It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop posting bs opinion pieces!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I am so sick of "news" sources posting their biased hit pieces without any forum for comment. NO CREDIBLE institution leaves the conversation one way.

If you want to post a piece on how cheating helped your marriage, make sure comments are enabled. If you want to make an argument about gun control, make sure comments are enabled.

Do anything less and you're just a coward spouting personal ideals in a closed forum and should under no circumstances be taken seriously.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well the great thing about the internet is that participation isn't always welcome or required. Not every site is ATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

I didn't know one could disable comments when creating a thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

he is referring more to internet columnists, much like one in the newspapers. But even the newspapers will sometimes pick responses that are mailed, emailed, or texted to post the following day or week to put in the back pages.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Comments being enabled for articles means nothing to me. It may be more honest not to enable them. More times than not I have found that sites that do allow posting comments filter out rational dissenting views so it will give the impression of consensus minus a few nutty people that disagree.

Those systems are worse than no system for comments.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 12:45 AM
link   

So freedom of speech is only allowed if comments are enabled?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

The irony

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Helious
I am so sick of "news" sources posting their biased hit pieces without any forum for comment. NO CREDIBLE institution leaves the conversation one way.

If you want to post a piece on how cheating helped your marriage, make sure comments are enabled. If you want to make an argument about gun control, make sure comments are enabled.

Do anything less and you're just a coward spouting personal ideals in a closed forum and should under no circumstances be taken seriously.

If it is someone;s personal blog, it is up to them. Maybe they don't want trolls or don;t have time to respond to each person and would want to attempt it if comments were enabled.

For awhile FOX news disabled comments on their site (that was probably a good idea), but they put them back. CNN has comments enabled on some articles but not all, all the time. Infowars should really just turn theirs off..forever lol.

There are plenty of places on the internet to comment. Once you are signed up for Disqus, you can find really, too many, places to give your opinion. I don't think we are lacking in places to comment on the internet.
edit on 2-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

You might be forgetting when we just had newspapers. People could write letters to in rebuttal to an opinion piece and the editor might pick one or 2 the next week to print, or not.
edit on 2-1-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Yes, annoying, isn't it?

That's why I take BBC news items with a pinch of salt, as you can't leave comments for the majority.

Now and then they will enable comments from readers, but it's quite savagely moderated (like Grimpachi was saying).

If you show any worrying signs of not being a PC, left-leaning, woolly liberal lovey, your comment will disappear into the ether very quickly.

With no explanation.

new topics

top topics

join