It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas holds children of Colorado veteran who uses medical marijuana.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Greetings ATS'ers wanted to bring this story to light here seeing as only local news seems to be reporting this.

He and his wife, Amelia, say Kansas took the five youngest of their six children into custody last April, and they've only seen them three times since.

These are not criminals!
Source

Raymond and Amelia say that as they were packing to leave, her mother took the kids to a police station in another county and reported them abandoned, an action her mother now regrets.
Perfect example why not to involve the authorities when it comes to anything related to cannabis...

Raymond served his country and this is how he was re-payed.

He lived in Colorado when the state legalized medical marijuana and obtained his own card.

He also tried to treat his symptoms with an assortment of medicines prescribed by the Department of Veterans Affairs — pain medicines, muscle relaxants, anti-anxiety drugs — but "they were making me crazy, they made me worse," he said.

Finally he developed a heroin addiction, but said he overcame that years ago with cannabis therapy.

I want all the prohibitionists out there to let that sink in for a minute...
Raymond resorted to heroine use because he was unable to treat his illness and pain with the plethora of pharmaceuticals the VA was feeding him. In fact they made him worse. Then he was able to beat his heroine addiction with the help of cannabis. Yet we are told cannabis is an addictive dangerous gateway drug!?!? Pharmaceuticals are the real gateway drug here.

Who here actually believes these children would be better of as wards of the state?

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Anybody who thinks it is ok to ruin another persons life (throw them in a cage, steal their children, etc) because of a plant deserves to be beaten and thrown in a cage themselves. You have no authority over my body. It is none of your business if I choose to smoke rather than drink alcohol, eat mcdonalds, and smoke cigarettes.

I know you christians think that anything pleasurable is inherently "sinful", but what you are doing is definitely evil. You should be ashamed to rape peoples lives over something less harmful than the fast food and energy drinks you shove down your childrens throats.

Oh and TV addicts are much lazier than most of the potheads I have met.

We need a cannabis revolution. We should put all non smokers in prison bc their life choices are different than ours since that is what they do to us.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

Raymond resorted to heroine use because he was unable to treat his illness and pain with the plethora of pharmaceuticals the VA was feeding him.

Well probably more likely that the pharmaceuticals pushed him to heroine, because that is a very common occurrence when someone is getting stronger and stronger pain killers.

I wonder why Kansas has so much power in this if they are living in CO?
And why the mother or mother in law decided to take the kids to the authorities like that.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Raymond resorted to heroine use because he was unable to treat his illness and pain with the plethora of pharmaceuticals the VA was feeding him.

Well probably more likely that the pharmaceuticals pushed him to heroine, because that is a very common occurrence when someone is getting stronger and stronger pain killers.

And why the mother or mother in law decided to take the kids to the authorities like that.

Isn't that what I said? I was just saying he didn't go to heroine willingly.
Look at Staten island. Their heroine epidemic is proven directly related to oxycodone being over prescribed then reduced.
Link

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Yeah.
I wonder if, by chance, there is a bit more to this story than it being over the use of medical pot.

edit on 1/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Whats legal in Colorado may not be legal in other states. They are subject to the laws of the state / county / city they are in.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Yeah.
I wonder if, by chance, there is a bit more to this story than it being over the use of medical pot.

Are you implying the parents are not fit?
Or that Kansas hates Colorado's cannabis laws?
If there were a problem with the parents the crazy mother in law would have stepped in a long time ago.

I would agree. We never get the whole story. But I highly doubt this is for any other reason than the cannabis.

edit on 16-1-2016 by JAY1980 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I would never allow my kids to be kidnapped away by the state, they would suffer severely for attempting that.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Well then your kids wouldn't have you around, either you would be in jail or 6 feet under.

Also, if you read the story you would see it was a family member that took the kids to the authorities.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Are you implying the parents are not fit?
No.

Or that Kansas hates Colorado's cannabis laws?
I don't think a state can hate.

If there were a problem with the parents the crazy mother in law would have stepped in a long time ago.
What crazy mother in law?

But I highly doubt this is for any other reason than the cannabis.
Do you often base opinions on one side of a story?

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

Bringing Christians into this is really ignorant since it is liberals and democrats who began making all these DSHS commie loving type laws decades ago. Now the effort is non partisan to take away rights from families and parents and both sides are doing so.. The ones doing that are not Christians.
Get a clue

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I want all the prohibitionists out there to let that sink in for a minute...
Raymond resorted to heroine use because he was unable to treat his illness and pain with the plethora of pharmaceuticals the VA was feeding him. In fact they made him worse. Then he was able to beat his heroine addiction with the help of cannabis. Yet we are told cannabis is an addictive dangerous gateway drug!?!? Pharmaceuticals are the real gateway drug here.

I just want this repeated. It cannot be said enough.

