It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do POTUS never visit Area 51

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Almost certain that their heads would explode both literally and figuratively. With all the testing that has been done in Nevada I wonder why the EPA would even have an office there...surely gives them nightmares

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ceeker63

Who says they haven't? Really? C'mon now..

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Kennedy visited the NTS. Now it wouldn't be hard for him to be driven to Groom Lake from the NTS.

The trick is POTUS is always under supervision by the press, so you need a cover story that would allow access to Groom Lake but deny the press.

Travel from the NTS to Groom Lake is possible to monitor, but a seriously doubt the press would do so since it would require being on Tikaboo.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hillary just announced she is going.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

She probably reads ATS.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I know of one for sure, although technically it doesn't count because it was a good bit before he became President...

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Who says they don't or haven't? If it is classified they wouldn't exactly publish a public itinerary now would they?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gariac

if you seriously think that POTUS could not ditch the press you are gullible.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: baglady333
a reply to: gariac

if you seriously think that POTUS could not ditch the press you are gullible.

Have a nice day.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
Sounds like hearsay to me.

Sure does.

But so does your post come to think of it...

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Why do POTUS never visit Area 51?

Because there's nothing interesting for the POTUS to see there!

All the really "fun" stuff either was never there, or has long since been moved to other installations that the public doesn't know about or suspects.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Why do POTUS never visit Area 51?

All the really "fun" stuff either was never there, or has long since been moved to other installations that the public doesn't know about or suspects.

Your reply contradicts itself. You admit the possibility that "all the really "fun" stuff" was at Area 51 but this contradicts your previous reason for why the POTUS never visits the secret base, namely, "because there's nothing interesting for the POTUS to see there". Because you are desperately seeking an explanation for why the POTUS never visited Area 51, you try to have your cake and eat it, too. Your argument falls apart due to logical inconsistency.

The question posed in this thread is misconceived. It assumes that there could be a need for the POTUS to visit the secret base. The truth is that there isn't such a reason. The President is just a civilian without sufficient security clearance for information to be shared with him about the topic with the highest level of secrecy surrounding it. Clinton tried to find out about UFOs and Area 51, and the door was slammed in his face. The same will happen to his wife if she tries to keep her promise to provide disclosure on winning the presidency of the USA. So no POTUS would ever be allowed to visit the area even if he tried to order such a visit. He or she would soon find out just how limited the president's authority is.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
There is an interesting article on various Presidents Area 51 & UFO's here
Clinton on UFO's

I wasn't aware Jimmy Carter had seen a UFO but seem to recall that Clinton once asked to go to Area 51 and was told he didn't have clearance.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I don't know... that hangar filled with a ten foot pile of green rotary telephones sounds interesting.

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm not convinced regarding POTUS not having proper clearance. But visits by distinguished visitors are never the same as an ordinary day at work. The visit could be a dog and pony show. Or it could be nothing at all of you believe the story that some senator visited the TTR to verify it was in caretaker status, so the base told most of the staff to stay home that day.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPAI do not have any evidence that any POTUS has ever visited. However, I think we Americans can know for sure when the POTUS does travel in America. Secrets are hard to keep within our borders as to when the POTUS leaves the WH and travels. POTUS do not go on secret missions. At least I do not think they would.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58Janet flites are usually observed by someone on the ground. If AF1 showed up at McCarren air port surely someone would notice a big USAF 747.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ceeker63
a reply to: Zaphod58Janet flites are usually observed by someone on the ground. If AF1 showed up at McCarren air port surely someone would notice a big USAF 747.

What makes you think the POTUS only travels by Air Force One?

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Who said he had to make a special trip? If he was there to make a speech or for something already, he could slip over. Or like I said, C-40 to Nellis, then drive over.

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Olympus is where all the fun's at. Why bother with A51?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join