It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus = Acceptance/Turn the other cheek, satanism = vengeance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Many people are scared to follow Jesus Christ out of fear that darkness/ evil/satan will take over.

Quotes from Jesus Christ on how to live:

Matthew 5:44-46 King James Version (KJV)

44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?

Luke 6:35-36 King James Version (KJV)

35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.

36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Some people choose to follow the nine satanic statements instead:

4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates.

5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek.

Even more interesting is that many people who call themselves "Christian" has these satanic beliefs as well. A big deception?
edit on 14-1-2016 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Many people are scared to follow Jesus Christ out of fear that darkness/ evil/satan will take over.

You're getting this statistic from where exactly?

Are you referring to Atheists? Because, no. No atheist is afraid to follow Jesus Christ because of Satan, because an Atheists lacks the belief that either existed, or at the very least, that either were gods (or demi gods, or what have you)

Even more interesting is that many people who call themselves "Christian" has these satanic beliefs as well. A big deception?

Ah yes, the whole "not a true Scotsman' bit. Although, I too find it ironic at the level of non-christ-like beliefs many Christians hold. Although, the bible is full of prejudice against others, keeping slaves is good, rape is acceptable (even of young children), beating your wife is necessary, and so on and so forth, so it's not too far fetched to see why some Christians feel that these actions are acceptable.

God just had an attitude adjustment in the new testament, it would seem.

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I wasn't talking about atheists specifically, but people who choose violence over Love. I don't know the statistics but there are a lot of people who believe in going to war for peace

And I didn't use a "no true Scotsman" fallacy. Those are real satanic beliefs of The Church of Satan. You can research "The Nine Satanic Statements" yourself.

The only thing I did was point out how both satanists and many people who call themselves Christian share these beliefs.

According to #5, Satan represents vengeance and not turning the other cheek, but many people who claim to worship God (the opposite of satan, Good against evil) also believe the same. I heard people claim to believe in a "vengeance" or "wrath" of God.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   

I was talking about atheist but people who choose violence over Love because I believe that God is Love.

I think you made a typo somewhere in that sentence. Did you mean "i wasn't talking about atheists"? or did you mean "I was talking about atheists, and also people who choose violence over love"?

Also, I'd still like that citation that backs your claim that many people who are Atheists (or violent over love people) fear Jesus because of satan.

And I didn't use a "no true Scotsman" fallacy. Those are real satanic beliefs. You can research "The Nine Satanic Statements" yourself.

I'm already familiar with the The Nine Satanic Statements. Actually, I find them far more reasonable and appealing than the Christians 10 commandments.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Just for the record, could you list where you got those 2 Satanic quotes? I'm pretty sure I read them in the Satanic Bible (or from other writings relating to the Church of Satan), but I'm not sure. Either way, listing where they come from will be helpful. Otherwise, it gives the impression that those quotes are from the Bible as well.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Yeah, it was a typo. I corrected the statement.

Also, I'd still like that citation that backs your claim that many people who are Atheists (or violent over love people) fear Jesus because of satan.

God is Love and according to that satanic statement satan represents vengeance. I was saying that people fear choosing Love over vengeance because they think they will be taken advantage of and that it will not make the situation better.

That saying, "kindness is a weakness" is evidence that people think that way.

I'm already familiar with the The Nine Satanic Statements. Actually, I find them far more reasonable and appealing than the Christians 10 commandments.

According to Jesus Christ, God's Law is not the 10 Commandments but Compassion:

"all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." - Matthew 7:12

The 10 commandments are Jewish supposedly received by a Jewish prophet named Moses by their god named "Yahweh/Jehovah" who was a god of war and a jealous god, not The Merciful Father of Heaven taught by Jesus.

edit on 15-1-2016 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Why would you follow Jesus...when Jesus was murdered.

Why would any occultist believe that murder of the spirit is Holy?

Occultism is the belief of harming spirit.....any spiritual human being would be aware of this fact.

