It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calais port locked down as migrants break fences and board British ferry

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Around 50+ migrants have broken through a security fence and boarded a ferry in Calais, causing major disruptions to security and traffic.

sputniknews.com...

France’s port of Calais was closed on Saturday after migrants entered its territory and boarded one of the ferries at the port, local media reported Saturday.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) — According to the La Voix du Nord newspaper, some 200 migrants entered the port's territory after a demonstration in support of refugees, while 50 of them boarded the ferry named Spirit of Britain.

It seems activists helped them vandalise the fence and then around 50+ people stormed the ferry. Police have now attempted to remove the people from the ferry.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk...

Some 50 migrants stormed a ferry docked in Calais on Saturday, causing French authorities to close the port. The Migrants made their way on to the ship sparking a "security incident."

The Port of Dover released a statement saying Calais was experiencing "migrant activity.”

"The Port of Calais is currently experiencing migrant activity which has caused disruption to ferry services," the statement read. Therefore services to and from Calais via the Port of Dover are affected, but DFDS Seaways services are still running to Dunkirk as normal."

www.irishexaminer.com...

“The Port of Dover remains open for business, but the duration of this disruption to services remains unknown.”

P&O Ferries Updates tweeted: “The Port of Calais is resolving a security incident. As a result our vessels are subject to delay of between 90 and 120 minutes.”

It looks like most of them have been cleared off, but this security breach has caused some major delays and disruptions.

Whatever your opinions are on the immigration / refugee crisis, this is illegal behaviour. The activists should be arrested for vandalism and trespassing as well as illegally boarding a ship.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   
God help us, God save The Queen!!

With all due repsect, the French Autorities will not arrest these people, they will just send them back to the camp.

These people would be better well served if they exploited the U.K 's membership of the E.U. They should register for asylum in the first E.U country they arrive at, then become a citizen of the E.U country, get a passport and voila, you are free to live in the U.K.

Stop living in tented villages, apply for asylum in France, become a citizen of France, get a passport and voila, come and settle in the U.K.
edit on 23/1/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Immigrants migrate, refugees flee.

Aren't the French getting tired of guarding the UK?

Why are they seeking refuge in the UK? They already have refuge in France, right?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

eh...?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Aren't the French getting tired of guarding the UK?

They're guarding their own port. Calais in France. The ferry was British.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

We need to help ourselves and the French need to ship them all back home. And oh screw the German Queen!

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It's a silly thing to have happened. They will be rounded up and sent back to the camps, to be allowed to start the cycle all over again.

Man, these people are desperate to get here. I can't blame them, the U.K is fantastic, I absolutely love it here.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I think they should let them all on the boat, the activists too, then head south.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mr-lizard

I know where the ferry was going. The refugees are trying to leave France, whats to guard?

The "British" should guard their own passage, Chunnel, ferry, whatever.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I know where the ferry was going. The refugees are trying to leave France, whats to guard?

Yeah, they should have just let them go to England illegally so we could send them back to France. Man France and England are dumb, they coulda wasted a pile of cash and time if they had listened to you.

Thanks for your eye-opening opinion.

Edit: Just thought, why don't we allow them to jump on planes too since we're allowing them on boats unchecked? It's not like any of them are potential terrorists right, intrptr? Hell, we could send them to America since she isn't exactly blame-free in this. They can guard their own airports and skyscrapers though.
edit on 23/1/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The reason why these people don't seek asylum in France is because they will all be chucked out because they won't be eligible. When, or if, they arrive illegally in the UK they will just end up being sucked into the black economy. They are not after asylum, they are after crap jobs and abuse.

The UK does not want, or need, more people who live in the shadows and only become known when they are arrested for criminality, to then just leeches on the State as they wind through the protracted deportation process. These immigrants should just take the hint and go home.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   
They should stop everyone coming from Calais right now, especially Jeremy Corbyn and His fat girlfriend, Abbott.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Just thought, why don't we allow them to jump on planes too since we're allowing them on boats unchecked? It's not like any of them are potential terrorists right, intrptr?

Stop helping my country to bomb their homelands.

Since bombs miss, causing collateral murder, each time making not less, but more terrorists that want to come to your country.

How stupid is that?

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
And oh screw the German Queen!

Germany no longer has royalty, I believe the poster was referring to Queen Elizabeth, our British born and bred Queen.

On topic....

Why isn't France doing more to prevent this sort of thing happening? It is happening on their soil after all.

The rights of the refugees need to be taken care of, but at the same time some order needs to be maintained.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Why does this entire situation remind me so much of Noatradamaus qua trains?

Wish I could find a better source as an example.

Can anyone help me out,

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Sadly, I thought the "German queen" reference was aimed at Chancellor Merkel.

It appears that tensions are amping up. And still no answers WHY ME countries have NOT taken in refugees whose culture and religion are more in line with their own.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Glinda

It's because they are not refugees and they know it.

Jeez how dense is everyone!!!

Gaddafi told us they would invade EXACTLY like this!

Their increasing inclination towards lawlessness is an obvious example of their true intention.

Not complicated.

posted on Jan, 23 2016 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

EXACTLY...Europe is lost. And it was a well orchestrated plan.

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:37 AM
link   
This needs to stop soon. I can't believe what is going on.

edit on 24-1-2016 by BatheInTheFountain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Why not let them run around with free reign in France?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join