It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Against Trump: Huge Number of Conservatives Go On Attack Against Trump in National Review

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
A 'Yuge' Number of Conservatives Just Shredded Donald Trump in the National Review

Donald Trump must be stopped: That's the theme binding an avalanche of essays by conservative thought leaders — 22 in all — that the National Review sent thundering down the political mountain onto GOP voters late Thursday, along with an editorial by the magazine's editors.

The GOP establishment is in an uproar, and out to destroy Trump by any means. The National Review has published a large number of "essays" by the GOP regulars who want to shred Trump and take him out of the primary, along with the National Review's editorial board of well-to-do intellectuals 'formal dismissal' of his candidacy.

See also: The inside story of National Review’s big anti-Donald Trump issue

Hannity, Beck, Levin, O'Reilly, Erikson, et. al. have resorted to ad-hominem attacks and dredging up the every negative of Trump's past (admittedly, no shortage there) to denounce him.

Additional sources and opposing viewpoints:

Trump rips GOP manifesto as National Review cut from debate

10 reasons National Review doesn't want Trump in the White House

GOP drops National Review from debate sponsorship over Trump attack

Top conservative magazine attacks Trump; BACKFIRES big time

And finally:

Why We Lose: National Review Launches Victorian-Era Attack On Donald Trump

PS: why does the WP article say "yuge," and not 'huge?" Apparently it's to poke fun of how Trump pronounces "huge." (Why Do Some People Say "Yuge" Instead of "Huge"?)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I do respect some of those names though. Not all, but some of them.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Let's keep Trump in the headlines to drown out the words of substance and meaning from qualified leaders with real ideas like Dr.Ben Carson and Bernie Sanders.

Not that their ideas are perfect, but at least they have them.
edit on 23-1-2016 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Looks like a boycott.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
But there is a Key piece of Information here that is missing, The RNC has dropped National Review like a soiled towel...

Which makes me wonder was this the chance the Establishment was waiting for to dump the conservative base of the RNC party.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Well, I said there would be hell toupee' if Trump keeps this social popularity momentum up and it seems I may have been vindicated.

It does indeed appear that the Grand Old Party is in meltdown because the Jester has the floor - are they falling on their own sword?

Time will tell, but this will only encourage Trump to exile himself from the GOP, and take all his (potential) voters with him.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

It's possible, but absent Trump, they don't have the popularity to bring in votes and why would anyone not in their base vote for them when they could just vote Democrat and get the non-dilute version of the same policies?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: CoBaZ
But there is a Key piece of Information here that is missing, The RNC has dropped National Review like a soiled towel...

Which makes me wonder was this the chance the Establishment was waiting for to dump the conservative base of the RNC party.

Hmmm.

Maybe they've been successfully infiltrated by operatives paid for by The Hillary Clinton for President Campaign.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Real leaders like a career politician and a doctor with no sense of reality?

Not that I support Trump or any of the candidates. If I had my way all the candidates would be stuffed in a barn and burned to the ground. But your defense of Sanders and Carson is asinine.
edit on 23-1-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2016 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Ah yes,
the fear sets in.

This Year,
YOUR VOTE COUNTS.

Yes, YOU.

Don't let them tell you otherwise.

best,
S&F

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CoBaZ

Well well,
Don't cha know.

Hoo Haa!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yes, and now Bloomberg is running the
numbers on the viability of
an Independent ticket.

HooHaa!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The National Review simply does not like a Populist campaign.
The National Review brought us Neo Cons.
The National Review is a failure.
William F. Buckley is turning over in his grave.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Like I said, at least they HAVE ideas.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   
This just makes me want to support him more.

I'm anti establishment and refuse to vote for any career politician.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Let's keep Trump in the headlines to drown out the words of substance and meaning from qualified leaders with real ideas like Dr.Ben Carson and Bernie Sanders.

Not that their ideas are perfect, but at least they have them.

Uh... Huh? Carson's busy trying to convince Republicans he can be a "tough guy" by admitting to attacking his Mom, trying to stab a friend, etc. Shouldn't that type of stuff disqualify someone as a leader?

I do agree with your point though. Media just wants good ratings at this point. So they're going to keep running whatever juicy stories they can, regardless of the content.

edit on 23-1-2016 by enlightenedservant because: typos

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer I never thought I would want to read the National Review!!

Too bad most Americans read little more than Facebook. They should have posted in twitter, not in print.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Those Republicans probably remember what happened when Palin was McCain's VP choice and now that she has endorsed Trump they have thrown him under the bus because they know her support is toxic.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

He's not leaving the party to run as an Independent, the party is leaving him.

"May you live in interesting times"...

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

It's still a print publication. They've been planning this for a couple months at least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join