Modern occultism is about reviewing spirit and then imposing an occultist/science belief that this information was to be practiced...how come? If any of us care to review both the Catholic/Nasa review of God and Christ....the organizations are reviewing spirit as if it has a purpose to be harmed.

We then review life as a condition imposed by occultism...science and see that human life has been harmed.

How difficult is it for any spiritual human being to regard occultism as religious teaching of ancient occult practices...the sciences of conversion of nuclear matter?

What is to argue about as a spiritual human......no harm should be done to any living creature...for the living creature is already harmed by its own natural creation. We are supposed to respect and pay homage to the already created natural suffering of spirit.....can't you review this spiritual truth yourself?

Science has even attacked the Buddhist beliefs and challenged their beliefs against their science. Yet the Buddhist realized that the ancient spirit of animals was once the spirit of our angelic brother.....a spirit that he converted his own person into.

Therefore our life realization has always known that evil occultism was practiced by our spirit before...without any archaelogical evidence to support spirit...angelic bodies or any other sort of notification.

In today's modern world, we have archaeological evidence to support our own personal spiritual reviews...we changed...we converted...we are now different as a human spirit because of what we did...conversion itself.

When is humanity going to become humane? I cry everyday wondering when the evil is going to stop.

Who amongst us is real and true to spirit...who will save us all from our inhumanity?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Jesus = Acceptance/Turn the other cheek, satanism = vengeance

Typical Xtian cherry-picked, strawman fallacy lies!
Typical Xtian demonization of anyone not infected with the same strain of 'belief infection' as you are!
Here you are bearing, Faithlessly, false witness against your neighbor!
Breaking obvious commandment in your Faithless slandering and persecutions!
And Jesus; "As you lie and slander the least of these 'Satanists' or atheists or gays, or whoever your might be your victim du jour!, so you do to me!" - Jesus to YOU!

According to Jesus, the ONLY identifying characteristic of his follower is his unconditional Love!
YOU seem bereft of the signs, thereof;

True, unconditional Love is ALWAYS recognized by It's unconditional Virtues; Compassion, Empathy, Sympathy, Gratitude, Humility, Charity (charity is never taking more than your share of anything, ever!), Honesty, Happiness, Faith...
ALWAYS!

Here, educate yourself!

www.churchofsatan.com...

The Nine Satanic Sins

by Anton Szandor LaVey ©1987

1) Stupidity--The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.

2) Pretentiousness--Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn't applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone's made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.

3) Solipsism--can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses, and sensibilities onto someone else who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy, and respect that you naturally give them. They won't. Instead Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of "Do unto others as they do onto you." It's work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian viewpoint) we are from that point.

4) Self-Deceit--It's in the Nine Satanic Statement but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered is when it is fun, and with awareness. But then, it's not self-deceit!

5) Herd Conformity--That's obvious from a Satanic stance. It's all right to conform to a person's wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of many.

6) Lack of Perspective--Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, everyday. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit the things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. So not be swayed herd constraints--know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.

7) Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxy's--Be aware that this one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something as "new" and "different", when in reality it's something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the "creator" and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.

8) Counterproductive Pride--The first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bath water. The rule of Satanism is if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you've painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, "I'm sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow," then do it

9) Lack of Aesthetics--This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. It is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off it most of the tome so it is discouraged in a consumer society, but is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for magical effectiveness. It's not what's supposed to be pleasing--it's what is. Aesthetics is a highly personal thing, reflective of one's own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.

the eleven satanic rules of the earth:

I Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
II Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure that they want to hear them.
III When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
IV If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
V Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
VI Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the person and he cries out to be relieved.
VII Acknowledge the power of magic if you have used it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
VIII Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
IX Do not harm little children.
X Do not kill non-human animals unless attacked or for your food.
XI When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

the nine satanic statements:

I Satan represents indulgence, instead of abstinence!
II Satan represents vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
III Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
IV Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!
V Satan represents vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek!
VI Satan represents responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires!
VII Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those who walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!
VIII Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
IX Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!