Thank you for posting. This is unconscionable and shameful.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Well then your kids wouldn't have you around, either you would be in jail or 6 feet under.

Also, if you read the story you would see it was a family member that took the kids to the authorities.

I would be six feet under, but I would die with honor protecting my family, and after I was gone my kids would know I wasn't a cowardly fool, but someone who stood tall in the face of tyrannical overstepping government and tried to protect them against being kidnapped by pieces of filth that make up our corrupted system.

For me that would never happen by a family member, since I have a family of integrity and honor. No backstabbing betrayers of trust in my family. Thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Here is some info from the dailyhaze that gives more info. It looks like child services backed down however the judge is the obstructing party.

Kansas judge refuses to bow down after taking a Colorado family’s children.

Written By: Heather Miles 1/15/2016

It’s been about 2 weeks since DailyHaze first brought you the story of Raymond and Amelia Schwab and there have been a lot of developments since then.

I spoke with Raymond this morning and there hasn’t been much change in the attitude of the Kansas court, who is still demanding that he abandon his medical marijuana treatment and resort back to his pharmaceuticals.

The problem is not so much the Department of Children & Families, but rather the judge who presides over this case. Unfortunately for the Schwabs, DCF is now backing down because they do realize that they overstepped but there is nothing the department can do, it is ultimately in the judges hands now that it has reached this point.

Judge John F Bosch sits on the bench in the 21st Judicial District in Kansas, appointed by none other than our marvelous Governor Sam Brownback in 2012. Bosch is a 1981 graduate of the University of Kansas School of Law and spent 30 years in private practice prior to his appointment to the bench.

One would think with all that experience, that Judge Bosch would understand the law, interpret the law in a sensible manner, and apply the law appropriately to the cases that he hears.

Sadly, this is not the case with the Schwab proceedings. Judge Bosch has absolutely disregarded the United States Constitution as well as the legislation in Kansas. He must have missed a geography class or ten, because he doesn’t seem to understand exactly where the border of the State of Kansas is on the map.

Judge Bosch has implied that he doesn’t care what state the Schwabs reside in, or what is legal there- if he doesn’t like it, that’s the way it is going to be. He has even went so far to say, “I don’t care what the law in Colorado is” in open court and on the record.

Raymond has fired all three of his attorneys and now is representing himself, something that citizens have the right to do, but not always the stomach. Raymond decided to go pro-se after he accidentally saw some reports taken by KVC Kansas regarding one of the 3 visits the couple had with their children. The information in that document was not accurate and when Raymond confronted the agency about it- Kansas Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) and Saint Francis came unglued. These are documents that are not shared with parents, but Raymond felt very strongly that the information within them should be accessible to him, considering the circumstances. Withholding this type of information is detrimental to his defense.

click link for remainder of article.

I am not familiar with the source so im not sure of how reliable / accurate it is.

edit on 16-1-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
A little too much self entitlement taking cannabis, medical or not, into Kansas. Really dumb.

States have different laws, YOU are responsible.

But, I'm also going with "more to the story".

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That does cast more (and more disturbing) light on the matter. Representing himself, not a good plan though. Next thing to wonder about, what did his three attorneys tell him. Still not enough information.

edit on 1/16/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: theyknowwhoyouare

I know you christians think that anything pleasurable is inherently "sinful", but what you are doing is definitely evil. You should be ashamed to rape peoples lives over something less harmful than the fast food and energy drinks you shove down your childrens throats.

Not all Christians. Not this Christian. Tis a blessed plant and a gift from nature and nature's God -- the Creator -- for the benefit of us all.

Please don't lump us all together and drown out our voices. It helps no one.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

For me that would never happen by a family member, since I have a family of integrity and honor. No backstabbing betrayers of trust in my family. Thanks

Awesome, but you never know until it happens. My point was this wasn't a case of the state coming in and kidnapping the kids like you think.

Glad you got your little rah rah rant in though about going down in blazing glory.

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Quote from Amelia:

I don't think what we're doing is illegal, immoral or wrong,” Amelia said.

Yes, Amelia --- it is illegal and wrong in Kansas.

YOUR opinion of the law means diddly squat. YOU do not make the laws of Kansas. YOU abide by the laws of Kansas when in Kansas.

www.rt.com...

posted on Jan, 16 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Awesome, but you never know until it happens. My point was this wasn't a case of the state coming in and kidnapping the kids like you think.

Glad you got your little rah rah rant in though about going down in blazing glory.

You are wrong though. It was a case of the state doing this. The judge in the case has been the author of this tyranny for the state.
Get a clue.
Just because the mother in law or whatever took the kids, she has no legal position to stand on, and the police and child services didn't have any authority to take her word for anything. They would have legally been required to return the kids and then they could have investigated the matter, but laws are being ignored in this case, that much is very clear,.
edit on 16-1-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join