It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC says Thailand is among 7 top places in the world to live after retiring

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Many might disagree based on family, friends, and hopefully stuff being paid off. However in many countries taxes on what you think you own will eat a retirement fund, month after month, year after year.

Also one must have something of interest to do or many retirements will be short and deadly IMO. Anyway thought some might be interested in the article.

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

The seven best places to live after retirement are Panama, Ecuador, Malaysia, Spain, Malta, Portugal, and Thailand.

englishnews.thaipbs.or.th...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

the article also assumes the continued democratic governance and rule of law being maintained

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the article also assumes the continued democratic governance and rule of law being maintained

There's no guarantee of that anywhere is there?
edit on 8-1-2016 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:05 AM
link   
anyone else just think of the "capital of thailand" joke?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

my point was that should the country i am in descend into anarchy - i would rather be in the UK than thialand

no offence to the thia people - but i suspect that if thier enture country goes down the toilet - the average thia thug will pick the male caucasian in his neighborhood to scapegoat // loot // murder first .

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape I think I'd rather just retire somewhere, with a bit of sun, beaches and a more sociable retirement culture. My parents retired to Spain and love it, for the sun and the social scene out there. All the retires a look about 10 years younger out there with their active lifestyles and sociable outlook. It looks like the movie cocoon out there. Much more active than they would be stuck in the cold and dark in the uk.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Actually the country is under Military leadership at present and the rule of law is actually being beefed up with crack downs on corruption and bribes.

Panama, Ecuador, Malaysia, and Thailand I have been to and could live there without much adjustment with Ecuador being my last choice of the bunch. Spain, Malta, Portugal.... not enough time in those places to make an informed decision..However I do have some friends who bought property in a few of those countries after the last crash.. They rent the properties out but do not live there...

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Yes, I can see it now...living in sauna-like conditions year round in some bamboo shack, a bewildering variety of deadly bugs all around you, and lots of poor oriental people babbling away in their incomprehensible tongue, while checking out the latest 'rich westerners' to turn over...what's not to like?

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   
wasn't Thailand once that Magical Place known as SIAM

Siam (back when Shangri-la was idealized by the western world) was painted as an Enchanting place where the 'King and I" was the setting, and only goodness sprang forth...

so much for that once charming image of heaven-on-earth...Or a modern 'Eden', garden of Earthly delights
edit on th31145225660108362016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Me love your pewter - long time !

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I thought Thailand had a slight Islamic problem because our gas engineer, after looking after our boiler for years has gone out there to retire. He mentioned this but thought it would be alright and said it was a lovely country with very good facilities.

I suppose as Ignorant_ape says "continued democratic governance is maintained."

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Thailand is indeed one of the greatest, biggest, funnest, most amazing adult playgrounds in the world.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Hahaha, no thanks.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I would be terrified to have my young grandchildren visit me, especially Thailand.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
I would be terrified to have my young grandchildren visit me, especially Thailand.

Why? Expand.
edit on 8-1-2016 by and14263 because: Words

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

The lack of laws for sex slavery. We have a friend who goes there since Vietnam nam,but he won't live there.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

You're clearly forming your opinion from heresay, tabloid journalism and 'he said - she said' conversations.

You think your grandchildren are going to be stolen from the streets and sold as slaves?

I can only laugh at statements like yours.

The world truly is a misled place. You had better stay in America where everything is safe and everyone is really clever.

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Do they have amber alerts and the will for mass manhunts? Do they have laws for prosecution no matter religion or creed?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join