Faugh!

Preach your Polly-wanna-cracker empty worded 'Xtianity' to the wind!
Without unconditional Love, you have nothing worth sharing!
Who do you have to persecute next to validate your (imaginary) 'beliefs'!

Love is not for 'believing in', it is a state of Being to be experienced and shared!

edit on 15-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Thanks. And yeah, I figured it was from them. I did a little test with some of my coworkers over them several years ago. Needless to say, a lot of people in the Deep South follow most of those rules and don't even realize it.

As for the OP, I can give you a simple answer from my religion. We believe that without constant prayer and guidance, anyone can drift astray. So even if a person's intentions are good, he/she can still be led away from his/her faith by others. And it doesn't help that many cultures highlight and even glorify the ideas from that source (especially dumb subcultures like the "hyper-masculine" ones that glorify war, vengeance, being promiscuous, etc).

Another thing to remember is that not everyone's going to Heaven. In fact, many people don't even want to go to Heaven, even if they believe in it. The Qur'an has a phrase about that, which is basically those who "purchase the life of the world at the price of going to Heaven".

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: namelesss

You just quoted the same thing I did about satan (see bolded text):

IV Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates!

VI Satan represents responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires!
VII Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those who walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!
VIII Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
IX Satan has been the best friend the church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years!

So how did I bear false-witness?

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: beenharmed

Why would you follow Jesus...when Jesus was murdered.

Why would any occultist believe that murder of the spirit is Holy?

It isn't, but unfortunately Catholics think so.

Jesus says that the devil is the murderer not God. Without the devil there would be no pain and sudfering (death). There would only be Spirit (Life/Love/Peace/Light).

John 8:44 King James Version (KJV)

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

You said:

When is humanity going to become humane? I cry everyday wondering when the evil is going to stop.

When people believe that God is Love, and that every Word, Thought, and Act of Love/Compassion is a praise to God; Then the world will change for the better very quickly.

While people continue to believe in wrathful war gods, they'll continue to bring sin (which is death/darkness/suffering).

Compassion is The Narrow Path of Life:

Matthew 7:12-14 King James Version (KJV)

12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Isn't this similar to what The Buddha taught, too? To have Compassion for all beings? A simple Spiritual Practice for Peace that people complicate unfortunately.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   

You just quoted the same thing I did about satan (see bolded text):

Yes, the entire thing, IN CONTEXT!

So how did I bear false-witness?

By taking one bit out of context of the whole thing, like Xtians are wont to do from the bible, only the stuff that 'feels good'.
All you took was a phrase out of context to make a group of people look bad!
Not a Loving thing, and certainly dishonest, if not a lie!
It is a simple matter to use a bit of truth to fashion a lie!
THAT is bearing false witness!
Had you mentioned all, and offered a well rounded 'critique', if you can, that would at least have been intellectually honest!

I can cherry-pick scriptural validation for all sorts of atrocities from your bible, shall I condemn all who base their 'beliefs' on it because of those few (more than a few!) passages?

edit on 15-1-2016 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   

It is a simple matter to use a bit of truth to fashion a lie!

I used the quote about satan representing vengeance to show that satanism represents vengeance.

How is that "fashioning" a lie?

Had you mentioned all, and offered a well rounded 'critique', if you can, that would at least have been intellectually honest!

This thread is not about all of the teachings of satanism, therefore I did not have to quote all of them. This thread is about one teaching of satanism ("Satan represents vengeance"), so the only quote I needed was the one I used.

I can cherry-pick scriptural validation for all sorts of atrocities from your bible

It's not "my" bible and if you want to take a verse to use it as proof that the bible promotes this or that teaching, sure, why not?

shall I condemn all who base their 'beliefs' on it because of those few (more than a few!) passages?

