It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The rhetoric on ATS recently.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Quite frankly I'm am ashamed of some here on ATS recently.
Calling a whole group of people animals (all of them) saying they should be wiped out...
I despise religion all of them but I don't hate the people until they use their religion to hurt or effect others.
Millions of people are just doing what we all do in life., love each other have a relationship with their god and bring up their family safe and sound but reading ATS recently some are attempting to paint everyone with the same brush.
The media is pushing this also and some are falling for it lapping it up and frankly I thought better of folk here.
I thought we were the ones who didn't fall for the mainstream media pushing us all apart wanting us to kill each other...some are not and are fighting a good fight but I know we how will not accept that every Muslim wants every unbeliever dead are getting sick of it.
Someone once wanted another lot of people wiped out Hitler and the speech I see is getting more like that everyday.
Yes there are a lot of problems happening in the world and many criminals and some terrorists will have come over to the EU and I hope our security services are on the ball.
But I live in a Muslim area near Bradford in the UK my workpals are muslim as my neighbors they hate fundy Muslims as much as you or I all they want to do is bring up their kids in safe environment and have a laugh just like us.
They are human beings....
I agree deal with the fundy ones harshly as I would ask of any fundy religious folk who use terror to push their ideology but 99% are just people.
I think some need to look in the mirror and ask themselves the real reason they want to hate every Muslim.
Anyhow saddened and with a day off I will now open my Christmas bottle of scotch and drown my sorrows.
edit on 12-1-2016 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Agreed. The problem here is the large majority (once more) actually committing these atrocities "are of muslim faith".

We've read it a hundred times. "Not all muslims are terrorists, however, most terrorists are muslim"...

Sadly. ..... we could always, especially in these times, do with much less hate.....

Scotch. Scotch, I like scotch!
edit on 12-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-1-2016 by ReadLeader because: Sp

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

The meme of collective punishment (yes, pushed even here on ATS sadly enough) due to the actions of a few nutcases is the result of social media propaganda which appears to suggest all Syrian and M.E male immigrants are rapists coming to take the females and destroy the social structure of the countries.

This same propaganda also portrays ISIS as a massive unstoppable religious extremist conglomerate with one trillion followers - all bombers and rapists and all Muslim, even the moderate ones. To make matters worse, this same propaganda suggests that Obama is aiding the immigration and insurgency in these European and ME countries and only Trump has the "final solution"

Just continue to maintain the moral high-ground my friend and keep fighting the good fight with your peace-loving neighbours, and call it when you see it on the boards.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   

There is only one entity that I'd like to see go the way of the Dinosaurs and thats ISIS, No, I wont apologize for those feelings.

No.

Reading people state wiping this country or that off the map because they disagree with this or that form of Government really demonstrates to me a lack of understanding that this or that country are filled with great people who cannot control what TPTB do in their name.

other than that flame away.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I agree wipe them out but it is talk of native Muslims in the UK and USA being of the same ilk as them that is spreading here.
It is like saying every Christian is as bad as the West borough baptist church.
I don't think people know you can have very moderate Muslims as any religion some I know have a drink and eat the odd bacon butty.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

ISIS and some western media are all using propaganda to make people hate each other like I said why are some falling for it?.
The bigger question is who is pulling the strings eh? I honestly think a religious war is being manufactured to help the population fall It will only suceed If people fall for it.

*Two fingers down the hatch pour another

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
Quite frankly I'm am ashamed of some here on ATS recently.

It's called freedom of speech, man.
Try not to let it get you down.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamnotadoctor

I agree and that is why I will use mine with reason and logic and empathy for my fellow man.
And fight the hate being pushed.
I just used to think all of the ATS crowd were the good guys also

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

ISIS and some western media are all using propaganda to make people hate each other like I said why are some falling for it?.
The bigger question is who is pulling the strings eh? I honestly think a religious war is being manufactured to help the population fall It will only suceed If people fall for it.

*Two fingers down the hatch pour another

I have to agree 100% with this and have been saying so for a while now.

It has gotten to the point were I have removed a large group of forums from my feed as to not get drawn into the same old arguments.

Hopefully the plan will fail but given it's current progress I am not overly hopefull.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   

a reply to: SLAYER69

I agree wipe them out but it is talk of native Muslims in the UK and USA being of the same ilk as them that is spreading here.
I don't think people know you can have very moderate Muslims as any religion some I know have a drink and eat the odd bacon butty.

