It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1950's US nuclear target list revealed

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The New York Times has come out with a very interesting article here.
Basically the National Archives has released the full list of targets that the USA was targeting with nuclear weapons in the 1950's. Please be aware that in many cases these targets would have been attacked via bombers, as the era of the ICBM had only just started.
Put simply - and given the fact that the USA had far, far, more atomic bombs than the Soviets did at this time - it would largely have been a one-sided slaughter.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

It kind of goes towards the thinking of the deep state at the time and they probably still do .Scary stuff when you think about it .

edit on 1-1-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well psychopaths will be psychopaths.

We've created a world in which only the rule of overt power is recognised by nation states. The fear of imminent destruction and organised terror drive policies and motives.

Rich men with their games. We're all pawns, they're the players.

There is a document called the PNAC, read it, it's a very good insight into the mindset of power players. All they think about is war and profit. More war and more profit. How to profit from a war, or how to profit from even losing a war.

These people will blow up entire continents if they're power could be saved.

This is the dangerous game America plays, you can be a an asset to them or you can be a target, it's that simple and Bush summed it up perfectly when he stated categorically that you're either with the US or you're with the terrorists. There is NO middle ground, and because of that you're a target.

edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I dare say that if you were to look at the Trident hit list many of the same targets would be on that , if you have weapons you need to target them somewhere.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The U.S. had attack plans against everybody.

Including close allies like the UK.

And if people think it was just America that had such plans, they're fooling themselves.

Russia would have had a similar list too.

edit on 1/1/16 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:06 AM
link   
They were planning to launch these attacks if, and only if, NATO was attacked by the other side.
As demonstrated by the fact that the bombs were not launched in the 1950's.
Anyone accusing them of being psychopaths should contemplate the fact that the plans remained unused in the files. True psychopaths would have attacked first.
This is a classic case of "Cet animal est tres mechant- quand on l'attaque, il se defend".
And you know what- the policy worked. Knowing what would happen, the Russians never did invade western Europe.

edit on 1-1-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

It kind of goes towards the thinking of the deep state at the time and they probably still do .Scary stuff when you think about it .

Maybe RT will publish the Soviet Union's list of targets. After all, they are the spearhead for truth in media....

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Maybe they will if they are ever found or released . You will have to keep watching RT to find out eh ! Oh and the Soviet Union died awhile back but yea they have there skeletons I am sure .
edit on 1-1-2016 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

There are some old Pentagon files that would make incredible reading, I'm sure.

Friends and allies today, aren't necessarily tomorrow.

I'm not sure how this list could surprise anyone who recalls anything about the "Cold War"...

I, who know little of the region at that time, could probably come up with a target list that would have at least vaguely resembled that one.
edit on 1/1/2016 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Maybe RT will publish the Soviet Union's list of targets. After all, they are the spearhead for truth in media....

Hint: they never will.. State controlled media.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I find it rather funny for RT, the official mouthpiece of the Kremlin to act as if this was some big deep secret being revealed, it really isn't.

It was while the Cold War was red hot. From that perspective all ungodly pinko Communist countries were in our Nuclear cross-hairs, The Western Imperialistic pigs were in their nuclear cross-hairs.

NEWS FLASH

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I find it rather funny for RT, the official mouthpiece of the Kremlin to act as if this was some big deep secret being revealed, it really isn't.
I was under the impression that this document had only come to light recently . So do you have a link to the same news prior to say the 60's ? or 70's ..?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: SLAYER69

I was under the impression that this document had only come to light recently . So do you have a link to the same news prior to say the 60's ? or 70's ..?

The list was common knowledge through out the Cold War, as was its Soviet equivalent. Military installations, industrial zones, popcons. The question is: why is RT bringing it up now?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Anyone with a working brain, and an atlas could have, and did, work out where the targets would have been.

It was, at best, an open secret.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Furious? LOL eat a bag news anchor.

So USSR had no alpha strike plans? # please.

cry m04r about USA plz.

I survive off the tears.
edit on 5-1-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Well, they don't include the list of American coastal cities targeted in the event of an invasion.

P.S. -- I find it curious that they wanted to nuke capitol cities, considering that preserving Command and Control later became important, since it's not a bad idea to keep some people alive with authority to actually negotiate or surrender.
edit on 5-1-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

It was the NYT that the op's post was based on not RT .Maybe it was the NYT piece that RT was reporting on and if so shouldn't your question be so why is the NYT bringing this up now ?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

It was the NYT that the op's post was based on not RT .Maybe it was the NYT piece that RT was reporting on and if so shouldn't your question be so why is the NYT bringing this up now ?

Because one of its sources brought it to them. Does RT usually report what is running in the NYT?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I can understand people believing that but when you have a Govt. document stating such it become undeniable .I am sure without the fact that the US would drop a bomb on civilian cities in Japan the question might have been debated .The US actions speak quite loud and so all other possible targets were a possibility . The US did that before the cold war even started so they probably had a list even at that time ..

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

RT doesn't cover all the news all the time but they do cover some of the news some of the time .RT is a small news outlet that has followers and so passing on some other news stories is common practice even among western MSM . In fact the western MSM seem to parrot one another in unison . But it seems to go even deeper then the media doing it because we have this little gem from the biid to sell the war on Iraq ..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join