That's your choice and I did not condemn anyone so that example does not compare to what I'm doing. I only pointed out a belief shared by satanists and by many people who say they believe in God. I did not condemn any person or people. I'm only discussing beliefs and a belief and a human being are two different things.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

I am curious of what he would make of Islamic practices of how Sharia dictates how people who won't convert or people who leave it are to be treated?

Can you turn the other cheek and should you if your life in is danger? Islam tells you to lie to protect yourself and especially Islam itself, would Christ have given the same advice?

Atheists don't pose a problem to Christian teaching and fortunately we are past the trips of the dogma-riding missionaries. If you leave, the worst scenario is that you will be ostracised by a few.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   

I wasn't talking about atheists specifically, but people who choose violence over Love. I don't know the statistics but there are a lot of people who believe in going to war for peace

And I didn't use a "no true Scotsman" fallacy. Those are real satanic beliefs of The Church of Satan. You can research "The Nine Satanic Statements" yourself.

The only thing I did was point out how both satanists and many people who call themselves Christian share these beliefs.

According to #5, Satan represents vengeance and not turning the other cheek, but many people who claim to worship God (the opposite of satan, Good against evil) also believe the same. I heard people claim to believe in a "vengeance" or "wrath" of God.

You're reading too far into a translation of a translation...turn the other cheek is incorrect and promotes lame cowardice among Christians

"When the court translators working in the hire of King James chose to translate antistenai as “Resist not evil,” they were doing something more than rendering Greek into English. They were translating nonviolent resistance into docility. The Greek word means more than simply to “stand against” or “resist.” It means to resist violently, to revolt or rebel, to engage in an insurrection. Jesus did not tell his oppressed hearers not to resist evil. His entire ministry is at odds with such a preposterous idea. He is, rather, warning against responding to evil in kind by letting the oppressor set the terms of our opposition.

A proper translation of Jesus’ teaching would then be, “Do not retaliate against violence with violence.” Jesus was no less committed to opposing evil than the anti-Roman resistance fighters like Barabbas. The only difference was over the means to be used.

This, certainly, would help the pacifist reading of this passage – although it would not make the case of course. It would help the pacifist cause because in order to take this passage as a call to pacifism – the rejection of force against all adversaries in all circumstances, it would have to be a passage telling people how to behave in all circumstances. Clearly, offering no resistance to evildoers in any circumstances is at odds with the pacifist principle of non-violent resistance. Wink thus seeks to resolve this tension by saying that Jesus wasn’t speaking against resistance generally, because the word specifically means violent resistance or revolution. Wink emphasizes this elsewhere:

[The translation is] not wrong – the word antistenai – anti means “against” and stenai means “stand” – means to stand against somebody or offer resistance. But what was overlooked by the translators is that antistenai is a technical term for “warfare.” It refers to the marching up of two armies in solid ranks until they collide in this deafening cacophony of steel against steel, and they suddenly stand there and disembowel each other until one side has had all it can take and they break and run. Antistenai is the word that describes that bloody encounter."

rightreason.org...

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Can you turn the other cheek and should you if your life in is danger? Islam tells you to lie to protect yourself and especially Islam itself, would Christ have given the same advice?

can you, and would you are two different questions...

Christ said forgive on to 77 times... which is, well nothing anyone can do when survival is concerned...

I think if Jesus was in the position of actually getting his butt kicked... he would submit, and hopefully his followers would kick your ass for him... unlike last time around

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
All you fools with easy reading NLV bibles amuse me. The word of God was never intended to be perverted in this manner. Your entire thread is moot because of unintelligent Christians lol

Jesus wouldn't have fought? Lmao. You've never read a real bible

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Do you really think he would have - then why did he submit to being crucified then? Go kick your own ass you look as though you could reach.

posted on Jan, 15 2016 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shiloh7
a reply to: Akragon

Do you really think he would have - then why did he submit to being crucified then? Go kick your own ass you look as though you could reach.

apparently it was his time...

no need to get nasty... geez

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join