F I N A L Y _ been decoupled from flying saucers. The restarted X-Files starts by blowing up the ARV. Now we can talk about the conspiracy on Earth.

Not only did the show succeed in NOT damaging the real conspiracy universe, it broadcast the progress we have already made in clearing up some conflation. Conspiracy thinkers are neither crazy nor your enemy. So far . . .

Mike Grouchy

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

What I didn't like was the fact they took the aliens out of the x-files....

At least in this episode.... Where we left off it was aliens, the government was aliens. The movies were about aliens...

This episode says the aliens came in Roswell, then everything since was the government.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
A lot of the technical terms are sound. For any mainstream viewers, these references could help open there eyes a bit more.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to the existing thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

PS. The Truth is out there.

top topics

join