It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You cannot fight globalism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
If you're against globalism, you've already lost, because globalism is the natural evolution of mankind's history. Globalism is the child of science & technology, and as such it is almost a natural phenomenon. Fast means of transportation + instantaneous communication = globalism. The solution is not to look back with nostalgia, but to look ahead. The elitists on this planet who dream of total power over the human mammals did not invent globalism one night while smoking a cigar, but they are merely accompanying it to make sure it serves their dream of grandeur, just like a politician uses every natural disaster to further his own agenda.

If you're against globalism, it means you have no plan and you're not aware of what's going to happen. To look back with nostalgia is not a plan, it's apathy. And when you go against someone who has a plan and you have none, you've already lost. The elitists have a plan.

The real question is not to ask if we should fight globalism or not, but what kind of globalism do we want ? Do we want a giant supermarket where every human being is an isolated individual with no power, a slave to some power ? Or do we want to use this opportunity to create something new, a new paradigm ? Do we want technology to be confiscated by multinational firms as it is today, or do we want technology to be used for the good of mankind ?

I know what I personally want. I want more freedom and not less. I want less monstrous inequalities not more. I want technology to be used to free mankind from the archaic struggle for survival.

What kind of globalism do you want ?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
We will have a one world government one day it is inevitable and like you said part of social evolution.
Let's make sure we get the right ones in and not some religious loons.
I suspect the day we find out we are not alone in the universe is the day it starts happening.
A bit like star trek.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Hit it with a stick, I'd say.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   

What kind of globalism do you want ?

While I agree that there is a constant creep towards Globalism, I do think my view is to minimize how much I am personally impacted by its implementation. I don't like Governments or people that think they are in charge of what I choose to think, buy or do. Therefore, the Globalists are simply another level of the 'enemy' in my opinion.

I will NOT embrace Globalism nor will I support it in any way. We may have to accept it at some level, however, I plan to fight it to minimize it as much as possible.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It gonna happen regardless wether we like it or not, just hope it a smooth transition with few eggs being broken.
edit on 4-1-2016 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I will refuse to participate in globalism. Will it stop globalism? No.

But I don't care.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
If you're against globalism, you've already lost, because globalism is the natural evolution of mankind's history. Globalism is the child of science & technology

I sort of hang to that, but then I think it's a bit singular too. Science & technology is fine in many ways, but when I see McDonald's opening in Rangoon, I think...very bad words.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with globalism in any way if done right. Sadly it's not on route to be done right at all.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

It is a natural thing.
My basic view on this is that the top of the pyramid should be totally reversed. Most of the power should go to local communities. Gowing up the scale to bigger areas should be diminishing power. The world level powers would have to be mere guidelines in nature.

However I don't think it would be possible at all under the current social and monetary systems to achieve something like a global government without the use of excessive amounts of tyranny and murdering. So until mankind puts a system in place that is fair to each and every living creature on this planet, I'll take the safe route and try to fight off the globalist agenda for now.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Indeed, a united society is the natural evolution of this planets inhabitants, however...

I do not believe in a global society where everyone is chipped, everyone is monitored and everyone is controlled. I don't want a global cabal to dictate the extent of my freedoms and I do not believe it is conducive to the betterment of society to encourage precious snowflakes to treat their feelings as equal to facts and that there is no first and last but everyone gets a trophy. I do not want a militarized law enforcement overwhelming society.

Between Hollyweird, the Kardashian crowd and the global elite bloodlines, what I described above is the blueprint for their New World Order.

I don't want that type of "globalism" - that is a prison planet - plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Do not confuse society with government.

One is beneficial and natural and the other is harmful and contrived.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Even if it does happen "correctly" and peacefully, corruption is born from the mind therefore it will continue to exist regardless. Your one world representative(s) might want to put their guard up since there will always be opposition trying to deceive, infiltrate, hijack and redirect the outcome. When you put power into the hands of the people, globalism simply cannot exist. Individualism is to humanity, where sovereignty exists in the pride of a nation. Either of them are hard to take away.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Globalism, never going to happen. Globalism is just the present term for an ancient desire that history, repeating itself as it will, records failure after failure.

These so called elites that think fulfilment of their puny plans will be the culmination of greatness have deluded themselves.

I do not agree that to resist globalism, one must also have a plan. I think the elites are very afraid of something and I am certain they do not understand. Those that see themselves as so superior as to think they have the right to make any plans for mine or anybody's life but their own, are pathetic. No matter how much traction they may achieve in their plans to dominate the world, they will soon fail.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
There is no escaping globalism. If you buy products made in Mexico, China, anywhere other than the US, If you participate in banking, investing etc. it's a global economy ruled by the globalists. If you watch TV, many of the satellite signals are from European and even Japanese hardware. The www. has made the world so small that the economy is a global economy with trading and speculation a global enterprise.

Who ever controls the money has got the world by the short hairs.

www.globalistagenda.org...

I'm betting the computer you are using was manufactured in China, Korea or Japan. A direct result of globalism....
edit on 4-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: teapot

I heard an interesting saying today.

"Those who don't study history will repeat it, those who study history will understand when it happens again."

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   

First, I like your OP. Its interesting and an interesting topic and brings to mind arguments people make in favor of "fair" trade vs. "free" trade.

But it also brings to my mind the fact that in the US there are many people who are going in precisely the opposite direction with their "go local" initiatives. Where I live, people raise their own food in gardens and trade their surplus of X for a neighbors surplus of Y. We trade tomatoes for eggs. The lady down the street keeps chickens and ducks. I make ammo in popular hunting calibers and trade that for venison. And just about everything gets recycled into compost heaps to fertilize our gardens.

So.......I dunno. I guess the type of "Globalization" we'd like to see is the one which doesn't infringe on our rights and our neighbor's rights to engage in a sustainable lifestyle. The failure of Globalization I fear is the internationalism of infectious diseases.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's true through any society past and present that refuses to learn from there previous mistakes and transgressions is doomed to repeat the same.

This aspect of humanity is most lightly responsible for our fragmented history and obscures our very beginnings. Then again it has to be this way so the chosen minority can control the masses.

Sad that we refuse to wake up even in the information age we live in. IMHO Humanity needs defragmenting.
edit on 4-1-2016 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
The only way to get rid of Globalism is to get rid of America. Globalization agenda is totally based in America. Without America, EU would fail hard. Russia wouldn't have the technology or be forced to rush stolen or given technology from America. China wouldn't be building an advance army. Middle East would still be using horse Calvary. Africa would still being living like tribes. South America wouldn't have a single technology. Everything we have now is because of America giving away technology or technology being stolen.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Don't forget the efforts to make that "go local" way of life illegal. What a wonderful world we live in.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What has evolution got to do with allowing the greedy and unelected fascist, total control of the world. When the next large meteorite hits this earth, or WW3, you will understand why globalization is a bad idea. Without local industry supplying basic needs, many nations will revert back to the dark ages.

It also doesn't surprises me that someone who supports AGW would also support globalization. Clearly the real polluters this world is the shipping industry that uses as much as 1/3 the worlds oil, shipping ore, products and food worldwide. But AGW is all about increasing taxation for the UN so it can implement globalization.

The different cultures this world make this planet special. The Globalist really don't care about anything but power and greed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join