What Every single person here on ATS and indeed in the rest of the world needs to do is acknowledge and name the group responsible correctly.

People get that Westboro Baptists are bat# insane and are radicals, not the true voice of Christianity. They are radical dumb uneducated and plain stupid RADICAL Christians.

The same goes for Muslims. The enemy is RADICAL Islam.

Just like Christianity has its different denominations, Islam has different sects that have different focuses and interpretations of the Quran.

Let's not be as ignorant as those radicals and call them by their correct term, radical Islamists.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Being a bit of a hippy though we could have a "make friends with a Muslim day"
Tell you what you would all get on with my pal Nat she is a rum bugger
sexually harassed me at work last night
by looking at me bum and whistling then giggling with some others lol.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I just wish people would realize that;

He is Muslim and killed people, therefore, most Muslims are terrorists!

and

He is Muslim and is nice, therefore, most Muslims are nice!

That's the same sweeping logic process there.

I don't believe in blind generalization and there are good and bad people in every group.

That said, I one hundred million percent believe in stereotypes.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Yup I fear radicals of all religions tbh.
I know loads of people who are religious and get on with them all, I know of a romeo and Juliet romance at work between a muslim and a Hindu who have just run off and gotten married
it shows we can all get on you are right it is the radicals who are the problem.
But when we accidentally arm a massive group of them and then millions of innocent people get displaced because of that we have the moral responsibility to help them.
Many would do the same in their boat.
It is a crappy situation.
The odd thing is though what the radicals always do is directly against the religious teachings of the religion they follow...

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Being a bit of a hippy though we could have a "make friends with a Muslim day"
Tell you what you would all get on with my pal Nat she is a rum bugger
sexually harassed me at work last night
by looking at me bum and whistling then giggling with some others lol.

Your friend sounds awesome and sadly would be considered an enemy of true Islam by these radicals. That would make her just as much a target as you for being Atheist or me being gay.

Westernized Muslims are not the enemy at all.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

It gets frustrating having the same conversation over and over, and it detracts from some of the bigger issues for sure.

Where is the outrage that young people are being tricked into strapping on explosives and blowing themselves up in public? This has to be the most shocking exploitation of youth that I have ever seen in my lifetime, but it is hardly mentioned. Why? Because it happens to 'them' - you know, the bad ones.

If we stop hating and start thinking, we might get a bit further forwards.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
It's always good to keep in mind that the forums dealing with religion, race, 9/11, are so infested with trolls these days that it is almost impossible to participate in them. It will inevitably piss you off.

If the owners considered another 'tier' of forums that only longtime users, with proven decency could access for these kinds of topics, it would be worth trialling in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I take one of my dudes to a Mosque in Bradford I have to sit in the back as a none believer and watch my dude run about picking up stuff (autism) while everyone is praying at first they were all a bit shocked and annoyed he didn't pray like them but I had a long chat with the Imam he was happy to explain to all that while my dude can't do what everyone else does he is having his religious experience by being there in his own and special way.
I can't take him as often as I wanted but that chat I had with the Imam and the way he not a native born Brit came over here 40 years ago and how proud he is of being now a British citizen heck he now has a broad Bradford accent.
He told me he is so agry with some using his religion for hate he really did welcome me and others into their mosque and I actually enjoy going it is a bit funny
(don't worry not gonna become a muslim) I get the same response when I take my others dudes to church a CoE one the priest is a cool dude and says don't take the bible literally and use it in todays standards of society.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

Sorry went gabbing on then lol.

Poverty and no future and clever propaganda and bad education is the real reasons anyone joins a gang or religious group intent on crime or killing.

If everyone had a job we wouldn't have many folk going off and joining any stupid group.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

Just gave me an awesome Idea.

posted on Jan, 12 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

That's a broad sweep! I haven't seen much rhetoric on native Muslims

those who have been ensconced in UK or USA for some time. It is perhaps

due to them enjoying the western freedoms that they are at the very

least less radical than the 'newcomers'?

They are less than moderate ... they are lapsed! It is totally against their

religion to drink or eat bacon!! A bit like a catholic exercising birth control.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join